PDA

View Full Version : Do Dutch Clips really exist?

laherb
12-22-2009, 22:32
Can't find them anywhere. I've been trying to find a place to purchase dutch clips. I saw that the HF store was carrying them, but i figured i would wait to purchase them. Now i'm kicking myself in the face for not getting them. Would any of yous know where they may linger?

angrysparrow
12-22-2009, 22:34
The only place they are sold is the HF store, and we're out of stock just now. I don't think there will be a restock until sometime after New Years, depending.

laherb
12-22-2009, 22:43
Thanks, i guess i'll stick with biners for the moment.

Tedinski
12-22-2009, 22:45
What, pray tell, are "Dutch Clips"?

I looked in the store...

G.L.P.
12-22-2009, 22:48
What, pray tell, are "Dutch Clips"?

I looked in the store...

Only the best clips you can get :D

trust me worth the wait...

Tedinski
12-22-2009, 22:50
I can think of about a million different kinds of clips... from paper, to fingernail.

anybody have a picture?

angrysparrow
12-22-2009, 22:52
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/headchange4u/Hammock/HFStore002.jpg
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/headchange4u/Hammock/HFStore002.jpg)

Tedinski
12-22-2009, 22:56
Neat looking thingamabopper!
How would one use such a device?? I take it the little "hooks" on the end grab rope somehow... what size are they?

angrysparrow
12-22-2009, 22:58
ecAnqu8sWms

chickenwing
12-22-2009, 22:59
what is the weight rating for these? I found 1" brass 'O' rings for $0.99 each that I am using on my daughters' hammock that are rated at 500#. Also, would the 500# be acceptable to hold me at 230# if I am using the O ring in place of the Dutch clip?

Tedinski
12-22-2009, 23:02
Oh!

A picture's worth a thousand words... how many frames were in that vid? :D

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing them back in stock, too!

JayS
12-22-2009, 23:06
Dutch clips are great! I use them and they just... work. As advertised, nothing extra, little setup, consistent, easy and reliable.

How do they work? You use them with 1" webbing on the suspension at the tree to replace a carabiner. Take the loop in the end of the webbing (make one if you don't have a loop) and slip it in one side of the Dutch Clip. A couple of stitches will make sure the DC stays on the loop if you want to leave it on all the time (I do). Wrap the webbing around a tree and insert it into the DC. The part that curves back over keeps the webbing from sliding out. Can be used "pointing" up or down. Weigh less than an ounce for a pair. They really work well and are elegantly simplistic.

Shug
12-23-2009, 00:01
You gotta get Dutch clips and then camp with Dutch. He is one of us in a big way....
Just a terrific piece of gear ... and unusual.
Shug

ricegravy
12-23-2009, 00:10
http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/3/3/0/backyard_camping_016.jpg

G.L.P.
12-23-2009, 00:17
I wish i had a pic of mine in action...

you can't go wrong with dutch clips...just get a set and you will see

CapitalBill
12-23-2009, 00:32
Yes, Virginia, there are Dutch Clips. They exist as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Dutch Clips. It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. :)

tlbj6142
12-23-2009, 07:22
Dutch clips are great! I use them and they just... work. As advertised, nothing extra, little setup, consistent, easy and reliable.Why not just feed the free end of the webbing strap through a sewn in loop at the at the other end (girth hitch)? What does a Dutch Clip provide that can't be accomplished with that setup?

Mrprez
12-23-2009, 08:08
Love the Westfalia tree!

soundmanob
12-23-2009, 08:11
Sounds like you would like Whoopie slings if you like threading things...

Dutch Clips are one of many examples of the creative and innovative ideas on HF by its members. Proud to own two sets from the "Group Buy" HF had.
Got them on both suspensions of my hammocks (Claytor and WBBB).
Nothing wrong with carabiners though (Bigger and usually heavier) and I have those for "Dual Use" back-up

Wish someone would come up with larger, stronger triangle cinch buckle than the one that came on my BB. How 'bout it Dutch?

Dutch
12-23-2009, 08:13
Yes, Virginia, there are Dutch Clips. They exist as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist, and you know that they abound and give to your life its highest beauty and joy. Alas! how dreary would be the world if there were no Dutch Clips. It would be as dreary as if there were no Virginias. :)

So if I read this right, if Dutch clips didn't exist ther would be no love and generosity and devotion. I think maybe the Grinch stole all the Dutch clips so there would be no joy this Christmas.

Why not just feed the free end of the webbing strap through a sewn in loop at the at the other end (girth hitch)? What does a Dutch Clip provide that can't be accomplished with that setup?

The purpose of the Dutch clip is so you don't have to take your webbing out of the suspension device. Such as a cinch buckle, rings, or tri rings. You could forgo them and do as you said. Many people were using biners to do what the DC does, but they are about 2x as heavy. It is a convienence and like anything there are trade offs.

Dutch
12-23-2009, 08:25
Wish someone would come up with larger, stronger triangle cinch buckle than the one that came on my BB. How 'bout it Dutch?

I don't know what WBG's cinch buckle is rated for but I can't imaging anyone being too heavy for onropes version.

I would love to show you all the stuff in my bag of tricks. But I'm not here to sell stuff. I seem to be here to buy stuff as it turns out. 2Q and I provide Dutch clips as a service to HF members and to help contibute and fund the forum. Our way of giving back. HC4U hasn't talked about restocking the DC, but I think we will work on that after the New Year. I honestly nver thought we would sell near as many as we did. I originally got quoted for 50 and 100 pieces and I think we have sold more then 700. I never knew there were so many out there with webbing based suspension. I keep wondering when will the well run dry, but they seem to sell at about a rate of one per day when they are up on the site.

oldgringo
12-23-2009, 08:33
Why not just feed the free end of the webbing strap through a sewn in loop at the at the other end (girth hitch)? What does a Dutch Clip provide that can't be accomplished with that setup?

There has been some discussion here about damage to webbing where it rubs on itself...it's a matter of friction/heat. How much degradation to the strength of the webbing results from this is unclear, but it can't be a good thing.

Mrprez
12-23-2009, 08:51
You also have to remove the strap from your hammock to do that way. Major PITA.

tlbj6142
12-23-2009, 08:56
The purpose of the Dutch clip is so you don't have to take your webbing out of the suspension device.OK, that makes sense. But if you are using toggles to attach your straps to your suspension, that's a non-issue, right?

Perkolady
12-23-2009, 08:57
HC4U hasn't talked about restocking the DC, but I think we will work on that after the New Year.

Oh thank goodness! I'm going to need a couple sets... I have hammocks to make! :D

I mostly use webbing suspension, but even with a marlinspike setup, the DC's can come in handy!

Captn
12-23-2009, 09:17
I love me some Dutch clips ...

They represent all that is right and good in the world ...

Perhaps they should be called Christmas Clips?

Groovy.

Doctari
12-23-2009, 09:28

As said above, you can do that but the clips are much quicker. And after the 7th night of rain in a row, on a hike, threading the webbing at each end AND then through whatever attaches it to your hammock gets very old. I still use biners mostly cause I haven't gotten he Dutch Clips yet. Set up time for my hammock as you describe is about 4.5 minutes, with the biners or Dutch Clips, literally 30 seconds if I take my time. If I hurry it still takes 4 - 5 minutes :lol:
On a dry day, when I'm not tired, the difference of 4 minutes isn't a big deal, when I'm cold, tired & wet, that 4 minutes is A BIG DEAL! YMMV.
As an added benefit, the Dutch Clips are about 1/2 the size of my current biners (in addition to being lighter) so will take up less room in my pack. Enough space for 1/2 a candy bar at least. :D

Cannibal
12-23-2009, 10:25
I've only got two sets of Dutch Clips and I'm kicking myself for not ordering more during the last restock. They are very nice to use and I've become a bit of a fan. You know it's a good thing when the demand far outpaces the supply. Course, that just makes me want them even more!

NCPatrick
12-23-2009, 10:32
I sure wish there were different colored Dutch clips. Mine are just plain silver... ;)

canoeski
12-23-2009, 13:35
I got a set a few weeks ago just to see what all the hullabaloo was about.

I haven't yet tried them out in the field, but my indoor "tests" are impressive.
I wish I had a second set now.

Dutch seemed surprised that "so many people are using web-based suspensions", but I'm not sure that accounts for all sales. Everybody is probably (or probably should be) using "tree saver/tree hugger" straps. That is where the Dutch clips are genius! I only wish that they came in a size for 1 1/2 inch wide webbing.:huh:

Make more, I'm ready.

(and many thanks to Dutch! Before this thread I thought they were called that because they look like feet with wooden shoes on them.:unsure:)

~bill.

Doctari
12-23-2009, 15:26
I sure wish there were different colored Dutch clips. Mine are just plain silver... ;)

Two words: Spray Paint :lol:

opie
12-23-2009, 16:45
Two words: Spray Paint :lol:

Two more words...

Powder Coat

2Questions
12-23-2009, 17:02
If I could have found a source.....that was cheap....I was thinking of anodizing them. Turned out to be too expensive for our quantity.

NCPatrick
12-23-2009, 17:15
Is powder coat a process available to the masses? How does it work? Thanks.

2Questions
12-23-2009, 17:33
Actually there is a local powder coater I know of. I'll have to check that out. Would powder coating hold up? I bet it would. I had my hammock stand blasted and powder coated several years ago and it still looks great, and it is outside year round.

opie
12-23-2009, 17:40

I know Sears sells (or used to) a DIY kit... I have no experience with it...

http://www.amazon.com/Craftsman-17288-Powder-Coating-System/dp/B001TEW8SS

I did find this...

http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/653026

opie
12-23-2009, 17:45
Actually there is a local powder coater I know of. I'll have to check that out. Would powder coating hold up? I bet it would. I had my hammock stand blasted and powder coated several years ago and it still looks great, and it is outside year round.

I think it would hold up better than paint.

The downside is if the powder coat chips... you need (or dont, I guess) to have it re-powder coated. With paint... just touch it up.

Ive had very good luck with the Rustoleum spray enamels that you can pick up at Lowes and HD. Ive got a trailer I built several years ago that I rattle canned with it, and have used the trailer ALOT, that is holding up perfectly.

sir_n0thing
12-23-2009, 18:27

My answer to this would be... Because the Dutch Clips are cool-nifty-neat-o and you can never have too much variety of gear to play with! :D

tlbj6142
12-23-2009, 18:50
My answer to this would be... Because the Dutch Clips are cool-nifty-neat-o and you can never have too much variety of gear to play with! :DI'm beginning to think that is the case for several items often touted on this board...

Rain Man
12-23-2009, 18:52

RIGHT! So are mine. Obviously, they need to be offered in at least ... say ... Blaze Orange ... and Camo?!!! tee hee

Rain Man

gargoyle
12-23-2009, 18:55
Good vid (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=18074063) should answer the powder coat question.

Dutch
12-23-2009, 19:19
I love the idea of colors and anodizing and engraving and team logos.... But what I like more is low cost and simplicity. The more steps you put into a process the more difficult and costly it becomes. They are pretty all shiney and silver. It doesn't chip, fade, add weight, or cost more. I know that it would be nice to be able to identify the head end, but there are other ways of doing that such as different color webbing or stitches. I have a different color cordlock on my BB. And if you want them to be a certain color, I bet most of you have spraypaint in your garage. I know Fin did a simple powder coating used for fishing lures and it turned out nice but the color was very bright:shades:.

Garden hammock
12-24-2009, 00:29
Oh my god.. Thanks @angrysparrow for the video and the images on the first page. You have single handedly convinced me to scour the 'net for some for my own garden hammock (http://garden-hammock.net/)

bonsaihiker
12-24-2009, 10:20
Oh my god.. Thanks @angrysparrow for the video and the images on the first page. You have single handedly convinced me to scour the 'net for some for my own garden hammock (http://garden-hammock.net/)

:)

You won't find them anywhere but here...they are made by HF members. ;)

Jodster
12-24-2009, 10:57
LOVE THEM!!!

Bought 2 sets for my son and I. When I have to set up 2 hammocks in weather ..... those 30 seconds are priceless.

Did I mention that I LOVE THEM?

Thinking that I might buy more for some fellow hangers that aren't yet members here.

Just Jeff
12-24-2009, 20:18
Got my first field test last night...I'm gonna stitch them on when we get into the new house. I'm sold.

PA Pathfinder
12-28-2009, 03:15

Me being the car guy I am I sat here thinking:scared::scared: and remembered that a company called Eastwood Automotive sells a DIY powder coating system all you need is some time and someone with and old oven cause im sure wives and girlfriends would be rather upset with yall baking your dutch clips for 2 hrs at 350 :lol::lol: http://www.eastwood.com/hotcoat-powder-coating.html

Also for those who want an anodized look on the cheap and DIY friendly http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html and DupliColor is a great product I use alot of them on my truck so far LOL and they are readily available at a near by walmart or autostore

Dutch
12-28-2009, 08:17
[QUOTE=
Also for those who want an anodized look on the cheap and DIY friendly http://www.duplicolor.com/products/metalcast.html and DupliColor is a great product I use alot of them on my truck so far LOL and they are readily available at a near by walmart or autostore[/QUOTE]

I think I'm going to have to pick some of that up and try it out, thanks.

oldgringo
12-28-2009, 12:26
Dutch Clips are like SMC rings...spare, simple, and elegant. I can't imagine going pimp.

But that's just one olde pharte's opinion.;)

ref103
12-28-2009, 12:34
are the dutch clips aluminum? give me dimensions and i'll have a bunch made. i'm a machinist and i run a wire edm machine. basically it uses a thin brass wire that runs electricity through it and cuts out nearly any shape of nearly any material. if someone sends me one to scan i'll make the exact same thing.

Barefoot Child
12-28-2009, 13:01
Can you say "pimp" in Oklahoma? :laugh:
And isn't "pharte" the French way of spelling that word.
Oh...by the way I second the Okie's comment on the whole thing.....pure simplicity.

