PDA

View Full Version : Strung out in chilly UK.

turnerminator
01-13-2010, 07:33
Hello to you all from near Peterborough in the UK.
Im a regular hanger on the windy and wet shores of the UK.
I have used a hammock since realising it is far superior in terms of comfort to my poor back than a lumpy floor. The first time i slept in a hammock, i got out feeling like I had been to the chiropractors. I usually sleep much better and more comfortably outside now than in and as such, forays into the mountains are seen to me as luxury. A comfy and warm nights sleep in my montbell, under the stars (snow, fog, ice, rain, wind and drizzle more like) in my hammock, with good coffee, good company, good camp fire and great scenery make life outside very special.
When im not in the mountains or spreading paint, wallpaper, plaster wood and filler over houses, im night fishing for big carp and i sleep on a fold out adjustable Nash fishing bed underneath a giant flat back umbrella.In 300+ nights out i have got cold and wet once when the wind was swinging thro 360 degrees, driving snow on top of a mountain with forgotten gloves, 3 simultaneously broken lighters, an onsetting virus and no bloody trees to tie my hammock to!

TOB9595
01-13-2010, 07:52
Ouch!

Welcome to the community....
Love the avatar
Tom

Shewie
01-13-2010, 09:07
Hi mate :)

mbiraman
01-13-2010, 09:29
Welcome to the forum.