PDA

View Full Version : France > Provence (Cévennes) > September 1-20, 2016

Rouskof
08-09-2016, 12:45
Hi,
I'm looking for partners to camp/hang in this gorgeous area of South France in September. I know the area, and have all the detailed maps, and know already where the great hikes are. It will be camping or hanging in nature, maybe occasionally sleeping in a bed and breakfast. This region is very rural and very remote, with dramatic landscapes, authentic centuries-old villages, deep canyon-like rivers and many woods.
You can get there by train easily.
Let me know if someone is interested.

Nicolas

happywizz
08-09-2016, 14:27
Hi Nicolas,
I would love to come but 1 september is too soon for me. I have done quite a lot of hammocking quite in the area of Nice-Mercantour-Seyne. (This summer I have been to the pyrenees.) If you planning another trip, let me know! Would be nice to have a trip with another hammocker, France is awesome for hammocks.
Cheers, and have fun!
Frank

Rouskof
08-09-2016, 14:53
Thank you. Well, the Pyrénées is on my wish list as well! Just in case: it is possible to join me/us later during this period. I will have a car and will be able to pick you up. The hike will probably be split in several hikes, not just a long one. I am new to hammocking, but I have some good camping experience.

Rouskof
08-10-2016, 02:13
The area I am going to is less abrupt than proper mountains like the Pyrenees. There are a lot of chestnut trees, Stevenson hiked through it and wrote the famous book "Voyage with a donkey in the Cevennes".

If some are interested but not available next month, we can also go back at another time of the year. They say Spring is wonderful, and also less hot.