PDA

View Full Version : WD Guyline Length

Brian Miller
01-26-2017, 23:50
I recently purchased a WD 12 with 4 pullouts to use with my Clark NX-250 on sale. What's a suggestion for guyline lengths. I haven't used or felt the need for a continuous ridgeline with my 10 ft Clark Vertex tarp. 10 feet on each end of the tarp has been more than adequate.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

winterbeard
01-29-2017, 00:36
About 4 to 6 feet for the down low side, and maybe 10 or 12, for using one side in porch mode.
( some folks use all the shorter lengths, and just carry some extra line, for when they want more of a view. )
Enjoy that setup. It sounds fun.

Zilla
01-29-2017, 17:28
I use 6 footers and carry a couple 6 foot dogbones to attach to the treking poles when i want to go into porch mode, it's allways handy to have extra lengths of dogbones with you anyway , they seem to come in very handy alot of the time.

Brian Miller
01-30-2017, 18:30
Cool, Thanks! I haven't had a chance to hang it yet but I am pre-making the guylines.

I made four 7' corner guylines with 10" inline shock cord tensioners that have about a foot of takeup, and two 6' dogbones.

For a WD12, about 42" of (stretched) shock cord with paracord side-release buckles for each door panel to tie them back and possibly close one door panel on each end?

What would work best for the 4 side pullouts to a pole and staked out to the side? Spectra cord, shock cord, a mix of both? Suggested length?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Zilla
01-31-2017, 14:25
For my 4 side pull outs to the exterior pole mod i use mini whoopies made out of zing it..