PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Equipment Supplier 4 Season Tarp

Murt85
08-18-2016, 09:07
Anyone know when the 4 season tarp will be available from OES? Website just says discontinued for the season will return later this fall with an all new design. Been kinda waiting to compare the new design to be available to compare it to the superfly. Kinda narrowed my 2 selections down to either the superfly or the OES 4 season tarp. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks

TrailSlug
08-18-2016, 09:26
You might want to read this thread as it seems the delivery time is highly variable.
https://hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/128059-About-my-tarp-from-OES

You should check out www.simplylightdesigns.com if you want or need a tarp in less than a week.

dkurfiss
08-18-2016, 09:28
Moved this thread into the OES area. My suggestion is to contact him directly for the answer to your question.

SilvrSurfr
08-18-2016, 13:02
You might want to do a little more research on OES and their longstanding customer service issues. They're the only vendor with a sticky warning you about their customer service.

https://hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/60636-Do-Your-Research-Before-Buying-from-OES

michigandave
08-18-2016, 13:16
There's lots of options out there for other cottage vendors who will be glad to supply you with a new tarp in a timely manner.

Murt85
08-18-2016, 14:22
Ya I guess I didn't realize the issues with OES. I guess it's settled then. I'll go with the superfly

jetflyr75
08-18-2016, 18:57
I'm about to dispute my credit card charges tonight. No customer service. I saw there were some decent reviews lately so I chanced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunner76
08-19-2016, 10:50
If you do order from OES, order a tarp that is in stock to increase the chance of getting it. He has never answered any of the emails I have sent him over the years.

The quality of the OES tarp is outstanding ( I have one ).

Carrico
08-19-2016, 12:01
I recently ordered a tarp that was supposed to be in stock, took him over 15 days to ship a tarp that was supposed to ship within three to five days. I ordered a 12-foot Ridgeline ultra model in brown and received a 10-foot standard in black that was also covered with dirt and hair, after trying to contact him for over a month to solve the issue I decided instead to call my credit card company. I have now been waiting on them for a month.so going on two months without a tarp That was supposed to ship within 5 days, so I placed an order for a Super Fly hoping that I'll be able to at least recoup some of the money spent on the OES tarp. The upside being I may possibly get a free standard tarp out of the deal, which I won't feel bad in the least keeping given the headache of trying to do business with this guy.

jetflyr75
08-19-2016, 13:01
If you do order from OES, order a tarp that is in stock to increase the chance of getting it. He has never answered any of the emails I have sent him over the years.

The quality of the OES tarp is outstanding ( I have one ).

I agree the quality is excellent. I just don't appreciate the customer service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flounder
08-19-2016, 13:19
Six to seven years ago, there weren't many vendors making tarps for us hangers. OES at that time was one of only a SMALL handful, and their quality was excellent. Nowadays, there are so many different vendors making tarps, and while there are small variations in design, overall they are pretty much the same and have excellent quality. There just isn't a reason to order from OES any longer.

Junebugdawn
08-19-2016, 13:30
Anyone know when the 4 season tarp will be available from OES? Website just says discontinued for the season will return later this fall with an all new design. Been kinda waiting to compare the new design to be available to compare it to the superfly. Kinda narrowed my 2 selections down to either the superfly or the OES 4 season tarp. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks
I had an OES winter tarp. I liked it except for one thing. The doors have such severe cat cuts that the doors do not completely meeting or overlap leaving a several inch gap. I finally decided to sell it and get a UGQ Winter Dream. The doors have SNAPS so no cold air will be whipping through and I have privacy for changing. Also, the fabrics that UGQ offers are lighterweight. My Winter Dream packs down about 2/3 the size that my OES did.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk