PDA

View Full Version : More new stuff!

pgibson
12-01-2009, 22:31
Hey everyone, Just wanted to announce some new items that will be available latter in the week and coming up in the next couple weeks as well.

First off with the holidays quickly approaching what dose a good spouse get their hammock hanger? A Arrowhead Equipment Gift Certificate of corse! We will be adding gift certificates to our line so that you can pick stuff out for your self and not leave them scratching their heads at what it was you wanted. Was it the polyester or the polly pro tree straps with the whoopie slings? Make it easy on them.

Next we will have a large variety of exotic wood dowels for toggles to use in the Marlin Spike Hitch. They will be available in a number of different woods, and will all be sealed with a heavy coat of oil that will let the natural beauty of the wood show through. I am working on the final design but they should be ready this weekend. I plan on offering them with a small keeper sting (either fine glow cord or utility line in grey or yellow--you pick)

Out a couple of weeks but today I placed a order for 1 inch wide polyester seatbelt webbing. I have it coming in black, grey and tan. The webbing is rated to 3000 pounds, and weighs in at about 1/3rd oz per foot. In a week or two I should have some samples and be able to get a more exact weight on it. This will be available for tree straps and webbing suspensions.

As well I will be working on my design for the infamous ULA Amigo Pro filter system. I really like Angry Sparrows idea of using a dry sack/stuff sack for the filter bag, as apposed to the fabric circle that ULA was using. This system will be more costly to make but IMO I think it will function better. I am planing to offer the system initially without the filter element to keep the cost down. One other tweak that I am considering but not set on yet (and would like some opinions on) is to use parts and hose that is silver ion impregnated, much like all of camelbacks current equipment. The system helps to prevent any skuz from growing in the lines in the event that the system is put way without being totally dry. These parts are a bit more costly than nylon but I am trying to judge if they would be of a large enough benefit or a waste of money.

I am also planning to make complete suspension kits available for those that just want to order one item and have everything they need to change over their suspension. These will eventually be available in a number of options, whoopie's and tree straps with carabiners or toggles- webbing and carabiners- with cinch buckles or rings, rope lines and tree straps, and any other options or combinations that we can come up with

I will also be expanding our selection of DIY parts and pieces in the coming weeks. Along with the new webbing options we will be selling a broader selection of Amsteel and other raw materials for DIY projects.

And finally I have plans to add several other products in the coming weeks that may be slightly further down the road but are coming. First of is the small size Kelly Kettle, I have been talking with KK about getting in these along with some of the accessories for them. Along with that we will be stocking a snow shelter system that is a great winter camping tool. For those that like to camp in the snow this tool makes it a lot of fun, and easier, to built a snow shelter. I have used one in the past and while hanging is great a warm snow shelter can be the easiest way to stay warm in sub 0 conditions. Lots more coming about this in the next month or so. We also have a number of small items that we are still working on that have been suggested in past threads, along with some larger items that we are working out the deigns for.

So as you can see I have lots and lots of work ahead of me to round out this year. Lots of new items still to design and premier. Lots of website work and upgrades to do. And intermixed with this we at Gibson Construction, my day job when we have a job :rolleyes: have a small project that came up this week on a remodel repair for somebody else's bad work. This project will take some of my time off and on over the next couple weeks but I now have some help in the shop so orders will still be shipping about as fast as they have over the past month or two. Which on most stuff is pretty quick, last week we had a large New River quilt out the door in under 24 hours from time of order. We have whoopie slings made and ready to ship in nearly every color available. We have pillows in both sizes made up and ready to ship in both rolled and loose stuff. And all those great hammock stocking stuffers like Carabiners, Fire Steels and P38 can openers are all on hand and will ship same or next day on most all orders.

So here is to a great holiday season to all. Let me know if I can do any thing at all to fill a box under the tree for you or a loved one. :D
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/toni4ball/Fun%20Pix/smileys/smiley-xmaslights.gif

HappyCamper
12-02-2009, 06:10
All sounds great. Thanks for the updates and good luck with both businesses!

BrianWillan
12-02-2009, 20:07
As well I will be working on my design for the infamous ULA Amigo Pro filter system. I really like Angry Sparrows idea of using a dry sack/stuff sack for the filter bag, as apposed to the fabric circle that ULA was using.

