PDA

View Full Version : Read for a laugh!

Arkwater
10-21-2006, 08:32
Here's a UK canoe forum referring to this forum. Entertaining!
http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1958

Just Jeff
10-21-2006, 09:42
Haha - that's great. Wait till they convert and see what they say... :D

And we're working on the beginner section, Pete Thompson. Until then start here (http://www.tothewoods.net/).

blackbishop351
10-21-2006, 13:16
:eek: Awww crap....

We're in the process of evolving into an entirely new type of cult geeks. Guess I was in denial or something. Oh well. Isn't gonna stop me from hanging! :D

headchange4u
10-21-2006, 17:56
That thread for beginners is looking pretty good right now.:D

nigelp
10-22-2006, 16:51
Hi

I started that thread!! :D Don't take it too harshly plenty of the canoeist's on the site use hammocks but i guess lots don't? ;)

Nigel

Arkwater
10-22-2006, 17:15
Hi

I started that thread!! :D Don't take it too harshly plenty of the canoeist's on the site use hammocks but i guess lots don't? ;)

Nigel

I don't think any one here will - just fun to see a diffrent take on things. I would really like to hear some of canoeist't thoughts on hammock camping. Consider that a personal invite to contribute.:)

Just Jeff
10-22-2006, 18:04
Yep - anyone who wants to join is welcome. Lots of the discussion here is on how to make lighter hammocks...it would be interesting to have a new perspective from canoeists. How to make a more comfortable hammock where weight isn't such an issue, maybe. Or tricks for setting up around the water.

Seriously, this site is about hammock camping...whether it's backpacking, biking, motorcycles, canoeing, car camping, etc.

And we're pretty thick-skinned for the most part, I think. We make fun of ourselves more than other folks make fun of us. I hope, anyway! :D

Ratdog
03-08-2014, 20:59
:eek: Awww crap....

We're in the process of evolving into an entirely new type of cult geeks. Guess I was in denial or something. Oh well. Isn't gonna stop me from hanging! :D

Prescient almost beyond words.

Nearly 7 1/2 years later and the "cult" is entrenched in the world of outdoor recreation and growing stronger every day. :D

SilvrSurfr
03-08-2014, 21:37
I always wanted to join a cult, but the Masons and Elks kinda scared me.

Now I'm in a sub-cult of a sub-cult of a cult - pallet-burning pineys who hang in hammocks and search for Bigfoot and the Jersey Devil.:)

grannypat
03-08-2014, 21:56
I always wanted to join a cult, but the Masons and Elks kinda scared me.

Now I'm in a sub-cult of a sub-cult of a cult - pallet-burning pineys who hang in hammocks and search for Bigfoot and the Jersey Devil.:)

Most cult members don't admit they are in a cult. :D

Nighthauk
03-08-2014, 22:38
In the words of Groucho Marx " I am not sure I want to be part of a group that would have me as a member." Oh wait that doesn't work for me does it? Oops.

SilvrSurfr
03-08-2014, 23:03
Most cult members don't admit they are in a cult. :D

But we must admit and profess, if we are to proselytize the hammock way. And isn't that what we're all here for?:lol:

Refreshing
03-09-2014, 02:03
Haha, the second post on that page is sooo true though. If you read the quote he posted and pretend that you have never hammocked before it sounds pretty messed up.

CamoDeafie82
03-09-2014, 05:13
my friends last night had a hard time figuring out what the heck I was signing about, quilt this, under that, protector, wind break, tarping.... lol :D