PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with The Perfect Trees - Materials source

ryan112ryan
12-31-2009, 20:48
I found this website: http://www.theperfecttrees.com

They sell 800 fill Canadian goose down for $8 an ounce (@2.50 shipping in USA). Wondering if anyone has purchased here before, what was your experience with the company and what is the quality of the down then sell?

I have looked at speer, Thru hiker, OWFI, are there any other good sources for down that are cheaper?

PuckerFactor
12-31-2009, 20:55
That's the website of HF member Stormcrow. He's well known 'round here. He just had a bunch of down on sale in the 4Sale section @7.50/ounce, and he'd bag it however you needed.

Hth,
Acer

Dutch
12-31-2009, 21:52
That is very top quality down. I have gotten it from him twice now. He divides it up so you don't have to. It is also perfectly white whereas the Speer down is grey. Other then that I couldn't tell the difference. As far as I know it is the best down for the price.

MacEntyre
12-31-2009, 22:17
My experience with the company is that Adam and his wife are good company...

Hawk-eye
01-01-2010, 00:10
My experience with the company is that Adam and his wife are good company...

That's a fact you can take to the bank! Good people! You'll get better than you're paying for no matter what you purchase from them.

Just Jeff
01-01-2010, 00:13
Good people, and good at leaving goodies beside the trail as well...but only when it's cold out. :jj: Sheesh, that was almost a year ago now!

gargoyle
01-01-2010, 06:10
You will not go wrong with Perfect Trees. Stormcrow is a goofball and a great guy.

NCPatrick
01-01-2010, 10:06
I wish they'd sell Thorwren's stew on their site (freeze dried?). That's some goood stew.

MacEntyre
01-01-2010, 12:48
I do have a complaint about Stormcrow... he hikes so fast that I cannot keep up!

oldgringo
01-01-2010, 13:10
Wait.

I ordered an under quilt from...a goofball???!!!???

I want a refund!:lol:

Just Jeff
01-01-2010, 14:49
You should have her send you some stew instead of a refund... :jj:

MacEntyre
01-01-2010, 16:03
If Three blew your down, then you had it built by two goofballs!

Take solace in the fact that Thorwren was watching over them the whole time.

- MacEntyre

stormcrow
01-03-2010, 02:22
I found this website: http://www.theperfecttrees.com

They sell 800 fill Canadian goose down for $8 an ounce (@2.50 shipping in USA).

For the time being, it is still $8.00/oz. Shipping (CONUS) is included in that price so there are no surprises. Glad you found the site!

That's the website of HF member Stormcrow. He's well known 'round here. He just had a bunch of down on sale in the 4Sale section @7.50/ounce, and he'd bag it however you needed.

Hth,
Acer

That was an older thread that I think is closed now. I am still selling it for the above price though.

That's a fact you can take to the bank! Good people! You'll get better than you're paying for no matter what you purchase from them.

Thank you for the kind word sir!

Good people, and good at leaving goodies beside the trail as well...but only when it's cold out. :jj: Sheesh, that was almost a year ago now!

Man, oh man. I am sure I am never going to live that down! LOL. That was my first ever Hammock Forums event and I made quite the impression by littering all of my equipment while coming up the WRONG trail. Thanks again to Walks-in-the-Dark

I wish they'd sell Thorwren's stew on their site (freeze dried?). That's some goood stew.

Hmm, we will think about that one...:lol::lol:

I do have a complaint about Stormcrow... he hikes so fast that I cannot keep up!

Oh come on, you are no slouch either my friend! :shades:

Wait.

Whether or not I am a goofball is subject to opinion..But, this is not the first time I have been referred to as such! Guilty as charged! :D:D

Thank you all for your kind words.

KerMegan
01-07-2010, 11:18
or get TW to print up the stew recipie and include it with items shipped as a freebie/thank you gift?
(I was thinking of Stuller, who throws "Lucky pops" in to each order shipped)
just a thought..KM

MacEntyre
01-07-2010, 11:39
Thing1 and I ate at a family owned restaurant in Junction, TX, called The Milky Way. They make all of their own sauces and salad dressings, and the food is excellent. The meal comes with a tiny Milky Way candy bar on the side!

sir_n0thing
01-09-2010, 10:21
Wait.

Having spent a little time around Stormcrow at the Northern Hang, I can confirm there are indeed some goofballish tendencies displayed by said individual... ;)
However, I also have a winter weight underquilt made by this guy, and I can definitely confirm the guy has a some serious gear making skillz!

To the OP: I'd have absolutely no worries about ordering anything offered by Stormcrow at the Perfect Trees website. He's a stand up guy.

MacEntyre
01-09-2010, 10:37
Adam is just a regular guy... here's a picture of him at Hot Springs:

gargoyle
01-09-2010, 10:53
Need I say more???

Hawk-eye
01-09-2010, 11:27
Hmmm ... you might wanna watch this Shug video just past the 3:25 min mark ... I'm just saying ... :rolleyes:
Stormcrow the legend continues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iJtQYQZc3A)

2iJtQYQZc3A

MacEntyre
01-09-2010, 13:40
"... I'm just saying"
IIRC, that phrase was made predominant in the HF vernacular by Stormcrow.

stormcrow
01-16-2010, 13:37
Thanks guys,

:lol:As you can see I really DO enjoy my trips with my fellow hammock forum members. No one ever said it being "right in the head" has anything to do with one's ability to produce some decent gear (whew, lucky me!):lol:

Looking forward to Mt. Rogers.:D

KerMegan
01-16-2010, 13:51
IIRC, that phrase was made predominant in the HF vernacular by Stormcrow.

and other fans of "Serenity, the Movie"!
KM, of the aformentioned group.