PDA

View Full Version : Hammock Forums Reorganization.

headchange4u
12-21-2009, 22:41
As you may have already noticed, there has been some changes made to the the way that Hammock Forums is organized. Hopefully these changes will make the forum more streamlined and easier to navigate. Here is a brief list of some of the changes that have been made.

-Homemade Gear Discussion, Documentations and Directions, and Homemade Gear Directions forums have been merged into one DIY forum.

-Weather Protection forum added (tarp and sock discusions moved here)

-Bottom Insulation forum added (under quilt discussion moved here)

-Top Insulation (top quilt discussions moved here)

-Non-Hammock Discussions and Non-Hammock DIY forums merged.

-Articles moved to Site Topics

-Introduce Yourself Forums (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=90) added for new members to say hello when they join HF>

The mods will still be moving and tidying up over the next few days. Please excuse our mess while we renovate:D

pgibson
12-21-2009, 23:10
Looks Good, Hope it helps everyone find info a little easier. :D Very quick switch too good work guys!

JayS
12-21-2009, 23:13
It's looking good, as usual! Thanks to all the moderators for all the work y'all do.

JerryW
12-21-2009, 23:14
Looks good, but...man...I was starting to get the shakes while the forum was down. Gahhh! Can you say "addicted"? :D

Jerry

Just Jeff
12-21-2009, 23:27
Big thanks to angrysparrow and headchange4u - they did all the work tonight. Please post any glitches y'all notice to this thread and we'll get it fixed as we can.

stormcrow
12-21-2009, 23:29
Looks good, but...man...I was starting to get the shakes while the forum was down. Gahhh! Can you say "addicted"? :D

Jerry

Too funny! I was thinking the exact same thing Jerry. I was in the middle of a PM when the plug was pulled. I got through it though!:scared:

Great work Mods. I think the new changes are good ones.

sc

gargoyle
12-21-2009, 23:34
A little forewarning might have been good. I was losing it here, glad the wife calmed me down. Life without the forum...AARRGHHH.

Glad for the changes, keep up the good work!!

Hawk-eye
12-21-2009, 23:36
.... I was in the middle of a PM when the plug was pulled. I got through it though!:scared:
sc

I feel your pain friend ... same exact thing happened to me! Then I got the message to go take a nap in my hammock ... and somehow all seemed right in the world! ;)

SmokeHouse
12-21-2009, 23:41
Great job, keep up the awesome work...

PuckerFactor
12-22-2009, 01:55
Holy crap guys! I go away for the evening, and come back to this! You guys are fast! Great work. :up:

Acer

oldgringo
12-22-2009, 06:02
One of the better threads of late was the one started by Happy Camper on sleeping bags and top quilts...now I can't find it. Can it be revived, please?

Hooch
12-22-2009, 06:15
One of the better threads of late was the one started by Happy Camper on sleeping bags and top quilts...now I can't find it. Can it be revived, please?It's still all present and accounted (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12767) for over in the Non-Hammock Gear and DIY forum.

oldgringo
12-22-2009, 06:20
It's still all present and accounted (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12767) for over in the Non-Hammock Gear and DIY forum.

Ah, so it is. Thankee!:)

pegleg56
12-22-2009, 06:56
Always appreciative of the work you moderators do. The unsung heros of HF. Keep up the good work.

slowhike
12-22-2009, 07:05
Just to be sure credit goes were credit is due. The other mods & administrators are the computer techs. I'm just the outdated, old timer, pokin around in the back ground, doing little odd jobs occasionally:)

Hooch
12-22-2009, 07:11
Kudos to the Mod Squad once again. You guys keep this the best forum on the internet. Thanks again for all you do. :thumbup:

Crash
12-22-2009, 07:45
Looks good, but...man...I was starting to get the shakes while the forum was down. Gahhh! Can you say "addicted"? :D Jerry

its almost 8am on a tuesday morning and there's already 83 people hanging on this forum. Hammocks are so addictive. :lol:

Luckily the Mods are so good at managing our addiction to keep it under control.
THANK YOU MODS!

Captn
12-22-2009, 07:51
At last ... the forum is back ...

Now that nasty Eye tick is starting to fade away.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

By any chance, does HF come in an injectable form?

Splinter
12-22-2009, 08:23
...By any chance, does HF come in an injectable form?

Can you imagine if we could bottle this stuff in an aerosol form? Hammockers might take over the world:cool:

In all seriousness, a great big thanks to the mods for their hard work.:thumbup::thumbup:

VegaMike
12-22-2009, 08:38
Kudos to the Mod Squad once again.Hehe, Mod Squad, I like that, Hooch. :D

Balancing fine-grained granularity (too many forums, creating topic fragmentation) and coarse-grained granularity (too few forums, creating topic overload) is tough. Thank you for all the hard work.

NCPatrick
12-22-2009, 08:50
I don't believe it!
There she goes again!
She's tidied up and I can't find anything
All my tubes and wires
And careful notes
And antiquated notions

:laugh:

patriothomer
12-22-2009, 09:23
NC - great Thomas Dolby reference!

Mod Squad - great job as usual!

deadeye
12-22-2009, 09:54
Thanks for all the work. How about a new forum someday... Suspension Mods & Knots?

Just Jeff
12-22-2009, 10:13
This one is for suspension systems, ridgelines and bug nets. Post your mods there! :jj;
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Bug-Bait
12-22-2009, 10:21
You moderators are the best!! Thanks for all the work that you do!!

Happy holidays to all.

Rain Man
12-22-2009, 10:28
Thanks to the Moderators, our unsung heroes, for all the behind-the-scenes hard work!

Rain Man

sclittlefield
12-22-2009, 15:47
This one is for suspension systems, ridgelines and bug nets. Post your mods there! :jj;

Excellent work guys. It took me a few seconds to register the change... my clicking rotation schedule is going to have to be completely retrained.. thanks a lot! :p

I do have one thought, and take this with a monstrous grain of salt.. more of an entire salt lick... - any thoughts on separating bug nets from suspension and ridgelines? I know it's kind of an underused subforum, but in my mind its kind of a "one of these things is not like the others..." listing.

On the other hand... don't want to clutter things up with too many subforums.

I really do like the changes! Just want to be clear there. I can't believe how quickly it was done.

deadeye
12-22-2009, 15:59

Apparently I need new eyeballs. Or a cure for ADHD.

Thanks!

Just Jeff
12-22-2009, 18:39
Valid point. The thought on including suspension, ridgelines and bugnets is that they deal with the shelter piece itself...similar to a tent. So the four were basically "Hammock, Top Insulation, Bottom Insulation, Weather Protection" - except the hammock is kinda covered in the General Hammock Discussion. Maybe we could find a better name for the forum, then just describe it as including the pieces integral to the hammock itself. Suggestions?

Perkolady
12-22-2009, 22:27
Thanks to everyone for all your hard work on this!! :)

HappyCamper
12-23-2009, 12:07
The reorg is great! Thanks so much. :thumbup: