PDA

View Full Version : Asymmetrical Whipping!?!

Arkwater
10-21-2006, 20:45
I have been whipping some hammocks with a pre-set asymmetrical shape with some success. Has anyone else had any luck doing this? Does anyone know if there is any info on the web? If so, please post. Thanks, Arkwater

headchange4u
10-22-2006, 17:54
I have been whipping some hammocks with a pre-set asymmetrical shape with some success. Has anyone else had any luck doing this? Does anyone know if there is any info on the web? If so, please post. Thanks, Arkwater

What do you mean byt "pre-set asymmetrical shape"? Is there a pattern somewhere for an asymmetrical DIY hammock.

Just Jeff
10-22-2006, 18:00
Do you mean cutting the material like a trapezoid, then gathering so the end is a straight line? Or cutting on the fabric's bias? What do you mean by "success"...more room to lay flat? Details...we need details!

Arkwater
10-22-2006, 19:21
Give me a couple days and I will try to post some picks or drawings showing what I mean. If you are familiar with "W" whipping, its just a way to move the center crest of the "W" to one side. It makes more "bellows" or "loose fabric" to one side of the hammock. Not really sure how to explain, I will try to get some sort of visual for you.

Ghillieshot
06-02-2013, 08:49
Nice, I do believe that we have given you quit a few hundred days. :D Nah, it would be good to see this. Is it like Risks ul hammock?

Ghillieshot.

halfastronomical
06-02-2013, 09:04
Nice, I do believe that we have given you quit a few hundred days. :D Nah, it would be good to see this. Is it like Risks ul hammock?

Ghillieshot.

MWAHAHAHA! I was excited to see this, until I saw the date.
2400ish days ago! That is enough time to whip it good!