PDA

View Full Version : UGQ Continuous Ridge Line Video

sr1355
01-23-2017, 20:20
Finally got a chance to shoot and edit some footage for our CRL using LoopAliens. The LoopAliens are easy to use, do not damage the line, and are easy to unlock after use.

Each kit includes the following:

28' (8.5M)super low stretch 1.75mm Lash-It Continuous Ridge Line w/ a locked brummel at each end
2 - Alum LoopAliens
2 - 1.75mm X 8" continuous loops fixed with Mil-Spec Toggles or optional 2 - UGQ Micro Biners.

Weight 0.85oz (24g) w/o Micro Biners 1.07oz (30g) w/ Mirco Biners

>>>CLICK HERE TO VISIT CRL PAGE AT UGQ<<< (http://www.undergroundquilts.com/ridgeline/default.html)

Each kit also includes 4 Stainless Steel split rings for those that want to update or add to an existing tarp. We recently changed the ridge line split ring size on our tarps to fit the Mil-Spec Toggle now included with our ridge line kits. Tarps shipping since Jan 1 2017 all have the larger split rings on the ridge. If you have a late Dec 2016 UGQ tarp and the rings on the ridge are larger than the guy out rings you have the new split rings that will work with the toggle system. If your split rings are all the same size you will need to remove the existing rings and install the new larger rings on your ridge pulls.

https://youtu.be/NIilwYJkoTM

JmBoh
01-23-2017, 21:07
NIce!! I actually like that design. Can one be ordered with a little longer lash it? I've ran into problems with tree diameter and also tree distance and had to do some modification to my "other" CRL.

seanholio
01-23-2017, 21:39
NIce!! I actually like that design. Can one be ordered with a little longer lash it? I've ran into problems with tree diameter and also tree distance and had to do some modification to my "other" CRL.
A long dog bone would do the trick, and avoid having long tails when you get small trees close together.

Sent from Tapatalk on some infernal typo-generating gadget

FJRpilot
01-23-2017, 21:49
Very elegant. In your video, your using a toggle of some type, but on your web site the CRL is being sold with a microbiner. Did the toggle start to fail?

Zilla
01-23-2017, 22:01
Thanks for sharing, i was having trouble with the loop aliens and now i see what i was doing wrong, great help these videos are!

sr1355
01-23-2017, 22:02
Very elegant. In your video, your using a toggle of some type, but on your web site the CRL is being sold with a microbiner. Did the toggle start to fail?

THANKS!!! Toggles are standard, microbiners are optional. We've had no failures of the toggles in our extensive testing. We've updated the website to reflect toggles as the default selection in the drop down menus, you may need to refresh browsers for this change to appear.

sr1355
01-23-2017, 22:03

Unfortunately these are all pre-made and a custom length is not an option.

sr1355
01-23-2017, 22:05
Thanks for sharing, i was having trouble with the loop aliens and now i see what i was doing wrong, great help these videos are!

No problem, I had to work with the Loop Alien for a few months before I figured out the trick to the pulley was the twist and running it back through the big hole from the opposite direction. Remembered those two from my rock climbing belay plate days. Loop Aliens act like a very small belay plate...

Zilla
01-23-2017, 22:07
No problem, I had to work with the Loop Alien for a few months before I figured out the trick to the pulley was the twist and running it back through the big hole from the opposite direction. Remembered those two from my rock climbing belay plate days. Loop Aliens act like a very small belay plate...

Yup, that's exactly where i was having trouble, now to go and play with it!

MinnetonkaBoater
01-24-2017, 09:04
I can do it in my yard...then I forget. When one of you come up with a small set of flashcards (memory enhancers), send me a set.

Floridahanger
01-24-2017, 13:11
Those toggles were at sweet display at HangCon 2017. It was tested in some strong winds and those toggles and tarps worked wonderfully great. The Loop Aliens are pretty cool as well.

You have a wonderful display system and this system looked great. Those toggles seemed to be well worth the count, easy to use, and very simple to connect the tarp.

sr1355
01-24-2017, 17:27
Those toggles were at sweet display at HangCon 2017. It was tested in some strong winds and those toggles and tarps worked wonderfully great. The Loop Aliens are pretty cool as well.

You have a wonderful display system and this system looked great. Those toggles seemed to be well worth the count, easy to use, and very simple to connect the tarp.

HOLY COW!!!! It sure was windy during the early afternoons... I thought for sure we would lose a tarp or two to the winds but everything worked just fine. The winds sure tested the display as well as the tarps.

Zilla
01-26-2017, 15:28
Unfortunately these are all pre-made and a custom length is not an option.

What i and alot of other hangers do is carry a few extra lengths of either cont loops or dogbomes in a variety of differant sizes for whenever we run into an issue like this.
Sometimes i find i need just a foot or even less and having a dogbone to throw onto the end is a quick and easy solution.