PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Fluffy Goodness Arrived!!!

DuneElliot
03-11-2017, 19:08
I got the shipping notification on Friday and my quilts arrived at the post office on Monday. Fast shipping, but not so great for me knowing they were sitting there and I couldn't pick them up until today...such torture!!! :scared:

Anyway, got to pick them up this morning and pulled them out of the box (they came in really nice cotton storage sacks) and let them fluff up for an hour or two. They are BEEEEAAAAAUUUUUTIFUL. I love the Moroccan Blue color, and the contrast between the bright blue and black is awesome.

So here they are, a 10* Carolina Reaper UQ in Charcoal Grey/Moroccan Blue and a 10* Ghost Pepper TQ in Black/Brilliant Blue.

I'm in an area where no one else hammocks and I'm not sure I hooked it all up to my hammock correctly. I know the angle is bad but it's the only place I could hang it inside right now. Let me know what I'm doing wrong. When I tighten up the secondary suspension the primary suspension seems to get awful loose; is this just because I have a bad angle, or am I tightening up the secondary suspension too much. Wyoming has almost no hangers so I'm trying to figure this out alone (with y'alls help of course).

Also, if anyone else has the extra pad attachments, how do you use them? Shock cord or something else?

danah.
03-11-2017, 20:02
It's a guess but it looks like your shock cord end cinch cords that close up the ends could be cinched up a bit. But you know you'll just have to try it and tweak it where needed, especially once you get out in some cold air. You will feel it if air is getting in and cooling you off. The beauty of it is the head end is easy to reach. Check out Shug's UQ videos, he steers us straight. Watch the way he manipulates the TQ too around and under shoulders. You'll be snug and asleep in seconds. Beautiful gear there.

DuneElliot
03-12-2017, 11:46
It's a guess but it looks like your shock cord end cinch cords that close up the ends could be cinched up a bit. But you know you'll just have to try it and tweak it where needed, especially once you get out in some cold air. You will feel it if air is getting in and cooling you off. The beauty of it is the head end is easy to reach. Check out Shug's UQ videos, he steers us straight. Watch the way he manipulates the TQ too around and under shoulders. You'll be snug and asleep in seconds. Beautiful gear there.

They were fairly snug. I didn't want to tighten too much to start with. The draft collars make the UQ look looser than it is I think.

georgecarr
03-12-2017, 12:01
I'm sure you'll find when your hammock is strung out properly it will be fine. We hang every quilt before it's packed to make sure everything looks good.

As far as the pad attachments, a piece of shockcord, a couple mitten clips and a toggle and your all set.We are actually working on a pad system for our topquilts that will be something better than just some shockcord. I'm sure we'll announce it when I'm satisfied with the design.

TrailSlug
03-12-2017, 12:02
I think they look like they are hung just about right and once you crawl in your will be set. Those sure are a pretty. Be sure to get out and report back on how well they keep you warm and how you like them our in the field.

DuneElliot
03-12-2017, 12:07
I'm sure you'll find when your hammock is strung out properly it will be fine. We hang every quilt before it's packed to make sure everything looks good.

Oh I'm sure...I have no doubt. The quality of work and materials is absolutely amazing. I'm just new to this and have no one to help me so relying on the good folks here to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I figured any issues are probably just the hang angle.

DuneElliot
03-12-2017, 12:08
I think they look like they are hung just about right and once you crawl in your will be set. Those sure are a pretty. Be sure to get out and report back on how well they keep you warm and how you like them our in the field.

Thanks for that. I think the color combinations turned out real pretty.

I already have my first trip planned, but it has to wait until the snow is gone in May!!! :-(

BigSkyGuy
03-13-2017, 13:47
Wow, those look great! :thumbup: