PDA

View Full Version : AZ > Mogollon Rim > Long Valley Campground > Group Hang October 13-16, 2016

Kamper Kurt
08-10-2016, 17:43
We have reserved the Long Valley Campground (http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/coconino/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=54926&actid=33) near Clint's Well up on the Rim for our second October group hang. The site will be open to us from Thursday October 13 at 2pm, to Sunday October 16 at 12pm.
Whether you would like to join us for just a day, or for all three nights we would love to see you up there.

The Long Valley site is located in the cool pines of the Coconino National Forest at 6950 ft and has:
5+ private wooded acres
3 pedestal grills
A group fire pit
10 picnic tables
Vault toilets for up to 50 people
Close access to hiking trails, sightseeing, wildlife viewing, and Blue Ridge Reservoir

There is no water or trash service so you will need to provide your own.

If you plan to attend please let us know to expect you.

The site cost $130 for the three nights. I will not be asking anyone for money but donations will be welcome.

The hang was family friendly last year and everyone had a good time. We would ask that we do the same this year.

Kamper Kurt
08-10-2016, 17:44
So far those that would like to attend:
1. arczeneb
2. FJRPilot
3. Randerson
4. AZsteelman
5. Whisky1
6. Redfish
7. wolverine43
8. clean

Randerson
08-10-2016, 23:13
Nice! Thanks Kurt. Look forward to catching up

arczeneb
08-10-2016, 23:58
If a thought is there to attend this was last year.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/117198-AZ-Mogollon-Rim-Group-Hang-October-22-2015

Im sure there will be a double potluck, plenty of activities or just lounging around.

clean
08-14-2016, 09:30
Thanks for putting this together, Kurt. My son and I will be there. My wife may join us as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZsteelman
08-15-2016, 09:36
Hey, thanks for putting this together, can't wait. I may have another to join us, will advise later.

arczeneb
08-15-2016, 15:14
Thanks Kurt I might have another that plans to attend, will advise later. Also
if the group doesn't mind Daisy would like to attend if the weather is in her favor.

Reminder 2 potlucks, firewood if cool, water, cash and trash bags.

FJRpilot
08-15-2016, 18:06
I'm really looking forward to this. Thanks again to Kurt. I will definitely bring one additional person. I'm all for Daisy attending arczeneb....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kamper Kurt
08-15-2016, 21:33
I looked through the list from last year. Other people that showed interest were:
Songdog, kwpapke, gsquared, fagan, lchavez, Wildcat AZ, nojope, jason4_30, TooTall, ecmoda, bradray, and Voodou.

If you know any of them you might give them a poke.

Kamper Kurt
08-24-2016, 08:49
Here are the rules for the campsite. Please review them.

FJRpilot
08-24-2016, 19:06
Looks good to me.... Count me in for a meal (whatever the group wants, breakfast or dinner) as well as some firewood for the campfire... Looks like my count is 2 now... May grow to three but I'm still not sure...

Redfish
08-26-2016, 20:05
Mr Pilot:

Breakfast - Sausage Burrito smothered with green chili.
Dinner - green chili cheeseburger.

You offered!!!!

FJRpilot
08-26-2016, 21:07
I can do that.... Let's plan on the breakfast... Hatch Green Chili....

Randerson
08-27-2016, 00:27
Nice! Good suggestion Reddish, and thanks FJRPilot.

I'll bring the smoked/pulled pork for dinner.
I'm in for 2 people at this point.

Randerson
08-27-2016, 01:12
Nice! Good suggestion Reddish, and thanks FJRPilot.

I'll bring the smoked/pulled pork for dinner.
I'm in for 2 people at this point.

Kamper Kurt
08-27-2016, 01:26
Ok...guess I will start to track who we can expect and when....

clean
08-27-2016, 01:28
I believe my clan will roll in two deep for Thursday and Friday nights. It's possible my wife or a friend might join us.

kwpapke
08-27-2016, 08:45
Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I should be able to make this one. Probably just come for one night. Any day hikes planned?

--Kurt

Redfish
08-27-2016, 21:04
Alright with the burritos! I'll chip in with a dz hamburger patties, buns, cheese and green chilies for Friday (or Sat) dinner. I plan on being there for three nights.

clean
08-28-2016, 16:50
That's quite a plan, Pedro.

My vote is people bring what they want and we kind of let it happen.

clean
08-28-2016, 16:57
Any day hikes planned?

