PDA

View Full Version : posting pics

mbiraman
12-30-2009, 16:17
Hey Everyone; I'm wanting to post pics, thumbnail size ,within a trip report ,that are clickable to lg size , and can't seem to find any thread on doing that. Can anyone give me some advice. ??

Cannibal
12-30-2009, 16:28
You need to upload them to the gallery. Once there, select the image you want to post and click on it. At the bottom of the screen that opens will be "BB Image Code:"; copy that code. Then just paste it in your post and a thumbnail will appear.

Does that help?

This, or almost this:
"[=http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=4939&c=member&orderby=title&direction=ASC&imageuser=435&cutoffdate=-1]http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/4/3/5/down_storage_devicethumb.jpg[/url]"

Becomes this:
http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/4/3/5/down_storage_device_thumb.jpg (http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=4939&c=member&orderby=title&direction=ASC&imageuser=435&cutoffdate=-1)

gargoyle
12-30-2009, 17:58
Or....use the little paperclip, (attachments), it will ask to browse your computer. Allow that to happen, and then click the paperclip again, browse your photos and select and open the ones you want to post. then upload.

Just Jeff
12-30-2009, 19:01
If you upload it as an attachment, that's the only place it's stored. If you upload it to the gallery and link to it, it'll also be searchable in the gallery and will show up in the random images on the front page. Personal preference which you want, but I like the gallery option m'self.

mbiraman
12-31-2009, 00:57
Thanks you guys; it took a little hit and miss but i uploaded the pics to the gallery and now to write a little something and post it. Not sure about the thumbnail part yet but we'll soon see. By the way Jeff your "To The Woods " site is a good one.

mbiraman
12-31-2009, 14:59
Ok so i just did my first little trip report except as you can see the pics are all staked on top of each other. It works but i'd like to see them horizontal in the "thumbnail Box" , and i'm not sure what i'm not doing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

gargoyle
12-31-2009, 15:04
Takes some editing skills and time to get the 'custom' look. You'll figure it out in time. I use the 'preview' button for examining the posts, and move things around accordingly, add text, etc.

Just play with a report or post till you figure it out. If you don't like it dont post it!

BER
07-01-2010, 10:26
Follow up question: Once you have uploaded a picture to a post as an attachment (thumbnail at bottom), how do you display that image full size within the post body?

mbiraman
07-01-2010, 13:17
Follow up question: Once you have uploaded a picture to a post as an attachment (thumbnail at bottom), how do you display that image full size within the post body?

In the end i never uploaded an attachment in thumbnail size. I uploaded pics to Photobucket and then to the new post on HF and they were full size already. As you upload pics to PB you choose the size for the pics and then after that when you use the drop down menu from the pic, copy the "img code" to your post, bingo

Knotty
07-01-2010, 14:09

Open the image in the gallery. Right click on the image itself and copy the image URL. Then when creating your message click on the insert image icon (yellow square with a mountain on it) and then paste the image URL into the dialog box.

angrysparrow
07-01-2010, 15:06
Lots of info shared in this thread.

Basically there are 3 ways to put pictures in a post. 1) upload them to the gallery and link them. 2) 'attach' them to the post. 3) upload them to another site and link them.

I use option #1 if it's hammock related. I use either #2 or #3 if it's not related enough to belong in the gallery. In either case, I personally much prefer clickable links rather than LARGE images. It's more respectful of thread clutter and slow bandwidth.

For those of you that are savvy and have images off HF and would like them to be clickable links -

[img]###/img] (***) where (*** = URL of your image) and (### = URL of your thumbnail)

BER
07-01-2010, 16:11
Open the image in the gallery. Right click on the image itself and copy the image URL. Then when creating your message click on the insert image icon (yellow square with a mountain on it) and then paste the image URL into the dialog box.

So to clarify, it sounds like you can use the insert image icon IF you've uploaded an image to a HF gallery or if it is stored somewhere online (photobucket, picasa, etc.)

Lots of info shared in this thread.

Basically there are 3 ways to put pictures in a post. 1) upload them to the gallery and link them. 2) 'attach' them to the post. 3) upload them to another site and link them.

I use option #1 if it's hammock related. I use either #2 or #3 if it's not related enough to belong in the gallery. In either case, I personally much prefer clickable links rather than LARGE images. It's more respectful of thread clutter and slow bandwidth.

For those of you that are savvy and have images off HF and would like them to be clickable links -

[img]###/img] (***) where (*** = URL of your image) and (### = URL of your thumbnail)

Ummmm, yeah not the savvy one here... But again it sounds like the photo either has to be uploaded to a HF gallery or some other online gallery for this to work. Uploading as an attachement leaves it as a thumbnail at the end of the post, but this attachment cannot in turn be shown larger in the body of the post. (though clicking the thumbnail of course opens a new window with the enlarged photo shown) Correct?

Thank you both for clarifying.