Just as a heads up, Katadyn already makes a Base Camp (http://www.katadyn.com/caen/katadyn-products/products/katadynshopconnect/katadyn-water-filters-backcountry-series-products/katadyn-base-camp-1/) water filter. It is essentially a dry sack with a hiker pro filter element in it with a hose running out. I wouldn't want to see their lawyers calling you up in regards to trademark and patent infringement.

Cheers

Brian

bigbamaguy
12-02-2009, 20:33
Trademark/Patent Question:
To solve the patent and trademarks just make it a DIY kit, some assembly required, and there is nothing they can say about it, could they? I would reallly like to know, I have some ideas that I am working on and have not been able to find any relevant information.

angrysparrow
12-02-2009, 20:37
The Base Camp has a fitting that the cartridge screws into, unlike the nylon fittings method previously used by the Amigo Pro. And there are several other gravity filters on the market (even ones with bags), so the idea itself isn't protected.

I'm not a lawyer, but it seems there is sufficient prior art to make this design fair game. YMMV

BTW, congrats on the product additions Paul.

pgibson
12-02-2009, 20:48
Thanks all! Yah I don't think this design is close enough to the Basecamp to be an issue. I sold a few Basecamp's over the years and it is a good system but over built for most light weight packers to justify it over a pump.

I hope that I will get some of the edits and products up on the website this weekend. I am beat, just got home from ripping of hundreds of pounds of sheetrock off walls and then hauling it to the trailer and then unloading it at the dump. Man I am out of shape for this, not doing any physical labor for months gets a guy out of shape faster than you might think. :tonguesmilie:

oldgringo
12-02-2009, 20:56
...not doing any physical labor for months gets a guy out of shape faster than you might think. :tonguesmilie:

Hah! Give it another 30 years or so.:scared:

pgibson
12-02-2009, 20:59
Hah! Give it another 30 years or so.:scared:

Don't even want to think about that right now, seems harder and harder each year. :eek: :lol:

bigfoot2
12-02-2009, 21:50
And finally I have plans to add several other products in the coming weeks that may be slightly further down the road but are coming. First of is the small size Kelly Kettle, I have been talking with KK about getting in these along with some of the accessories for them.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c26/toni4ball/Fun%20Pix/smileys/smiley-xmaslights.gif

Make it in TITANIUM. Then you will sell the heck out of it to the Backpacking Light crowd.

BF:cool:

Shug
12-02-2009, 22:00
Go get 'em Paul.
Whoooooo Kelly Kettle .... a brilliant piece of gear!
I take it backpacking .........

Hawk-eye
12-02-2009, 22:18
Just got a Garrett Wade Catalog ... guess what? They're selling the Kelly Kettle but are calling it an "Aluminum Foul Weather Kettle".

Foul Weather Kettle (http://www.garrettwade.com/product.asp?pn=48C02.01)

pgibson
12-02-2009, 22:19
Thank ye Shug of the many stove, down lofty snug head, piney woods. :D I am very excited about the kelly kettles, really want to play with one. You know it's hard being a hug gear junkie and running a gear business. I can't really play with all my inventory! wouldn't look good sending out stoves with smuts all over it from me making some morning coco. :( :lol::lol::lol::lol:

G.L.P.
12-02-2009, 22:27
Paul you will love the KK it's my GOTO stove ...i really like it
as for coming out with a Amigo Pro filter that would be great i really want one to cut down on weight,I'v been working on a DIY one for 2 weeks
only thing is i can't bring myself to cut up a new filter to do it lolso trying to find a way to use the stock thread to make one

PepeLp
12-03-2009, 00:08
Another suggestion. How about some double ended stuff sacks as described in this thread?

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7224

They sound really handy.

pgibson
12-03-2009, 00:49
There are a few dbl ended AHE stuff sacks roaming the woods in members packs :D We could add them for sure. Actualy I have been thinking about adding stuff sacks any way. Including a small one for stakes and what not.

pgibson
12-03-2009, 21:01
O and I totally forgot to mention that I am adding 2 more sizes to the pillow line up, a Jumbo and a Giant. These will be big pillows, and will still be very light and compressible but a good bit bigger! If you want comfort like your home pillow without packing the bulk or weight then these will be up your ally for sure.

Hooch
12-03-2009, 21:07
When we gonna see some of those fancy-schmancy marlinspike toggles, Paul?

pgibson
12-03-2009, 21:13
When we gonna see some of those fancy-schmancy marlinspike toggles, Paul?

