PDA

View Full Version : GIVEAWAY - 10D Ultralight Rain Mitts and more

ripstopbytheroll
09-15-2016, 09:04
We have a new fabric, really a new fabric category, coming out tomorrow. It's a waterproof/breathable fabric, meaning that it's both highly waterproof and breathable due to the special lamination film used in the fabric. You probably know names like GORE-TEX, eVent, HyVent, etc. from their use in high-end rainwear. These are all waterproof/breathable fabrics like the one we'll be unveiling tomorrow.

The difference with ours is that I'm pretty sure it's the lightest ever made available at a finished weight of 1.4 osy. This material will open up all sorts of new creative avenues for UL rain gear projects, which has us very excited :).

To kick things off and celebrate, we teamed up with Luke at Luke's Ultralight to GIVEAWAY the very first pair of rain mittens ever made in the new fabric. Luke does impeccable work and takes serious pride in making sure he's using the best materials and design in his products. Quick details on the mitts:

-> http://woobox.com/httjgj

Weight - ~1.0 oz (pair)
Material - 10 denier 2.5 layer waterproof/breathable (RBTR custom dev)
Hydrostatic Head - >10,000 mm
MVTR - >27,000 g/m2/24 hr
Color - Dark Olive
Seams - Taped and FULLY WATERPROOF

To sweeten the pot, we're also giving away TWO $25 RBTR gift cards for use on your next purchase. To enter, just follow the link below. Good luck to everyone!

-> http://woobox.com/httjgj

Caminante
09-15-2016, 09:46
I'm looking forward to expanding my repertoire into some kind of wearable gear, or maybe a hammock over cover. Got my coupon code from entering the drawing.

Otter1
09-15-2016, 11:33
1oz!!!! Looks fairly durable too. Cool stuff.

GreatBigDave
09-15-2016, 11:44
I think I want a Packa made of this.

ironfish77
09-15-2016, 12:15
I think I want a Packa made of this.
I was just considering this fabric for a parka I need to replace.
I am wondering how this material will hold up in -40 weather. Some of my high tech outerwear has not been dependable.
I guess loss of durability is worth the loss of weight and flexibility.

ripstopbytheroll
09-15-2016, 13:03
I was just considering this fabric for a parka I need to replace.
I am wondering how this material will hold up in -40 weather. Some of my high tech outerwear has not been dependable.
I guess loss of durability is worth the loss of weight and flexibility.

I would not suggest using this variant for something like that. We'll be doing a more durable version later. As with all ultralight gear, there is a tradeoff between durability and weight as you said.

MOWOGO '72
09-15-2016, 13:57
Any idea when these will be available on Luke's site?

ripstopbytheroll
09-15-2016, 14:55
Any idea when these will be available on Luke's site?

Not sure. I know he changed the rain shell already, but looks like the mitts haven't been updated.

bser272
09-15-2016, 15:21
Not on Facebook, oh well.

MOWOGO '72
09-15-2016, 15:32
Not sure. I know he changed the rain shell already, but looks like the mitts haven't been updated.

Thanks Kyle.

Luke,
Don't see you on here much anymore but we're anxiously awaiting your change!

Chemguy
09-29-2016, 09:54
I think that this thread needs to be closed, the offer is no longer available. Alas, all good things must end:sleep:

dkurfiss
03-27-2018, 08:55
closing since the thread is now 3 months old