NCPatrick
12-28-2009, 13:19
Dutch Clips are like SMC rings...spare, simple, and elegant. I can't imagine going pimp.

But that's just one olde pharte's opinion.;)
So you would powder coat yours back to silver. The UNpimp pimp. The alternative's alternative.:laugh:

angrysparrow
12-28-2009, 13:34
are the dutch clips aluminum? give me dimensions and i'll have a bunch made. i'm a machinist and i run a wire edm machine. basically it uses a thin brass wire that runs electricity through it and cuts out nearly any shape of nearly any material. if someone sends me one to scan i'll make the exact same thing.

Actually, they were invented by one of the members here, and are sold through the HF store only. Copying them for sale would be bad form.

Hawk-eye
12-28-2009, 13:36
Actually, they were invented by one of the members here, and are sold through the HF store only. Copying them for sale would be bad form.

Yeah ... I agree ... not a good thing to do.

oldgringo
12-28-2009, 13:38
Benefit of the doubt department: he didn't say anything about selling them.

Cannibal
12-28-2009, 13:48
Benefit of the doubt department: he didn't say anything about selling them.
Agreed. With the demand what it is, it might be nice to have another supplier.
If, OTH, it is for independent resale, then I completely agree with the bad form statement.

ref103
12-28-2009, 14:22
i didn't mean to sell. i also don't want to step on anyone's feet. i can't mass produce them but they look to be about 10mm thick so i could make maybe 30 over the next month. i made a bunch of nite ize tarp tensioner copies already.

Hawk-eye
12-28-2009, 14:46
... that's OK to me!

By the way that's a really cool piece of equipment you have or have access to. If I was weathy I'd have one of those ... a backhoe ... a bobcat ... a bunch of mountain land .... errr ... what was I talking about? :rolleyes:

headchange4u
12-28-2009, 14:49
I've contacted the appropriate people to get things going on the next batch of DC. :D

I'm doubling my order this time so hopefully I will have an ample supply when I restock them. I will make an announcement as soon as they are available again.

IndyDan
12-28-2009, 14:54
If interested in stamping the clips ... I have a 200 or 400 ton press. But a die would probably cost at least $3,000 ...

ref103
12-28-2009, 14:56
cool deal on the orders, i'm sure they be vouched for fast. as i said i'm not trying to step on anyone's toes. yeah the machine is pretty cool. i'm kind of getting tired of running them though, but between the wire machine, milling, grinding, and our other saws and such in my spare time i've made some cool stuff. i want to make a full tang fixed blade knife out of either D2 or S30V steel we have.

angrysparrow
12-28-2009, 15:03
as i said i'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.

No worries. Dutch is all about copying stuff in DIY fashion. I just thought I'd mention that if it were for sale, he should get to make the decision.

Hawk-eye
12-28-2009, 15:07
.... i've made some cool stuff. i want to make a full tang fixed blade knife out of either D2 or S30V steel we have.

Now that's something that a lot of the guys here would like to see. There's a string on Sharp, Pointy Objects (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7451) that'd be a good place to show it when you make it!. ;)

richtorfla
12-28-2009, 15:20
"I've contacted the appropriate people to get things going on the next batch of DC.

I'm doubling my order this time so hopefully I will have an ample supply when I restock them. I will make an announcement as soon as they are available again."

Thanks HC4U!

I've been waiting for another batch to be made so I can get me a couple of sets of these. Great idea to make things simple.Can't wait for the word when you have some in.

Cannibal
12-28-2009, 15:57
I've contacted the appropriate people to get things going on the next batch of DC. :D

I'm doubling my order this time so hopefully I will have an ample supply when I restock them. I will make an announcement as soon as they are available again.
TEASE!!!!!! :D

Hawk-eye
12-28-2009, 16:00
TEASE!!!!!! :D

I heard a rumor that Cannibal has a stash of DC's buried in his back yard guarded by two carrot eating pit-donkies! :scared:

Cannibal
12-28-2009, 16:07
I heard a rumor that Cannibal has a stash of DC's buried in his back yard guarded by two carrot eating pit-donkies! :scared:
If you call 4 a stash, then yeah. But, the donkeys eat anything! I ain't trustin them to guard nothin. :D

Hawk-eye
12-28-2009, 16:09
If you call 4 a stash, then yeah. But, the donkeys eat anything! I ain't trustin them to guard nothin. :D

Well I didn't say it was a good rumor ... ;) I mean it is Monday!

Perkolady
12-28-2009, 16:44

Hooray!!!!! I'm gonna want 2 sets! :)

Thanks, HC for letting us know!

2Questions
12-28-2009, 17:17
I'll contact my "water jet cutter" guy tonight!!

Perkolady
12-28-2009, 17:27
I'll contact my "water jet cutter" guy tonight!!

Thanks a bunch, 2Q !!

With so many folks converting to hammocking, I'm sure there's gonna be a want for lots to be available.

Then, there are also folks that have more than one hammock, who want to have their suspension systems for each one ready to go. Not that there could possibly be too many hammock addicts on HF :rolleyes:;):D:lol:

Dutch
12-28-2009, 18:26
I'm just waiting for the kids to catch on to the cool and hip Dutch clip. Maybe start stretching out their earlobe with them or just wearing them through their lip.

Barefoot Child
12-30-2009, 14:43
I'm okay with yung'uns a'makin themselves perty....but if I see just one pit-donkey with a dutch clip in a body pearcing hole, I'll jest hafta have a right- proper fit right there, in front of everbody. :laugh:

Cannibal
12-30-2009, 15:09
I'm okay with yung'uns a'makin themselves perty....but if I see just one pit-donkey with a dutch clip in a body pearcing hole, I'll jest hafta have a right- proper fit right there, in front of everbody. :laugh:
Well that seals the deal for me. I'm going to schedule a donkey-piercing appointment for Spike the wonder doneky. A Dutch Clip would be much more stylish than a bull ring. :lol:

Barefoot Child
12-30-2009, 17:42
Well..there you go Dutch, it seems that the DC has caught on with the young donkey clan in Colerrader and now some poop skooping cowboy is gonna schedule an appointment fer his donkey Spike to get a body piercing! :lol::lol:
It seems that Spike is gonna git a late Christmas gift (or maybe I should say an early one). If his buddy Arlo gets the same nose piercing and the cowboy can teach them both to stand real still for a long period of time then he will be able hang his hammock from them...and not have to look fer trees anymore. Think of the time that will be saved with instant on-demand hammock and tarp adjustments. That would really be cool when they hike on the plains like all of the other flat-landers do. And don't ferget about the pit-donkeys standing guard fer bears while the cowboy sleeps. I wonder...if they make a good cup of java?
Oh...the things you will see when donkeys start getting ASSessorized :lol::lol:

Cannibal
12-30-2009, 17:53
the cowboy can teach them both to stand real still for a long period of time then he will be able hang his hammock from them...and not have to look fer trees anymore.
Oh don't think for an instant I haven't thought about hammock training the boys. :woot: Problem is, I know them too well. They'd wait till they heard snoring, then they'd pull their heads back in unison very fast and see how high they can make me fly. They're crafty, I tell you what. :D

Barefoot Child
12-30-2009, 18:13
I can just see it now...two donkeys sporting Dutch clips in there snoz's...looking up and taking bets on where the cowboy that they just launched is a gonna set down to earth. :laugh: Of course...with any luck he will land in the nearest cactus patch.:lol:
You have to be real smart to do a good job of being evil and funny at the same time.:sneaky:

gunner76
01-01-2010, 13:17
So how to I get on the list to order a couple of sets of DC's ?

