PDA

View Full Version : Perseid Meteor Shower

Hoolio
08-11-2016, 15:14
Thinking about hanging under the stars so I don't miss the meteor shower.
Hoping Wyevale, ON is far enough away from light pollution.
Apparently peak time is the 11 and 12th from 3am to dawn.

MrPickl
08-11-2016, 15:19
I'll be out in Hanging Rock State Park tomorrow night. and Hoping for clear skies to enjoy the show

Watertooner
08-08-2018, 12:04
Reviving a two-year-old thread...for one of the zippiest shows on earth. Up to 60-70 meteors per hour while looking into the north sky around 3:00 a.m. on Aug 12 and 13. School (and work) is still recessed so I figure at least one night's outing is a deserved treat. Conditions seem to be ideal in WI with clear skies in the forecast, rare new moon for max darkness, and comfy temps (60-80 deg.). Anyone else have potential Perseid plans?

OneClick
08-08-2018, 12:14
I can probably get motivated to wake up Sunday morning for a bit to catch some. 41% cloud cover forecasted at that time, so maybe not so great.

Flash Grundelore
08-08-2018, 14:19
Playing it "by eye"... my meadow out here in the williwacks is the perfect place if the sky is clear!

Tyroler Holzhacker
08-09-2018, 11:11
Here in the DC metro area, forecast calls for T storms so I am out of luck for the meteor shower viewing. Hopefully one of our members will post some cool pics of the perseid showers.

Caminante
08-09-2018, 12:23
I'll be out in Hanging Rock State Park tomorrow night. and Hoping for clear skies to enjoy the show

Hopefully Hanging Rock SP is clear - I was looking east towards Lake Pettigrew SP (apparently a dark sky site) and it looks like the same weather pattern we've been enjoying for what feels like the entire summer - t-storms. I might just roll out to Lake Jordan which has plenty of light pollution, but is usually good enough for meteor showers.

OlTrailDog
08-09-2018, 15:11
Thanks for the reminder. My place is dark enough to enjoy the show :thumbup1:

But the forest fire haze is overwhelming. :thumbdown: