PDA

View Full Version : Simply Light Designs...Two Thumbs Up!

Big Flounder
05-12-2016, 07:25
I just wanted to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs. I placed an order yesterday morning for a couple of things, had a personal e-mail from him within an hour saying he would make the items up and get them shipped right away, and had a shipping confirmation e-mail waiting for me when I woke up this morning. That's a less than 24 hour turnaround time! Gotta love the customer service of small businesses! Thanks Jared!

alifeoutdoors
05-12-2016, 07:48
Aye Jared is awesome. He just did a huge custom Winter Haven for me and my wife 12 x 14. From initial email inquiry to at my door was less than a week. I don't know how he does it so fast.

dakotaross
05-12-2016, 08:00
Still using my custom Streamliner I got a couple of years ago. Let's just say that Jared went out of his way to make sure I was happy with his product... Priceless!

Dutch
05-12-2016, 08:04
Jared is awesome.

alifeoutdoors
05-12-2016, 08:19
Still using my custom Streamliner I got a couple of years ago. Let's just say that Jared went out of his way to make sure I was happy with his product... Priceless!

Just curious, what was custom on your streamliner? I got a new dream hammock that I've been enjoying this spring but I'm thinking of returning to my streamliner. It's just been my most comfortable hammock so far and hard to beat.

dakotaross
05-12-2016, 08:30
Just curious, what was custom on your streamliner? I got a new dream hammock that I've been enjoying this spring but I'm thinking of returning to my streamliner. It's just been my most comfortable hammock so far and hard to beat.

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=25848&catid=member&imageuser=33

See this pic and the one next to it in my gallery. He added a pocket for putting stuff into - big enough to hold a book which is what I loved about the RR pockets (that hammock didn't work out for me) as well can/bottle holder that fits the std width of a beer can or bottle with enough room for a coozie. Also have clips along the side to hold up the UQ suspension.

Oh, also, the original one he made for me at std width of about 58" just seemed too narrow, especially with the rigid sides. (for ref., I don't like the 58" width of the dutch hammocks either, so might be just me) He made another for me, adjusting the side hem and using the max of the material that he could. Its about 62" now and much better IMO. Of course, everything is "custom", but he did a lot of extra work for me for very little extra $$.

GoatHanger
05-12-2016, 08:38
I am pretty sure that my trail lair is my most comfortable hammock. I will never get rid of that thing.

He does ship things so fast. He was actually on vacation when I ordered mine, and I still got it in less than a week. Amazing.

alifeoutdoors
05-12-2016, 09:01
https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=25848&catid=member&imageuser=33

See this pic and the one next to it in my gallery. He added a pocket for putting stuff into - big enough to hold a book which is what I loved about the RR pockets (that hammock didn't work out for me) as well can/bottle holder that fits the std width of a beer can or bottle with enough room for a coozie. Also have clips along the side to hold up the UQ suspension.

Oh, also, the original one he made for me at std width of about 58" just seemed too narrow, especially with the rigid sides. (for ref., I don't like the 58" width of the dutch hammocks either, so might be just me) He made another for me, adjusting the side hem and using the max of the material that he could. Its about 62" now and much better IMO. Of course, everything is "custom", but he did a lot of extra work for me for very little extra $$.

Oh nice, that was an excellent mod.

TrailSlug
05-12-2016, 09:16
I just wanted to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs. I placed an order yesterday morning for a couple of things, had a personal e-mail from him within an hour saying he would make the items up and get them shipped right away, and had a shipping confirmation e-mail waiting for me when I woke up this morning. That's a less than 24 hour turnaround time! Gotta love the customer service of small businesses! Thanks Jared!
Yes we've all said that Jared doesn't sleep and he does excellent and fast work. If you need it in a hurry he's the guy to turn to. He should rename his business Simply Light "Speed" Designs

Martin_1
05-12-2016, 11:30
Jared rules!

I love my Trail Lair. From the moment I ordered, to the moment he told me he shipped it were only a couple of hours! A COUPLE OF HOURS!!!

He works VERY fast, but also VERY accurate.

Jkreese
05-12-2016, 16:31
Jared is great! High quality work for great prices!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goobie
05-12-2016, 17:14

Thankfully, not many people have caught on to this hammock. If they did, his lead time might end up being, heaven forbid, dayS or weekS :scared::scared:

jmdeacon
05-12-2016, 23:56
+1 on the superfast delivery. Order placed Saturday. Shipping notification email on Sunday AM. Hammock arrived 3 days later.
Looks and feels well great.

alifeoutdoors
05-13-2016, 08:18
Thankfully, not many people have caught on to this hammock. If they did, his lead time might end up being, heaven forbid, dayS or weekS :scared::scared:

lol very good point.

michigandave
05-13-2016, 08:20

shhhh....I don't want to give up the fast turnaround time either. I caught onto this hammock a couple years ago, so let's keep it a secret. I'm planning on a new one in the fall out of hexon. Meanwhile, just got my shipping info for a special custom item from Jared. More details coming soon :cool:

Zilla
05-13-2016, 13:30
Yup ,, Jared is awesome.