Shug
01-01-2010, 13:26
My Dutch Clips make fine earrings .... I was the envy of the Ball last night.
Spangly Shug

oldgringo
01-01-2010, 13:38
My Dutch Clips make fine earrings .... I was the envy of the Ball last night.
Spangly Shug

Just wait 'till I get my HF wiregate mini-biners!

You'll have to share the spotlight!:D

Shug
01-01-2010, 13:40
Just wait 'till I get my HF wiregate mini-biners!

You'll have to share the spotlight!:D
Oh .... I wear those as rings. Stunning.

Cannibal
01-01-2010, 14:21
So how to I get on the list to order a couple of sets of DC's ?
Just visit the forum daily and wait to see a thread announcing them. I hear rumor there will be another batch for sale in the not too distant future. DO NOT HESITATE when you see them. Go pawn your TV, stereo, car, whatever it takes and order them quickly. They're first come and they don't last too long.

It's the mods' way of keeping us addicted to the forum. :D

Cannibal
01-01-2010, 14:22
Oh yeah, and Welcome to the Forum gunner76!

sandykayak
01-07-2010, 17:58
I just asked for info about the Dutch Clips on another thread and then found this.

I love my Byer's of Maine Micro-ropes - so easy to use and to adjust. Lightweight and not bulky, but I also suffer from tree-hugger guilt so I'm working my way to switching to straps.

I ordered a pair of DCs (there were only a few pairs left) but haven't done anything with them yet - holidays and all that. I now understand how the clips are used at the tree end, but how do you adjust the hammock end?

hmmm...I guess that's why someone said DCs AND cinch glides (OK, what are cinch glides and where do I get some? Did I read from JRB?) Micro-ropes are sooo easy.

http://www.brandsplace.com/0304-a4015.html?utm_source=0304-a4015&utm_medium=shopping%2Bengine&utm_campaign=froogle

I'm wondering if the fella who offered to make Dutch Clips could toy around with a toggle similar to the one in the micro-rope (see link above) and make something that the web go thread through. I adjust the rope length by loosening the rope and pulling it through.

I have two sets, so if anyone would like to look at them closely I'd be willing to lend one to you.

sandy in miami

Dutch
01-07-2010, 18:57
Cinch buckles can be purchased here. (http://www.onrope1.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=118&parent=4) However you cauld till use your current system by tying the rope to one end of your hugger.

pgibson
01-07-2010, 20:07
cinch glides (OK, what are cinch glides and where do I get some? Did I read from JRB?) Micro-ropes are sooo easy.

I think you have 2 product that sort of get the same job done all wrapped up in one.

There are Cinch Buckles

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=131503881&size=large

Like this or the ones Dutch linked to, that compress the slider on the webbing with your own weight as you hang in the hammock. The ones Dutch linked to are popular, made of steel and need several raps of the cord from the hammock to keep them strait in line with the webbing. Like this:
http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/4/0/4/cc-buckle_closeup-bottom.jpg (Swiped from AS's Gallery for visual)

I sell the first ones at AHE

And there are Tri Glides: They are available from Jacks are better and look like this:
http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Tri-glide%20to%20Tree%20with%20Inset%20-%20Web%20Small.jpg(from JRB site)
They work with you sliding the end of the webbing through the plate and then back, like threading a belt.

Cinch buckles are probably slightly faster to use but have a bit more bulk than Tri glides--either are great for webbing based suspensions

Counselor
01-07-2010, 21:35
I bought 4 cinch buckles from PGibson at AHE - they are super light - and look awesome.

Dutch
01-07-2010, 22:11
I think you have 2 product that sort of get the same job done all wrapped up in one.

There are Cinch Buckles

http://thumbs.freewebs.com/Members/viewThumb.jsp?fileID=131503881&size=large

Like this or the ones Dutch linked to, that compress the slider on the webbing with your own weight as you hang in the hammock. The ones Dutch linked to are popular, made of steel and need several raps of the cord from the hammock to keep them strait in line with the webbing. Like this:
http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/4/0/4/cc-buckle_closeup-bottom.jpg (Swiped from AS's Gallery for visual)

I sell the first ones at AHE

And there are Tri Glides: They are available from Jacks are better and look like this:
http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Tri-glide%20to%20Tree%20with%20Inset%20-%20Web%20Small.jpg(from JRB site)
They work with you sliding the end of the webbing through the plate and then back, like threading a belt.

Cinch buckles are probably slightly faster to use but have a bit more bulk than Tri glides--either are great for webbing based suspensions

Hey Paul I didn't know you were selling them. They look great, how do they compare on weight?

pgibson
01-08-2010, 11:01
Hey Paul I didn't know you were selling them. They look great, how do they compare on weight?

OldGingo told me that they weighed out within 1 gram of the steel onrope ones, But that they are bigger. I like them a lot though as they are very well finished, nice smooth edges everywhere so there is nothing that could rub on the lines. And the triangular eye makes them easy to attache without all the extra prussic loops. Just girth hitch them on and your set.

Cogneato
01-08-2010, 11:24
Sounds like you would like Whoopie slings if you like threading things...

Dutch Clips are one of many examples of the creative and innovative ideas on HF by its members. Proud to own two sets from the "Group Buy" HF had.
Got them on both suspensions of my hammocks (Claytor and WBBB).
Nothing wrong with carabiners though (Bigger and usually heavier) and I have those for "Dual Use" back-up

See, my question was, what do Dutch Clips provide that you can't get with biners? Maybe just weight difference? I bought a pair of Black Diamond biners for my BB and it's just a quick setup, I didn't think it could get any faster. They're light in weight and easy to use.

The clips look nice, I just don't see the benefit from switching to them from the biners I already use.

My BB also came with lock-type cinch buckles. I don't even need to tie a safety knot, and it won't move at all. Easy to adjust to. Maybe one of you elite on here can convince me that DC's are better. I feel as if I might lose them out in the field if I'm not careful.

angrysparrow
01-08-2010, 11:36
Maybe just weight difference?

Yes, that's the primary benefit. The lightest of climbing rated biners are heavier than the clips, but not overly so.

Many of us like them because there is a small weight savings, and because they were invented by one of our own members.

I feel as if I might lose them out in the field if I'm not careful.

That's very easy to prevent with a light hand stitch on your webbing, to snug it up to the clip.

canoebie
01-08-2010, 11:38
So much of this stuff is fickle and a personal preference. I have incorporated a pair of DC into my setup and I sewed the loop shut so they are on my strap permanently, no worries about losing them. Because there is no mechnical element, ie gates, etc. and they are incredibly light, there is some advantage to them.

Now, is it going to make biners obsolete, or is it going to require you to get them so you can hang? Absolutely not. Just like whoopies, underquilts, on and on the list goes, we all have different levels of needs, wants, preferences, etc. Most importantly is that we get out and about.

I like my dutch clips, I still use biners in other areas, I still use cinch buckles, and I am looking forward to exploring new ways of doing things, like whoopie slings. They may or may not be "better" , yet the fun is in the exploration of new ways, the notion of not doing something just because it is what we are familiar with. So, don't require too much qualification to try something new. We all have different things that excite us at different levels. Some things here that seem to have proof positive as being "better" I have not done for a whole lot of reasons, and others that are viewed as being less than optimal I have thoroughly enjoyed.

Just my $.02.

Hawk-eye
01-08-2010, 11:40
.... Maybe one of you elite on here can convince me that DC's are better. I feel as if I might lose them out in the field if I'm not careful.

Elite ... ha .. nobody is elite here ... well maybe Cannibal's boy Spike ;)

Dutch clips are very light and quick to hook up ... even faster than a biner. They're secure and compact ... I love them and quit using my nano's when I got my first set. You won't loose them if you just do a quick hand stitch in the loop after you place it ... won't go anywhere.

But nobody will think less of you if you stick with the biners ... seriously.

I just like the compact simplicity of them.

One non-elite opinion :rolleyes:

oldgringo
01-08-2010, 11:42
No elitists here, just cool kids.:D

Hawk-eye
01-08-2010, 11:46
No elitists here, just cool kids.:D

And a few old geesers! :rolleyes:

hmmm ... maybe I should change my avatar to "Gorge Geeser"

Cannibal
01-08-2010, 12:10
Elite ... ha .. nobody is elite here ... well maybe Cannibal's boy Spike ;)
Darn tootin! :D

For me, the Dutch Clips are just another option out there for me to use for playtime. I resisted them for a long time because of some stubborn genes that I inherited. I also fought the Whoopie trend for far too long mostly because I don't like tree huggers very much. I tend to be forgetful, which is why I walk around camp after I'm packed for about 5 minutes. I can count on one hand the number of times I haven't had to open my pack back up and put something away that I forgot and tree huggers would likely be near the top of that list.

However, I've come to really like Dutch Clips and even <gulp> my WhoOpies (actually really like those). Biners and rings are still my standard, but grams matter on long hikes; even just a couple because they add up so quickly to ounces. Ounces, of course, lead to pounds and I have no intention of giving up my Snickers bars! :glare:

Order a set and play with them, that's the only way you'll know if they work for you. Just because they're 'cool' or 'popular' doesn't mean anything for the individual. For instance, I really dislike the buckle set-ups and loathe the tri-glides and both were/are fairly popular. No good reason, just don't care for them. But, I tried them before I developed an opinion. Hammocking is all about opinions which is probably one of the big reasons I love it as much as I do. The options are massive and abundant; life in a hammock is a gooooooooood life. :cool:

KerMegan
01-08-2010, 12:21
and if they are not your cup of tea, there is always the Marketplace forum to sell them to someone else!

angrysparrow
01-08-2010, 12:29
A little birdie told me that there might be a few sets of Dutch Clips in the gear raffle at the Mt Rogers hangout.

Cogneato
01-08-2010, 13:30
Yea I'll probably try them out. I can only get them here right? Or can you get Dutch Clips at camping and hiking stores? How much do they run?

Cannibal
01-08-2010, 13:38
They're pretty inexpensive; can't remember the actual cost right now, but still less than a quality pair of biners.
And yes, they are a Hammock Forums exclusive. At least until Dutch goes big time. :D

Dutch
01-08-2010, 16:51
For me, I hated having a big piece of metal on the end of my suspension when I was doing so may other things to try and save weight. That after I already committed to carrying webbing instead of rope and cinch buckles instead of knots. The only thing a biner gave me was that I didn't have to take my webbing out of my cinch buckles. That was about 1/8 of a pound to save a minute of set up time. So the DC made the tradeoff of convinence vs weight a better ratio. It also has a very cool name, it just flows. Also unless you get a good deal the DC are lower in cost. And if it matters to you, most of the biners I seen are made overseas. Plus 100% of the profits of the DC goes to suport HF for they are donated to the HF store at the cost of manufacturing them. 2 Questions and I donate all of our time and labor to finish them and he has a machinist that cuts them out at a discounted rate. So they are lighter, cheaper, smaller, made in the USA, and supports the HF community (cool name).

Dutch
01-08-2010, 16:53
Yea I'll probably try them out. I can only get them here right? Or can you get Dutch Clips at camping and hiking stores? How much do they run?

DC ar only available at the HF store near you.

Cogneato
01-08-2010, 17:24
Well cool. I look forward to trying them out then. The biners I have are lightweight, but are kind of bulky. When do you expect to have them in the HF store?

Dutch
01-08-2010, 18:50
Well cool. I look forward to trying them out then. The biners I have are lightweight, but are kind of bulky. When do you expect to have them in the HF store?

I think we are planning on taking them down to Mt Rogers and giving them to HC4U although I honestly don't know if he will be there. However I think it will be around the same time. So early February.

Just Jeff
01-09-2010, 09:40
I resisted them for a short time...then I realized how cool the name was so I had to get some on my hammock. I'm thinking about making my avatar a Dutch Clip.

Seriously - I was already using biners, so I liked how the DCs saved bulk first, then weight. After one trip I'm gonna stitch them in. The only thing I like better about biners is that biners are about two seconds faster to undo b/c of the little lip the holds the DC on. No way around that if you want to keep the DCs firmly attached...so that's 4 seconds I'm willing to trade.

DCs aren't really multi-use, but I've never used my CAMP Nano biners on a hike for anything that I couldn't use a mini-biner for anyway. On a climbing trip I'd be less concerned about grams and bulk so I'd probably just carry an extra set of biners.

ref103
01-09-2010, 10:18
i've seen the dutch clip video on youtube but could someone do a video of them in an actual hang and show them being adjusted and such.

Perkolady
01-09-2010, 10:36
I like how the DC's can be used with so many different suspensions. I've been playing with different suspensions the past several months and enjoying every minute of it (well, except when something got stuck and I had to cut and scrap it :( ). I find the Dutch Clips easier for me to use than 'biners. Especially with frozen hands! I also like that when packing up and wrapping my webbing around the hammock sack, I can easily tuck the DC's under the wrapped webbing so the straps behave!

Hooch
01-09-2010, 10:56
i've seen the dutch clip video on youtube but could someone do a video of them in an actual hang and show them being adjusted and such.
The Dutch Clips don't get adjusted, they're static.