Soon, hope to have the day off of destruction....er a..I mean demolition on Saturday. Then I have to perfect the jig for the router to turn the ends nice and fancy schmancy. I did some by hand with the table belt sander and they are nice but not quite as clean and even as I would like. The router makes a much better round over on the end but has to be set just so to get them right.

Hooch
12-03-2009, 21:15
Soon, hope to have the day off of destruction....er a..I mean demolition on Saturday. Then I have to perfect the jig for the router to turn the ends nice and fancy schmancy. I did some by hand with the table belt sander and they are nice but not quite as clean and even as I would like. The router makes a much better round over on the end but has to be set just so to get them right.
If you need a set "evaluated", I'd be happy to let you know what I think once I test a prototype. Hint. :D

pgibson
12-03-2009, 21:21
I will keep that in mind Hooch, :D I want time to test my self though :D to much to do and make and diapers to change to get out and play with gear though, that and bitter cold. Got a Dixon Roller pack, a Golite Ion, a swiss stove coming and about 20 other new toys I want to get out and play with when I have time. But that's what I have you guys for, tell me what to make and what to buy and maybe some day I will get to play with it my self. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

longbow
12-05-2009, 22:49
Hi Paul:

Is there anything new coming... in regard to tarps?

pgibson
12-05-2009, 23:02
Hi Paul:

Is there anything new coming... in regard to tarps?

Yes, but I don't have a date of exactly when I will have them up and running. I was trying to partner with another manufacture to make my designs for me as I am so behind on so many projects and tarps take quite a bit of time, especially with 3-6 designs to do. But he is so swamped with his own projects that it just did not work out right now. So I am trying to set aside some capitol to go towards fabric for tarps and figure out exactly how I want them done up. I have a lot planed for my tarps (even a name for the line) logo planed, and several of the basic designs laid out. Hang in there I am working on it. :D

PepeLp
12-06-2009, 00:03
C'mon! You've got three kids and a wife, right? She had the baby a couple of weeks ago, that's enough of a vacation. Time for her to get back to work. Kids have those nimble little fingers to do the detail work. Think how happy your wife will be with a sewing machine and one of those things for hot-cutting webbing for Christmas! :)

stormcrow
12-06-2009, 00:12
Kids have those nimble little fingers to do the detail work.

LOL, yep that's how we do it here in stormcrowland. 4 kids that we "home school" everyday. hey, it's not so bad, I will at least give them Christmas morning off!

:lol::lol:

SC

gnome
12-06-2009, 00:29
ya workin on tarps? We need a greater selection and sizes (and perhaps a bit less pricey)of cuben tarps. I have a DIY seems to work well. I used no sewing, just tapes. It needs some more testing but has possibilities, go man go! gnome

pgibson
12-06-2009, 02:46
O so that is how those Crowsnests look so good, hey the UQ market is getting a little more crowded around here --Ring, Ring, Ring -"yah hi labor department there is this guy, Adam, in the mid west some place and well I think I need to call animal rights to cause he has an offal lot of chicken feathers in his house too." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: some times you guys are to much.

On a serius note I would love to do cuben or spin for my tarps, love to...who wants to send me a $1000.00 to cover the first roll of fabric :eek: no seriously :mellow: who wants to lend me $20,000 and I will get all the product you guys could ever want here and ready to ship out asap :lol:

pgibson
12-07-2009, 21:22
OK guys and gals, Finally got my site upgrade to go though so I have a few things added. We have Gift Certificates up and ready to print out with any amount you want. We have a new "Jumbo" size available in our loose stuff pillow -- this is the big one for those that like a big soft pillow. And I added 7/64th inch amsteel and black Polypro webbing to the DIY section. The site is also now searchable and you can sort by several options including newest items. I hope to get some more stuff up in the next couple days.

Thanks all.

pgibson
12-08-2009, 20:00
Wood toggles are now available! Finally got them done. Lots more work and time and cost into making them than I had planned but I have them done.

They are here: AHE Wood Toggles (http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1078701)

And a few pictures of them.

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=129022147&size=large http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=129022373&size=large http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=129022175&size=large http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=129022347&size=large http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=129022441&size=large

opie
12-08-2009, 20:14
Looks good Paul. Nice addition.

HappyCamper
12-08-2009, 20:47
You should sell Shuggies! (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6498)

pgibson
12-08-2009, 20:50
You should sell Shuggies! (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6498)

lol :D :lol: Happy your #2 so far today to recommend we do Shuggies.

pgibson
12-09-2009, 21:25
Got my sample of the 1" wide seat belt webbing that I ordered last week. I hope to have it in stock in the next week or two. They sent me a sample of each color, I had asked for a foot of each so I could get a weight on it but all they sent was about 3 inches of each. I don't think my scale is accurate enough to get weight and do the math out, so that will wait till I get the full rolls in. I will be stocking all 3 colors and am having my supplier check on some others as well.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2501/4173414300_2b82f35afb.jpg

oldgringo
12-09-2009, 21:45
Paul, can you take advance orders on that, or do you even know what the pricing structure will look like?

pgibson
12-09-2009, 22:17
Paul, can you take advance orders on that, or do you even know what the pricing structure will look like?

I have a price, just not a delivery date. But if you really want dibs on some I can add it to the site and back order it. It is going to run $0.30 by the foot, $0.60 for tree straps or webbing suspension lines.

They told me last tuesday that it would be a few weeks they thought but most of my special orders with this supplier have come in sooner than they estimated.

saltminer
12-16-2009, 13:44
Hey Paul, Are you going to be getting any aluminum cinch buckles(WB style)?

Keny

pgibson
12-16-2009, 13:47
Hey Paul, Are you going to be getting any aluminum cinch buckles(WB style)?

Keny

We are working on something to that end, hopefully some news soon on those :D

pgibson
12-17-2009, 21:16
So Just added some more options in a couple products, We now have Universal Digital (Army) Camo available for a couple of products ---BBO's, all three quilts, hammock chairs and many of the pillows. Here is a shot of it in a BBO on my 1.1 DBL WBBB. I think the grey goes well together.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2510/4193386253_d57d5d1e2e.jpg

I also just added a new color for the aluminum Whoopie toggles -- Gold
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2652/4194144416_8e3a79fb98.jpg
I should have a few more colors for these in a few days, I have some set aside for me to check out at a supplier.

I also added some new ultralight cutting boards in the last couple days. I have 2 sizes, both of them under an oz and flat so they pack any where in your pack.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2702/4193420309_9e624205c8.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4041/4194177728_a219157209.jpg

pgibson
12-21-2009, 21:01
Chinch buckles are shipping in the morning, I should have them by the first of the week and they will start shipping out on Monday or Tuesday.

They are listed here: Cinch Buckles (http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1105085)

These are right up the same ally as the current Warbonnet Cinch Buckles and do not need a back up knot for a webbing based system.

If you would like to reserve a pair, shoot me a PM or fill out the "Contact Us" form at AHE and I can reserve a set for you.

Also 1" seat belt webbing will be in stock on Monday as well in Black, Grey, and Tan.

I will be adding some more items in the next day or two including "Arrowhead Chain Links" These will be a continuous loop of amsteel for attaching your Cinch Buckles to your hammock using a larks head or girth hitch.

PS. The Buckles that have already been reserved are set and will ship as discussed personally. Thanks

gargoyle
12-22-2009, 00:04
Nice Paul, is that price per pair or single?

I like the cutting board. I'll order up a couple of each soon. Nice adds to your ever growing inventory.

pgibson
12-22-2009, 11:18
Nice Paul, is that price per pair or single?

I like the cutting board. I'll order up a couple of each soon. Nice adds to your ever growing inventory.

That is priced per buckle, I would like to get that down a lower but that would take ordering something like 1000 at a time :scared: but we may get there some day. :cool:

pgibson
12-22-2009, 23:16
Just got the pictures and details up on the new "Chain Links (http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1106791)"

These will be available as soon as the Cinch Buckles arrive but if you would like to reserve a pair, shoot me a PM or fill out the "Contact Us" form at AHE and I can reserve a set for you.

pgibson
12-30-2009, 21:11
Cinch Buckles have arrived and are available in the AHE store. We also got in the Seat Belt Webbing today in Grey and Tan.

pgibson
01-04-2010, 12:19
Ok the Rings (http://arrowheadequipment.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1128958) are up on the site. I also just placed an order for a couple more colors that should be in stock towards the end of the week.

pgibson
01-07-2010, 14:42
Just got in the second order of Rings so we now have 4 colors available. :D

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=134578586&size=large