PDA

View Full Version : Trek Light Hammocks

Isaiah52:7
06-12-2007, 17:32
Well- funny to see trek light up here. I am a new hammock owner and bought a trek light due to there response and personal help in another forum.

Pleased with my hammock at the moment. If interested in this product feel free to ask questions.

slowhike
06-12-2007, 17:37
welcome to hammockforums Isaiah. ...tim

angrysparrow
06-12-2007, 17:42
Glad you found a hammock that suits you. Why don't you post some gallery pictures of your hammock, especially the suspension and whipping method used on the ends.

rptinker
06-12-2007, 19:00
Well- funny to see trek light up here. I am a new hammock owner and bought a trek light due to there response and personal help in another forum.

Pleased with my hammock at the moment. If interested in this product feel free to ask questions.

Welcome Isaiah!:)
Its nice to have you here. Can you give us the link to trek light? Im not too familiar with the product. What makes trek light different from other hammocks?

angrysparrow
06-12-2007, 19:03
Can you give us the link to trek light?

http://www.treklightonline.com/

slowhike
06-12-2007, 19:31
http://www.treklightonline.com/

looks a lot like an ENO.

Cannibal
06-12-2007, 19:48
I agree, I would have guessed it was an ENO by the pic.

Bird Dog
06-13-2007, 07:34
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking hammock. BD

Hooch
06-13-2007, 07:58
looks a lot like an ENO.As an ENO user (Hi, I'm Hooch and I'm an ENO user.) I have to agree. It does look a lot like an ENO SingleNest. BTW, welcome to the hanging gang, we're glad to have you here and there's always room for another. Hope you can join us for a group hang, I think the next organized one is the middle of September (http://www.hammockcamping.com/Assets/HotSpringsSep07.htm)or so. Again, welcome aboard! :D

06-14-2007, 14:43
Hey Everyone! Havent check this until today- Excited to see all the responses.

My main use for my hammock thus far has been mid-day naps and study. (I am a college student). I am planning to spend my first all night trip with a hammock TONIGHT. But my location is only locally on campus.

I will take some pictures of my set up although it is amateur in comparison.

Thank you for the link to the camp out! That looks exciting. I might have to make it up for that.

slowhike
06-14-2007, 14:53
local is a good place to test new gear. let us know how it goes. ...tim

Hooch
06-14-2007, 15:03
I am planning to spend my first all night trip with a hammock TONIGHT. But my location is only locally on campus.

I will take some pictures of my set up although it is amateur in comparison.

Hope all goes well for you on your first hammocking overnighter. We'll look forwad to seeing the posted photos. And don't sweat the local hang, it's always the best place to test new gear. If you ask anyone here, they'll tell you they do it with almost every new piece of gear before they go out anywhere with it. You're doing the smart thing. :D This also gives you a chance to fine tune your setup, deciding what you like and don't like, etc. We were all amateurs at this once.

06-14-2007, 15:32
I do need a rainfly- As one did not come provided from trek light and I have yet to put the time in researching and/or ordering. I will check the other threads on this as well. Hopefully it will not rain tonight :)

Hooch
06-14-2007, 15:34
I do need a rainfly- As one did not come provided from trek light and I have yet to put the time in researching and/or ordering. I will check the other threads on this as well. Hopefully it will not rain tonight :)Even if you have to use a $10 tarp from somewhere, it's a good idea to have some kind of coverage unless you're pretty doggone confident in your weatherman. There are all kinds of rain tarps from cheap to expensive you can go with and like you said, more than enough threads discussing that, so I'm not going to even try. :D

Frolicking Dino
06-14-2007, 15:38
Let us know how it goes on the overnight.

BTW, I love your user name. This is Isaiah 52:7:
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

06-14-2007, 16:59
Let us know how it goes on the overnight.

BTW, I love your user name. This is Isaiah 52:7:
How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!"

Thank you Dino. My signature (updated)

I am involved in youth ministry and often work at a camp located in Asheville NC in the mountains. This verse was shared with me when spending a month at the camp and has stuck with me since. My passion for kids to hear some incredible things and see incredible scenery!

I am going to be hanging within a 10 min from my apartment- I plan to set up after I finish this test I am currently working on.

slowhike
06-14-2007, 20:28
Thank you Dino. My signature (updated)

I am involved in youth ministry and often work at a camp located in Asheville NC in the mountains. This verse was shared with me when spending a month at the camp and has stuck with me since. My passion for kids to hear some incredible things and see incredible scenery!

I am going to be hanging within a 10 min from my apartment- I plan to set up after I finish this test I am currently working on.

that's great isaiah. for 9 years i led people hiking, camping, backpacking through a thing called Creation Wanderings.
several of my friends use a hammock now when they go out into the creation to sleep!
if you're going to be that close to home, you can make your way back & change into dry clothes if it does rain on you. let us know how it goes. ...tim

06-17-2007, 17:30
hey everyone-
night in the hammock was great. the bugs were rough- gotta get a bug net. the sun woke me up. Great night.

Just got back from Pawley's Island, South Carolina- famous for their hammocks.

TrekLightGear
06-18-2007, 17:39
Hey everyone -

This is Seth Haber, founder and owner of Trek Light Hammocks. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm a fairly constant reader on the forums and while I wish I had more time to contribute on a regular basis, I'm definitely available to answer any questions about our products you might have.

For those of you that haven't heard of us yet, we're based in Boulder, CO and have been selling our great hammocks to the Colorado market and beyond for the last 4+ years. Thanks to our online sales, our hammocks have been shipped to every state in the U.S. and we've done international sales to a number of other countries throughout the world as well. We've been featured in Sport Diver magazine and other national media and we continue to build a grass roots following without spending money on conventional advertising. We rely mainly on word of mouth from our great customers and fans who are more than happy to tell their friends and family about our hammocks.

There's a lot going on with Trek Light at the moment, we're working hard to develop a number of new products, including both a mosquito net hammock and a rain tarp accessory. Because of the simple nature of a camping hammock, there is a lot of overlap in the market and we're well aware of the similarities between many of the products and companies that are out there today. It's our goal to continue to come up with innovative changes to our product line, which will set us apart from our competition and provide you with a better hammock experience in the end.

We're really excited about the future of hammock camping and I'm happy to watch it grow through a great community like this one. Thanks for providing such a great resource to everyone interested in getting started with hammock camping and thanks for welcoming Trek Light into the community as well.

Seth Haber
Trek Light Hammocks
www.treklightonline.com

Attached is a picture from Vail, CO over this past weekend.

headchange4u
06-18-2007, 17:42
Welcome to the forum Seth. Glad you could join us.:)

Cannibal
06-18-2007, 18:23
Always nice to hear from the people that provide us with so many toys! :)

rptinker
06-18-2007, 19:14
Always nice to hear from the people that provide us with so many toys! :)
Amen to that! Please make more toys!:D

FanaticFringer
06-18-2007, 19:14
Welcome to the hammock mafia. That's a sweet hangin spot.

slowhike
06-18-2007, 19:28
good to hear from you Seth. we appreciate those that are working to inform & facilitate all those poor folk that are still waking up on the ground w/ sore shoulders, hips, & backs<g>.
look forward to learning more about your hammocks! ...tim

FanaticFringer
06-18-2007, 19:40
good to hear from you Seth. we appreciate those that are working to inform & facilitate all those poor folk that are still waking up on the ground w/ sore shoulders, hips, & backs<g>.
look forward to learning more about your hammocks! ...tim

What can brown do for you? I'll tell you what I can do for brown, I told my local UPS driver today about hammock camping and he was very interested.:)

Cannibal
06-18-2007, 19:46
Great, now he's going to tell all his friends. Next thing you know, my stuff isn't going to get delivered in a timely manner because they will all be hangin in the back of their trucks nappin.:)

FanaticFringer
06-18-2007, 20:04
Great, now he's going to tell all his friends. Next thing you know, my stuff isn't going to get delivered in a timely manner because they will all be hangin in the back of their trucks nappin.:)

I did'nt think about that. My bad.:D

06-19-2007, 09:54
Thanks Seth-
You sold me on one posting on a similar forum so maybe that'll help here as well.

TrekLightGear
06-19-2007, 12:22
Thanks for the great welcome everyone and thanks Isaiah for getting the conversation going. As I mentioned earlier, grassroots support is how we've built our business and we couldn't do it without a great community of hammock and outdoor lovers like you all.

I'll be checking this board more frequently and posting as well, but if you ever have a direct question or something I can assist you and you don't see me chiming in on the forum, don't hesitate to contact me directly at the e-mail address below.

Attached is another picture from this past weekend where Brian (co-owner of Trek Light) shows off just how easy it is to setup a Trek Light Hammock wherever your imagination takes you.

NCPatrick
06-19-2007, 12:39
Hmmm... I'm assuming that the lift is not nor will be running, otherwise you might wake up far away from where you went to bed. :eek:

Adventure Sleeping. :D

Welcome to the forums!

peanuts
06-19-2007, 14:54
ok, how high was that ski lift????

Hooch
06-19-2007, 16:11
Seth, welcome aboard. I think you're the first hammock maker that's come out of the woodwork to join us, so glad to have you.

TrekLightGear
06-22-2007, 17:51
@Peanuts and NCPatrick: The lift was only about 6-7 feet off the ground and no, it wasn't moving. We've got a business to run, so we try to keep our crazy antics at least slightly subdued. :)

We were hiking along the front face of Vail and came across the chair that was stopped just in reach and I instantly thought about hanging the hammock from it. We didn't use any rope or webbing straps, just hooked the hammock with our carabiners right into the lift and hopped right in...

FanaticFringer
08-29-2007, 16:44
Just got thru testing out my new Treklight double hammock. This thing is real sweet. Sewn to perfection. Really comfy. I love the silver/charcoal color.
Super fast shipping in 2 days.
I removed the S hooks on each end and replaced them with cinch buckles. Used an ascender wrap on the buckles. Replaced stock rope with Spyderline 5/32 . Works great.

jlb2012
09-30-2007, 17:04
I also have been trying out the Trek Light double - replaced the S hooks with cinch buckles but did not replace the rope - just used what was already there. Today was the day to try the Toys R Us Hammock Bliss bug net - worked well - the best approach I found was use a ridge line between the buckles threaded through the three loops on the bug net and then tie the bug net to the buckles to tighten it up.

One other trick I found today was to run a slack rope under the hammock (bug net not on at this point) - this gave me a place to rest my feet while sitting sideways in the hammock - after a couple adjustments it felt very much like sitting in a recliner - especially nice was no pressure from the edge of the hammock on the back of my leg/knee. My feet (with shoes on) were resting on the rope and the rope settled into a stable position with my legs somewhat bent again rather like the position in a recliner.

FanaticFringer
09-30-2007, 17:10
I also have been trying out the Trek Light double - replaced the S hooks with cinch buckles but did not replace the rope - just used what was already there. Today was the day to try the Toys R Us Hammock Bliss bug net - worked well - the best approach I found was use a ridge line between the buckles threaded through the three loops on the bug net and then tie the bug net to the buckles to tighten it up.

One other trick I found today was to run a slack rope under the hammock (bug net not on at this point) - this gave me a place to rest my feet while sitting sideways in the hammock - after a couple adjustments it felt very much like sitting in a recliner - especially nice was no pressure from the edge of the hammock on the back of my leg/knee. My feet (with shoes on) were resting on the rope and the rope settled into a stable position with my legs somewhat bent again rather like the position in a recliner.

Hammock recliner. Neat idea.