Perkolady
01-09-2010, 11:12

You simply hook them over the webbing, pull on the webbing a little to tighten the webbing around the tree and thats all.

stoikurt
01-09-2010, 21:48
Well I recently converted to whoopie slings and marlin spikes. It worked great this past weekend at Torreya SP in N FL (shhh, don't tell anyone I was hanging in a FL SP). Had a great weekend and woke to 28 deg Sunday morning. Used my 1.7/1.1 custom WB, homemade RMS NS clone as UQ, JRB n
Nest as TQ, homemade WB topcover, JRB Sleeves and a few other clothes. Stayed toast warm under my homemade SWT clone. Got up one time to water the leaves and with the bright moonlight I saw a very large hog run by about 75' away. Glad he kept going!

Now I've just gotta have some of those Dutch Clips. Can't wait till the come available again. Hope I don't miss it.

Slackdaddy
01-13-2010, 16:36
With out looking too dumb (I really am), I can't find the HF store ? is it near the Piggly Wiggly ?? Really i can't find it on the forum.
I am in need of about 14-16 Dutch Clips.
I just want them cause they have a cool name.

Slack

angrysparrow
01-13-2010, 16:37
HF Store - http://www.hammockforums.net/store/

Dutch clips currently out of stock. Watch the announcements section for an update when we have more.

headchange4u
01-13-2010, 16:38
There is a link to the store in my signature. Look down :D

The Dutch Clips are currently out of stock though....

2Questions
01-13-2010, 17:10
Here's the plan on DC's. Should have them this week....Dutch and I have a sanding party maybe Saturday.....haul them to Mt Rogers end of the month to give to HC4U.

Slackdaddy
01-13-2010, 17:41
so is there going to be a mad rush on them ?
Rationing ?
put me down for 14 of em.

Slack

Cannibal
01-13-2010, 17:44
so is there going to be a made rush on them ?
Rationing ?
put me down for 14 of em.

Slack
No reserves. You just have to stay awake 24/7 and keep hitting the refresh button. These two have figured out supply and demand like nobody's business. :D

2Questions
01-13-2010, 17:45
If we get all of them sanded and tumbled in time, there should be 200+ delivered at Mt Rogers.

MacEntyre
01-13-2010, 17:51
Will we be able to purchase them from HC4U at Mt Rogers?

Slackdaddy
01-13-2010, 18:26
Is the full run going to MT Rodgers ?
Are some set aside for the HF store ?

Dutch
01-13-2010, 19:33
Is the full run going to MT Rodgers ?
Are some set aside for the HF store ?

Don't worry the plan is to take them to Mt Rogers just to give them to HC4U to offer at the store. We are making a double batch and I would think that 200 will keep the store in stock at least 2 months. I promise that you will be able to get your 14.

Mac somehow I will provide you with what you need at the hang. I have a few from the last batch that didn't fit into the shipping box. And of course there is the raffle. Do you feel lucky?

MacEntyre
01-13-2010, 20:07
Do you feel lucky?
I'm the luckiest hanger on HammockForums!

Thank you very much!

- MacEntyre

headchange4u
01-13-2010, 20:26
Will we be able to purchase them from HC4U at Mt Rogers?

I'm not going to be able to make it to Mt Rogers this year:(

I'm pretty sure that someone will be selling them at the hang. The remainder will be sent to me the following week and will soon thereafter be available for purchase at the HF store. I will make an announcement when available.

MacEntyre
01-13-2010, 20:57
Thanks, HeadC4U!

- MacEntyre

headchange4u
01-14-2010, 08:33
It's official!! 2Question will have Dutch Clips available for sale at the Mt Rogers hang out.

Perkolady
01-14-2010, 11:18
Thank you for the updates on the Dutch Clips! I really need to get a couple more sets. I have a feeling this will be a little like a black friday line up here, waiting for them to be available, lol. I hope I get here in time! :eek:

Doctari
01-14-2010, 18:33
As they are not showing up on the store site, refresh my memory, how much are they? I need to know what to bring to the hangout money wise.

PS
01-17-2010, 22:42
Just got back from a trip to Shining Rock Wilderness area.
Was setting up just before dark. I got to the end of a BlackBird hammock strap and.... no Dutch Clip! I looked all over in the snow and couldn't find it. Thankfully I have a carbiner...

Now the availability of DCs in the store is personal. I'll be hitting the refresh button.

And how do you attach them permanently to the strap?

Jonesin'

stoikurt
01-17-2010, 22:59

Jonesin'

I think from reading previous posts you put a line of stitching as close to the DC as you can so there is not enough loop left for it to come out.

I am anxiously awaiting the availability of the DC's. I hope to get 4!:D

Dutch
01-18-2010, 08:38
Just got back from a trip to Shining Rock Wilderness area.
Was setting up just before dark. I got to the end of a BlackBird hammock strap and.... no Dutch Clip! I looked all over in the snow and couldn't find it. Thankfully I have a carbiner...

Now the availability of DCs in the store is personal. I'll be hitting the refresh button.

Jonesin'

I found your Dutch clip in the snow and if you pm me with your address I will mail it to you. Yeah just sew real close to the clip and it won't fall out. You can sew it with a machine or you can just put a couple hand stitches in.

bonsaihiker
01-18-2010, 09:20
I found your Dutch clip in the snow and if you pm me with your address I will mail it to you.

This is the BEST group of people on the web, and Dutch just proved it again...:cool:;):)

canoebie
01-18-2010, 11:27
Dutch you da man!!! I love mine, will be ordering more.

TZBrown
01-18-2010, 19:19
Something else I don't know about yet. :confused:

Can someone set a link to a picture? I'm sure I need these but have no idea what it is. :)

2Questions
01-18-2010, 19:22
http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/3/6/img_9286_thumb.jpg (http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=6462&c=member&orderby=title&direction=ASC&imageuser=136&cutoffdate=-1)

headchange4u
01-18-2010, 20:40
ecAnqu8sWms

opie
01-18-2010, 20:44
Dutch, Nice van.

The clips are beefier than I imagined.

Very nice idea.

2Questions
01-18-2010, 20:50
Dutch, Nice van.

The clips are beefier than I imagined.

Very nice idea.

http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/3/6/img_9365_thumb.jpg (http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=6612&c=member&orderby=title&direction=ASC&imageuser=136&cutoffdate=-1)
Should have seen my original prototype...the one on the far left was made out of 1/4" 6061 and was really beefy. Ended with the one on the right after several tweakings on size and thickness. We were shooting for 1000# weight test...got actually more than that out of them.

headchange4u
01-18-2010, 20:51
I wish I had a van like that.

opie
01-18-2010, 21:14
http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/3/6/img_9365_thumb.jpg (http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=6612&c=member&orderby=title&direction=ASC&imageuser=136&cutoffdate=-1)
Should have seen my original prototype...the one on the far left was made out of 1/4" 6061 and was really beefy. Ended with the one on the right after several tweakings on size and thickness. We were shooting for 1000# weight test...got actually more than that out of them.

Looks great!!

I like the one on the left the most...