--Kurt

Glad to hear you are likely to join us, Kurt.

I love hiking in this area. The Cabin Loop is a favorite although last year I got profoundly lazy and didn't hike much other than to find some quiet time in an adjacent meadow.

Do you have any favorites in the area?

arczeneb
08-28-2016, 21:02
That's quite a plan, Pedro.
My vote is people bring what they want and we kind of let it happen.

I agree just working around those main dishes folks plan to provide just a suggestion up to the group

AZsteelman
08-29-2016, 11:44

I'll be in for all 3 nights -

kwpapke
08-30-2016, 23:10
Glad to hear you are likely to join us, Kurt.
I love hiking in this area. The Cabin Loop is a favorite although last year I got profoundly lazy and didn't hike much other than to find some quiet time in an adjacent meadow.
I did the cabin loop back in 2009, but nothing else up on the Rim. Should be a nice time of year to amble around up there!

Whisky1
09-01-2016, 07:25

I'll be solo, and as of right now, looking like early Sat (Possibly Friday evening) arrival, leave Sunday.

FJRpilot
09-03-2016, 18:20
Count me in for all three nights...

Kamper Kurt
09-05-2016, 20:19
It is official, I got the paperwork back from the Forest Service today. I will send out the gate code to those arriving on Thursday when we get a little closer.

Historical Weather
High - 63
Low - 32

Dusey
09-07-2016, 16:48
Oooh! great!

My wife and I are a "Maybe". I'll come back and confirm once we figure stuff out.

(I desperately want to get all 4 of my kids in hammocks while they're young! I don't know if I'll have setups for them yet, so they may have to tent it up. Not sure if they'll come or spend a weekend with grandma and grandpa. Again, I'll come post soon when I get everything figured out.)

clean
09-07-2016, 22:25
FYI my punk son will probably sleep on the ground. Your kids won't be the only ones.

Redfish
09-11-2016, 08:37
A WARNING to everyone who plans to attend!!!

Bring sunglasses. A certain attendee will probably be showing off a new Lime Green tarp. Guaranteed to be bright.

clean
09-11-2016, 08:56
That tarp definitively needs some glow in the dark rigging.

AZsteelman
09-17-2016, 18:48
A WARNING to everyone who plans to attend!!!

Bring sunglasses. A certain attendee will probably be showing off a new Lime Green tarp. Guaranteed to be bright.

I'm anxiously waiting for it to be delivered right now!!

Kamper Kurt
09-20-2016, 10:07

Clean, I hiked the Houston Brothers portion this spring which was relatively flat and easy. Is the rest of the loop similar? I am wondering if the whole thing can be done in a day. I believe that it is about 20 miles.

clean
09-20-2016, 11:41
Kurt, The entire Cabin Loop system is around 39 miles depending on how you do it. My favorite section is the east loop, hiking the U-Bar, Barbershop and Houston Brother's trails in a clockwise direction starting near Pinchot Spring. That loop is about 16.5 miles. I'm going to message you a link in a moment...

Kamper Kurt
09-23-2016, 08:56
For anyone else that likes a little punishment, Clean and I are talking about doing a 20ish mile hike on the Cabin Loop that Friday with our kids. Cars could be parked at different ends if people want to do just part.

Redfish
09-26-2016, 07:38
33 and frost here this morning. Let's hope for some nice cool weather at the hang.

Kamper Kurt
09-26-2016, 10:39
33 and frost here this morning. Let's hope for some nice cool weather at the hang.

Averages are high 62 and low 32. We should be able to get a forecast by the end of the week. Right now temps are still a little above the average.

Dusey
09-26-2016, 14:54
Update: My wife (Kirsa) and I are in! Kids will not be attending (grandparents sleepover :)

Oooh! great!

My wife and I are a "Maybe". I'll come back and confirm once we figure stuff out.

(I desperately want to get all 4 of my kids in hammocks while they're young! I don't know if I'll have setups for them yet, so they may have to tent it up. Not sure if they'll come or spend a weekend with grandma and grandpa. Again, I'll come post soon when I get everything figured out.)

Dusey
09-27-2016, 10:12
Specifically, Friday afternoon - Saturday

CBX133
09-27-2016, 16:12
For anyone else that likes a little punishment, Clean and I are talking about doing a 20ish mile hike on the Cabin Loop that Friday with our kids. Cars could be parked at different ends if people want to do just part.

Kurt, myself and a few friends just finished a 19 mile overnight backpack trip this weekend on the east of the Cabin Loop. There are a ton of different options that you can do to vary the difficulty and trip length. We started down at coyote springs and hiked counter-clockwise up U-Bar, down to aspen springs (where we camped out), then down Houston brothers over the Barbershop. There are definitely some difficult parts going that direction as you hit the major climbs toward the end when you are more tired. We did about 4 hours day 1 and 4.25 day 2(barbershop trail has some weird navigation and we customized a bit lol).

Anyways, I got my friend I went with into Hammock camping and this was his first trip out in it and we had a great time. We may try to stop by this group hang, but I am not nearly positive yet. Any excuse to get in my hammock in the high country and I will consider hah. I have not met any of you guys, but my experience with fellow hammock junkies has always been positive :-)

Here is a google earth flyover of our mapped trip that our buddy took. Kinda cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0PnbKW8zY&feature=youtu.be

Kamper Kurt
09-27-2016, 18:24
Update on those known to be attending...

clean
09-28-2016, 19:45
Kurt, myself and a few friends just finished a 19 mile overnight backpack trip this weekend on the east of the Cabin Loop. There are a ton of different options that you can do to vary the difficulty and trip length. We started down at coyote springs and hiked counter-clockwise up U-Bar, down to aspen springs (where we camped out), then down Houston brothers over the Barbershop. There are definitely some difficult parts going that direction as you hit the major climbs toward the end when you are more tired. We did about 4 hours day 1 and 4.25 day 2(barbershop trail has some weird navigation and we customized a bit lol).

Anyways, I got my friend I went with into Hammock camping and this was his first trip out in it and we had a great time. We may try to stop by this group hang, but I am not nearly positive yet. Any excuse to get in my hammock in the high country and I will consider hah. I have not met any of you guys, but my experience with fellow hammock junkies has always been positive :-)

Here is a google earth flyover of our mapped trip that our buddy took. Kinda cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA0PnbKW8zY&feature=youtu.be

@CBX133 was there much smoke from the Pinchot Fire?

kwpapke
09-29-2016, 10:53
Update on those known to be attending...
Put me down for Saturday night for now. I was hoping to attend for 2 nights, but I now have a conflict on Friday night.

Haven't decided what I'll bring for food, but will bring my native American flute and drive everyone crazy...

Kamper Kurt
10-02-2016, 10:07
Averages are high 62 and low 32. We should be able to get a forecast by the end of the week. Right now temps are still a little above the average.

Looking at the advance forecast this is what is being predicted:
High 63
Low 38
No Rain
Winds 8mph
Sunrise 06:30
Sunset 17:50

clean
10-02-2016, 20:43
Perfect weather

Texas Hanger
10-03-2016, 10:51
:drool::drool: VERY JEALOUS! :drool::drool:

Redfish
10-03-2016, 19:32
So far I see about 10 for Thursday nite dinner. Green chile cheeseburgers cooked on grill by chef Dennis. They will be good!!!

Kamper Kurt
10-07-2016, 11:35
****** WARNING ****** PLEASE READ ********

Clean and I have been talking about the fire that is burning up on the rim. I called the Forest Service and our site is being heavily impacted by smoke. In fact the reservation that people had for this week was cancelled. The representative is going to talk to the fire guys and get a recommendation for next week. It is possible that our reservation will have to be moved / cancelled. I will try to post again Monday when I hear back.

Sorry for the late warning, but it is hard to anticipate these types of events.

FYI - Clean is going to take a look this weekend at the area.

clean
10-07-2016, 12:56
The wind is blowing from the southeast this weekend so this would be a bad weekend to camp there. Let's just hope the wind is blowing a different direction next weekend.

The NOAA forecast only goes to next Thursday right now and it looks like it's blowing from the southwest which should keep us clear.

Keep your fingers crossed.

FJRpilot
10-07-2016, 20:05
Fingers crossed.....

Kamper Kurt
10-09-2016, 10:26
For those of you that did not know about the fire, here is some information. (https://ein.az.gov/emergency-information/emergency-bulletin/lightning-caused-pinchot-fire-burning-near-clints-well)
It was lightning caused and is a low threat, so they have been letting it burn for the last few weeks to benefit the forest. It is about 7 miles from our campsite. A map of the fire area can be viewed here (http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5030/).

I tried to update a higher res map of a larger area to make it a little clearer. There is no fire danger, just a potential smoke issue. And the fact that the fire is right where I wanted to hike :(.

clean
10-09-2016, 16:53
Good news!