MacEntyre
01-18-2010, 21:49
I like that van, too. But I have too much old stuff. I have a 1929 Savage 99, a 1948 lapstrake Lyman skiff, a 1959 house, a 1962 Singer, a 1973 airhead, a 1982 Scamp. I don't even know how old my Consew sewing machine is. I need to sell some old stuff and put my money into Dutch clips!

2Questions
01-18-2010, 21:56
.....put my money into Dutch clips!
Still hard to imagine, after this batch of 200 coming, that will be 900 made!! I guess we'll keep making them while they're still in demand.

oldgringo
01-19-2010, 05:41
I like that van, too. But I have too much old stuff. I have a 1929 Savage 99, a 1948 lapstrake Lyman skiff, a 1959 house, a 1962 Singer, a 1973 airhead, a 1982 Scamp. I don't even know how old my Consew sewing machine is. I need to sell some old stuff and put my money into Dutch clips!

Old stuff rules!

1955 Singer, Savage 99 of about the same vintage, and a 1930 something Lefever double.:)

If I manage to get some on this buy, and live long enough, I'll have some old Dutch clips one day.

Dutch
01-19-2010, 08:10
I like you all, but lets get something straight, it isn't a van it is a bus. Soccermoms drive vans. The bus actually was a Christmas gift form my wife. And I got her a nice sweater.

oldgringo
01-19-2010, 08:14
...And I got her a nice sweater.

:lol::lol:

SoundWitness
01-19-2010, 09:37
Still hard to imagine, after this batch of 200 coming, that will be 900 made!! I guess we'll keep making them while they're still in demand.

Well no doubt, the simplicity of use, the strength and weight, it's the bomb! Plus, who doesn't want cool gear!!:cool:

MacEntyre
01-19-2010, 10:04
900 made = 450 suspensions

There are lots more HFers who could use Dutch Clips!

opie
01-19-2010, 12:43
I like you all, but lets get something straight, it isn't a van it is a bus. Soccermoms drive vans. The bus actually was a Christmas gift form my wife. And I got her a nice sweater.

Youre right... Im sorry.:D

TZBrown
01-19-2010, 13:08
Is anyone in the HF store starting a list? Can I get on it?
So after the hang at the end of the month they may be ready to sell/ship what is left, if any?

Are they sold in pairs or individually? Cost?

I need 6 individual clips

angrysparrow
01-19-2010, 13:26
Folks, there will be a restock of DC's in the store when we have them. No lists, no pre-orders, etc. As always there will be an announcement made when they are stocked. If they sell out, we'll re-order.

Look for them in the store, likely the first week in February.

Dutch
01-19-2010, 13:33
Is anyone in the HF store starting a list? Can I get on it?
So after the hang at the end of the month they may be ready to sell/ship what is left, if any?

Are they sold in pairs or individually? Cost?

I need 6 individual clips

There isn't a list. They won't sell out at the hang. That would require every man woman and child to buy like 8 sets each. If by surprise that did happen we would just get started on another batch. We are pushing to get them made for the hang but that may be tight. The waterjet cutter was broke down for a week and we just got them from there. We still have to sand and polish them and we aren't sure how we are getting them polished yet since the place that polished them for free went out of business. Go figure:rolleyes:. They are sold in pairs when in stock at the HF store. We don't know what the cost will be just yet because all the manufacturing cost aren't all in yet. The goal has been in the past to make them for less then it would cost for a Nano biner. I get Nanos for $8 to $10 a piece so I would say you can count on less then $8 a piece, but honestly I don't set the price. In any case they are in stock more often then they are not in stock. People just naturally want what they can't have. It's just like Deana Anglemire in 7th grade. Only you will get clips in a couple weeks and Deana will still be elusive to me.

Cannibal
01-19-2010, 13:45
It's just like Deana Anglemire in 7th grade. Only you will get clips in a couple weeks and Deana will be elusive to me.
Alas, Debbie Rushmore will never be mine either. I did get a Valentine's poem from her once! :woot: I miss 5th grade.

I've got 2 sets at home right now, need many, many more. So, hurry-up will ya?! :D

oldgringo
01-19-2010, 14:29
Jerri Pat Stillwell:boggle::boggle::boggle:

2Questions
01-19-2010, 16:21
A little bird has told me there will be a "special" price for a pair of DC's at the hang. Gotta come to get it though.:woot:

TZBrown
01-19-2010, 18:26
:D
If there were a couple of other hangers from Michigan heading that way I would be happy to split fuel and such. I would love to meet all of the people that have been writing here.

But it is just too far for one for a long weekend.:(

PS
01-21-2010, 15:43
I found your Dutch clip in the snow and if you pm me with your address I will mail it to you. Yeah just sew real close to the clip and it won't fall out. You can sew it with a machine or you can just put a couple hand stitches in.
Dutch, you are the best!
Thanks!
PS

stoikurt
02-04-2010, 13:21
Any word on the availability of these yet?

angrysparrow
02-04-2010, 14:23
Any word on the availability of these yet?

Dutch still has them for the moment. Post (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showpost.php?p=205149&postcount=97)

SweetLou
02-09-2010, 18:01
I guess that I missed out on them. I am in the process of moving and didn't have internet since Jan. 31. I finally get internet and come here and the store says they are out. I'll have to wait until the next production. :(

angrysparrow
02-09-2010, 18:05
I guess that I missed out on them. I am in the process of moving and didn't have internet since Jan. 31. I finally get internet and come here and the store says they are out. I'll have to wait until the next production. :(

You didn't miss anything, there was a delay in production. Stick around...I bet they show up soon.:)

SweetLou
02-10-2010, 00:01
Bummer that there was a delay in production, but good for me. :D

Shug
02-10-2010, 00:32
I want a Dutch clip belt buckle........... with a HF logo on it.

Dutch
02-10-2010, 09:37

I should try to make you one out of some chinese webbing I got.

UncleMJM
02-10-2010, 11:35

I'd buy one of those too. :D

Love my Dutch Clips.

Cannibal
02-10-2010, 12:44
Put me down for a DC belt buckle. Funny timing, my dress belt buckle broke this morning. Any chance of having these really, really quick? :laugh:

Barefoot Child
02-10-2010, 13:06
Well,
I would like to get one of those cool Dutch clip belts too, but I am afraid someone will probably think they can hang thier hammock off from it. :scared::laugh:

PuckerFactor
02-10-2010, 13:09
They'd be really straightforward to make. Just a dutch clip ad a tri-glide. I may make one with my red tree hugger strapping just for the heck of it. :-p

Barefoot Child
02-10-2010, 13:17
Hey Acer,
make sure you do the picture thingee for us all, so that we can copy it...please?!

PuckerFactor
02-10-2010, 14:37
Ta da! Took all of 5 minutes. Might even actually use it.

Acer

Perkolady
02-10-2010, 14:49

Cool !! I like it! :boggle:

Dutch
02-10-2010, 14:54
I know Pan has a belt made with just a triglide. That way he has an extra suspension if needed.

stoikurt
02-10-2010, 15:30

Acer

Nice job. You just had to put up a picture and now everyone will want one.:laugh:

PuckerFactor
02-10-2010, 15:47
Shucks, I'll make 'em if people will buy them! I don't care.

Ever the capitalist,
Acer

UncleMJM
02-10-2010, 15:57
Put a HF logo on it and a price and I'll get in line to order. Now what color should I go for???

oldgringo
02-10-2010, 16:04
But...

will a DC release under a strain?:lol:

Doctari
02-10-2010, 16:29
But...

will a DC release under a strain?:lol:

I hung all 200 lbs of me from one, it didn't release. I'm thinking used as a belt it should be fine. :D

headchange4u
02-10-2010, 17:31
Dutch Clips back in stock. Get 'em while you can.

Dutch Clips (http://www.hammockforums.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=204)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/headchange4u/Hammock/HFStore002.jpg

laherb
02-10-2010, 17:43
yippy, just ordered some.

Perkolady
02-10-2010, 18:45
Dutch Clips do indeed exist. They will be a proud part of my new diy hammock suspensions very soon! :boggle:

Kaliram
02-10-2010, 19:13
Thanks for the heads-up, HeadChange4U. I just ordered a set! The item counter indicated 29 sets in stock. I wonder how long that will last....:cool:

Shug
02-10-2010, 19:15
Got a pair coming .... to make a belt of Dutch clips. Gonna glue a huge beard on mine.
A dutch fan.
Shug

laherb
02-10-2010, 19:38
Got a pair coming .... to make a belt of Dutch clips. Gonna glue a huge beard on mine.
A dutch fan.
Shug

i'm sure you'll get some weird looks with a beard on the Dutch belt buckle!

Shug
02-10-2010, 19:53
i'm sure you'll get some weird looks with a beard on the Dutch belt buckle!
It will add to the weird looks that I already get!!!!!:laugh:

SweetLou
02-10-2010, 22:18
Yippee! I got my internet in time. I just ordered two pair. I can't wait to try them.

Just Jeff
02-10-2010, 22:34
...my dress belt buckle broke this morning...

Holy crap...what's gonna hold your dress up now? :eek:

stoikurt
02-10-2010, 22:37

Oh, that was a good catch. I hope there's no pics of that!:scared:

Cannibal
02-10-2010, 22:38

:blush:
:lol::lol::lol:

Barefoot Child
02-10-2010, 22:50
Bravo!!!...Bravo!!!...JustJeff that was absooooolutely one of the funniest one liners I have ever heard. Aim High! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: LOTFLMAO

Just Jeff
02-10-2010, 23:22
Thank you thank you...I'm here to serve...

Perkolady
02-10-2010, 23:27
*note to self.... NO drinking while reading at HF ! :lol:

headchange4u
02-10-2010, 23:35
.I'm here to serve...

I'll have a 12 oz. ribeye, medium rare, the mashed potatos with gravy, and the rice pilaf. I'm also going to need a drink. What's on draft? :p :D

Shug
02-10-2010, 23:44
Encore .... encore.....:laugh::lol::lol::lol:

PuckerFactor
02-11-2010, 01:21
Heh, if you guys are serious, I put an ad in the 4Sale section.
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14428

Acer

TZBrown
02-11-2010, 08:56
Oh Boy

I almost missed it, again, :( only 6 left in stock.
But there were enough for me :):)

I spent the whole day outside yesterday, between clearing the snow and then playing in it with snowshoes.

Guess the priorities have to be changed to check HF before I go outdoors.

headchange4u
02-11-2010, 09:12
I've been absolutely slammed with orders since the Dutch Clips got back in stock. I will process them as fast as I can, but please have a little patience with me.

We also should have another shipment arriving sometime next week. Do not panic if the store sells out in the next day or so. There are more right around the corner.

Barefoot Child
02-11-2010, 09:29
We need more...we have to have Acer make belts for us!
Thanks HeadChange for all of yours effort to support our happy little clan.

Running Feather
02-11-2010, 09:34
Oh, that was a good catch. I hope there's no pics of that!:scared:

I love that some things are sacred here but everyone is fair game :scared:

Dutch
02-12-2010, 10:28
i know the store sold out of clips in a day, but I just sent another batch and HC4U should have tehm early next week. I'm hoping this batch doesn't sell quite so quickly now that all the back orders are taken care of. I'm going to be making myself a belt. That was a great Idea and I will have a extension hugger if I need one.

Running Feather
02-12-2010, 11:31
Just for sh%ts and giggles I put together a belt using grossgrain and two SMC rings. Maybe those waiting for the next batch of Dutch Clips can play around with this for a while. It holds tight and will be 'all the rage' this spring!

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=2242

Hawk-eye
02-12-2010, 13:21
Talk about a ring around your belly button! :lol:

mbiraman
02-12-2010, 14:06
Wow, i blinked and they were gone. Glad to here more are coming in. Can i pre-order a couple of clips before everyone jumps on the belt bandwagon??. Also does anyone know if the line locs will be in soon??

Slackdaddy
02-12-2010, 14:29
Hey,
how come the store will not let me order my 12 Dutch clips from the current batch "That will be more than enough for everyone" :) :)

Slack

stoikurt
02-12-2010, 14:39
The current batch sold out. They probably won't let you pre-order.

SweetLou
02-16-2010, 15:41
My Dutch Clips came today! :D

TZBrown
02-16-2010, 15:49
Mine too :):)
Ordered Thursday, great service

stoikurt
02-16-2010, 15:59
Woohoo, got mine in today too. Can't wait to try them this weekend.:woot:

PuckerFactor
02-16-2010, 16:41
Perfect timing! Just finished this for MedecineMan:
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=86&pictureid=2284
PM me to get one for yourself! < /shameless_plug>

:P
Acer

Poppabear
02-16-2010, 17:24
I agree on the quick service comment. Got mine today also. I'm on my way out the door to try them out now!

SmokeBait
02-16-2010, 19:28
Received mine today :) They got shipped out quickly. Already have them and my straps laying out to sew one of the strap loops tighter to retain the ever precious Dutch Clips.

stumo

Perkolady
02-16-2010, 19:54
I got my DCs today too. Great timing. Really brightened my day! I immediately went to the mirror and threaded one thru my nose. (j/k!) :D

Uticafats
02-18-2010, 18:16
Any chance of getting a pair of DC's for an hang next weekend?

Doctari
02-18-2010, 20:25
I got my DCs today too. Great timing. Really brightened my day! I immediately went to the mirror and threaded one thru my nose. (j/k!) :D

Thankfully I have learned to not be drinking anything while reading the forums here, else I would a SPEWED all over the puter. Oh what a mental image that produced. :D

headchange4u
02-19-2010, 11:28
Any chance of getting a pair of DC's for an hang next weekend?

I ship the clips Priority Mail which has 2-3 transit time. You should have them by next Friday.

headchange4u
02-19-2010, 11:40
To help me keep things organized and track store related issues please make any future posts regarding the store and Dutch Clips (stocking, shipping, reorders, order problems, etc...) in the store discussion thread (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10241).

Thanks.