We just spent the weekend backpacking in the area, starting west of the fire at Dane Spring and hiking down near lower Barbershop Canyon via the U-Bar and Barbershop trails. We had a very faint whiff of smokey smell when the wind shifted yesterday around dusk but otherwise no smoke was visible. This morning we had a clear blue sky and could not see any hanging smoke or a smoke plume as we drove around the fire on it's east, north and west sides via FR 96 & 95 or HWY 87. We were several miles away but I'm confident we would have seen any significant smoke from our vantage point.

I'll wager a nickel to anyone that is interested that smoke will not effect the hang next weekend. #yay

Randerson
10-09-2016, 23:17
Good news!

We just spent the weekend backpacking in the area, starting west of the fire at Dane Spring and hiking down near lower Barbershop Canyon via the U-Bar and Barbershop trails. We had a very faint whiff of smokey smell when the wind shifted yesterday around dusk but otherwise no smoke was visible. This morning we had a clear blue sky and could not see any hanging smoke or a smoke plume as we drove around the fire on it's east, north and west sides via FR 96 & 95 or HWY 87. We were several miles away but I'm confident we would have seen any significant smoke from our vantage point.

I'll wager a nickel to anyone that is interested that smoke will not effect the hang next weekend. #yay

Sweet! Thanks for the recon!

Kamper Kurt
10-10-2016, 08:00
I sent the gate code out to everyone that was confirmed in a private message. If you did not get it let me know.

Contact for problems is Rose Harley 928-853-3690. Will update after I talk to the forest service today, but clean's recon looks very promising.

Hope to see you all up there.

Randerson
10-10-2016, 10:49
Kurt,
I will be there with my son for Friday/Saturday evening,
So put me down for 2 those two nights. I'll be bringing some smoked pork shoulder (pulled pork) for sandwiches and some Cole slaw. Look forward to seeing everyone

Kamper Kurt
10-10-2016, 11:56
I was asked to clarify. The site will be open to us from Thursday October 13 at 2pm, to Sunday October 16 at 12pm.

Forest service is on holiday today, will check with them tomorrow for any updates.

Weather still looks good. https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAZ0094:1:US

Dusey
10-10-2016, 14:04
Awesome.

No need to post an updated spreadsheet, but there is a chance my wife and I will be able to hang out (pun intended) an extra day (Saturday night.) May be decided while we're up there. Looking forward to it!

arczeneb
10-10-2016, 17:13
I'm in Thursday at the gate 1400 thru Saturday out Sunday. Right now me and Daisy waiting for my friend to commit this is his first hang.

what to bring something to go with green chili burgers and pulled pork also cash for the host. Unless told other wise wish everyone a safe trip.

Early weather forecast.

Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 67.

Thursday Night (https://hammockforums.net/forum/x-apple-data-detectors://4)
Mostly clear, with a low around 39.

Friday
Sunny, with a high near 70.

Friday Night (https://hammockforums.net/forum/x-apple-data-detectors://6)
Clear, with a low around 41.

Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 69.

Saturday Night (https://hammockforums.net/forum/x-apple-data-detectors://8)
Mostly clear, with a low around 42.

Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 69.

Redfish
10-10-2016, 18:11
I make it about 11 plus daisy for Thurs dinner. Green Chile cheeseburger plus maybe some brats. Bring an appetite!!

clean
10-10-2016, 19:23
I'm bringing some fine fine artisanal sausages from the local awesome place (Schreiners) to grill on sticks over the fire. These can be enjoyed any time anyone gets the hungry and the fire is going. I can live off of smoked meat for a weekend, dunno about the rest of you...

AZsteelman
10-10-2016, 20:29
Well a camping trip isn't complete for me until I've had a dinner from a Mountain House bag! [emoji41] it's just a must have! I'm bringing chips, salsa, and beans for the chile cheeseburgers Thursday! And my wife made a ton of banana bread. I hope to save some for you guys!

FJRpilot
10-10-2016, 21:37
I'm having to adjust my arrival to Friday and likely dropping one attendee (just me)... so, I'm planning to bring a Saturday breakfast for the group (Mountain Man Breakfast) unless someone wants me to bring something else. I should be there in the early afternoon Friday 3pm or so...

Kamper Kurt
10-11-2016, 01:21
I make it about 11 plus daisy for Thurs dinner. Green Chile cheeseburger plus maybe some brats. Bring an appetite!!

Adjusted the count with the latest info, might be closer to 8-9 for Thursday dinner. Close enough though.

FYI, one of my sons has a lot of food allergies. There is usually one ingredient in everything someone makes that he cannot have. A big one is sugar (cane, beet, or any derivative), since almost all processed food has a little. He also cannot have anything that could be contaminated with gluten. Throw in eggs, spinach, chard, quinoa and anything else in the amaranth family and it is on the no list.

For him not to feel left out, I will need to eat what he has for some of the meals. While I will love to taste a little bit of everything, I just want to make sure that no one is offended if I also have to pass.

Kamper Kurt
10-11-2016, 16:58
Talked with the forest service. There will be a prescribed burn in the area on Thursday and there could potentially be some light smoke. It should all be cleared up by Friday morning.

clean
10-11-2016, 17:41
Good News

NOAA Forecast has the wind blowing towards:

ENE on Thursday
N to NE on Friday
NE on Saturday
NE on Sunday

The campground is about 8 miles due west of the fire. This means the smoke is unlikely to be blowing towards the campground. My prediction is we won't even know the fire is there. Worst case scenario is a vague campfire smell (which we probably we won't even notice since we will have our own campfire).

FJRpilot
10-11-2016, 18:46
I'm assuming we need to bring some wood for a camp fire?

Randerson
10-11-2016, 18:58

Last year we had everyone bring 2 bundles.

Randerson
10-11-2016, 19:00
Good News

NOAA Forecast has the wind blowing towards:

ENE on Thursday
N to NE on Friday
NE on Saturday
NE on Sunday

The campground is about 8 miles due west of the fire. This means the smoke is unlikely to be blowing towards the campground. My prediction is we won't even know the fire is there. Worst case scenario is a vague campfire smell (which we probably we won't even notice since we will have our own campfire).

That is good news

arczeneb
10-11-2016, 19:43

Also a reminder trash bags and water, slim pickings out there for firewood it's ok not to have a fire early to bed.

This site, which encompasses approximately 5 acres, is an old Forest Service work center. There are 5 buildings on the grounds which are not made available to the public. There are 3 pedestal grills, a group fire pit, 10 picnic tables. Neither water nor garbage service is provided. Your group must make the necessary arrangements for both. There are vault toilets.

wolverine43
10-12-2016, 19:48
Well Im going to have to sit this one out. Hope everyone has a good time. I will be hanging in the front yard in solidarity with ya. looking forward to a spring hang. :shades:

FJRpilot
10-12-2016, 20:48
Well Im going to have to sit this one out. Hope everyone has a good time. I will be hanging in the front yard in solidarity with ya. looking forward to a spring hang. :shades:

We'll be thinking about you... spring in Az is not to far away...

Randerson
10-12-2016, 22:30

Bummer, hope to catch you in the Spring, or maybe this winter sometime.
Rick

clean
10-13-2016, 08:08

That's too bad. I was hoping you'd be there. I look forward to our next hang (or hike!).

Randerson
10-13-2016, 17:41
The pork shoulder is on the smoker as we speak!
Pedro nicknamed me pulled pork last Fall, so save room for some Friday or Saturday night.
See you all tomorrow afternoon (w/creamy Cole slaw and buns also)
Rick "Pulled Pork" Anderson

FJRpilot
10-13-2016, 21:37
Very nice.. looks great. Do you need me to bring anything?

Randerson
10-13-2016, 22:06
Very nice.. looks great. Do you need me to bring anything?

I think we're good. I'm bringing buns, Cole slaw and BBQ sauce, you should be good if you are still planning on breakfast saturday. Anything I can bring to pitch in for that?
See you tomorrow. Look forward to meeting finally

FJRpilot
10-13-2016, 22:30
Definitely bringing breakfast for Saturday ( mountain man breakfast). I've got it all covered... even cowboy coffee if anybody wants some. Folks will need to have their own cups... and sweetener or creamer. I drink my coffee black... I'll have paper plates, napkins, plastic forks...maybe some hot sauce?

clean
10-13-2016, 23:05
I just crawled into my hammock. It's cold and clear here with a full moon. See y'all Friday!

Randerson
10-13-2016, 23:19
Definitely bringing breakfast for Saturday ( mountain man breakfast). I've got it all covered... even cowboy coffee if anybody wants some. Folks will need to have their own cups... and sweetener or creamer. I drink my coffee black... I'll have paper plates, napkins, plastic forks...maybe some hot sauce?

Sounds good! I'm with you, coffee black. Simple. See you tomorrow afternoon

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Randerson
10-13-2016, 23:20
I just crawled into my hammock. It's cold and clear here with a full moon. See y'all Friday!

Sounds perfect. See you all tomorrow

FJRpilot
10-14-2016, 08:09
Sounds good! I'm with you, coffee black. Simple. See you tomorrow afternoon

See you this afternoon... pulling out of El Paso now...

dejoha
10-14-2016, 11:17
I'm coming! I'll see you tonight (Friday). I can't stay long, but I'm looking forward to it.

Dusey
10-16-2016, 14:54
We had a blast! Thank everyone! We were the last out, so just wanted to let Kurt know we locked everything up and took out the bathroom trash. It was a great group of people, who shared lots of stories and lots of food.

I'll make my (and Kirsa's) photos available soon!

AZsteelman
10-16-2016, 15:05
What a great trip! Couldn't have asked for better weather. It was so cool to meet so many of our fellow hammock campers. Thanks to Kurt for putting this all together!

arczeneb
10-16-2016, 16:23
Had a great time home safe see everyone next October. More photos later.

Randerson
10-16-2016, 19:34
Great time everyone! Good seeing/meeting everyone. 2nd Annual was a success, thanks Kamper Kurt for coordinating. See you all next Fall (or before)

FJRpilot
10-16-2016, 19:59
Thanks to everyone who attended, had a great time and really enjoyed spending time around the campfire. The weather couldn't have been better and I'd say it was a huge success. Special thanks to Kamper Kurt for reserving the campground. And thanks to Randerson and arczeneb for a great dinner last night. See you all next year!

Bellke
10-28-2016, 13:50
well crud. Been off the forums for a while working and missed this completely. Have it on my calendar for next year already! :)

Randerson
10-29-2016, 09:36
Sorry we missed you Bellke,
Welcome back and hope to see you at future AZ hangs
Rick

Dusey
10-31-2016, 23:47
Photos here! - https://www.flickr.com/photos/duseyphoto/albums/72157672376606393

kwpapke
11-01-2016, 09:11
Photos here!

Nice work!

Redfish
11-02-2016, 20:01
Thanks for posting the pics. I think everybody had a nice time. I know I did.

arczeneb
11-02-2016, 22:38
place to nap

arczeneb
11-02-2016, 23:19
activities
warmth
my stump
social
look up

arczeneb
11-02-2016, 23:47
vittles
enjoying Az hang

dejoha
11-04-2016, 10:31
Thanks everyone for the good food, good company, and good times. I wish I could have stayed longer, but that's what I get for not following HF very often. Please send me an email next time an Arizona hang is happening so I can make better plans (and bring more hammocks to show and tell!).

~derek

Redfish
11-04-2016, 14:08
Hey Pedro. Thanks for your pics. Too many shots of Daisy :):)

FJRpilot
11-04-2016, 18:54
She's a sweetie.... really enjoyed her being there... (You did too Redfish)...

arczeneb
11-06-2016, 21:11
Hey Pedro. Thanks for your pics. Too many shots of Daisy :):)

Point well taken only one next year if she plans to attend if so I will teach her to take photos of me in the beautiful background forest as backdrop.

Redfish
11-07-2016, 19:22
When you put it that way, more pics of daisy are in order. Maybe figure a way to mount a GoPro on her.

Dusey
11-09-2016, 06:36
https://shop.gopro.com/mounts/fetch-dog-harness/ADOGM-001.html :)

Mogollon Monster
11-21-2016, 18:58
Man, I'm bummed I missed this. I live in Payson and would love to meet some of you guys and gals. Next year for sure. I'm always down for some hang time.

Dusey
11-22-2016, 09:35
Keep an eye out for a spring hang also, sounds like the same group will likely do something then also. ( I know I want to. :)

AZsteelman
11-25-2016, 01:33
Absolutely will be a spring hang!!

Redfish
11-26-2016, 16:42
I'm in favor of where we had last springs hang. What was that, 139G? Certainly plenty of room along with some peace and quiet.

AZsteelman
11-26-2016, 23:33
I'm in favor of where we had last springs hang. What was that, 139G? Certainly plenty of room along with some peace and quiet.

Yep, the perfect spot. Plenty of trees and plenty of space!