PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone few ??

Bags4266
01-13-2010, 20:57
Just like to say hello to everyone. I am usually over at WB forum. Avid hiker, ground level. Looking into options for the Long Trail where its usually wet so hanging would work.
I've been creeping here for awhile and picking up some great info. My setup will most likely be a WBBB with a Speer winter Tarp.
My 2 questions are:
1) On the WBBB double layer hammock, is there a pocket between the two layers or is it sewn together?
2) Looking only for a low warmth temp of 40* , are ccf pads just fine for that or do I need under quilt setups which I rather not?
Thanks once again, Bags

SoundWitness
01-13-2010, 21:39
Bags;

Welcome to the Forum. Great place, great knowledge, great people! I am also a WB transplant, and happy to be on this site. My suggestion is that you read as many threads as you can....you will learn a tremendous amount!

BTW...are we Hunterdon County neighbors?:laugh:

cyokley
01-13-2010, 21:59
Welcome to the HF!

1) On the WBBB double layer hammock, is there a pocket between the two layers or is it sewn together?

I just ordered mine so I haven't actually seen it in person, but my understanding is they are not sewn together so you can put a pad or other insulation in there.

2) Looking only for a low warmth temp of 40* , are ccf pads just fine for that or do I need under quilt setups which I rather not?

I am not sure on this one...someone with a little more experience will have to chime in here.

Chris

SoundWitness
01-13-2010, 22:10
My 2 questions are:
Thanks once again, Bags

Sorry...totally overlooked your q's.

Yes, there is a pocket that a ccf pad can be slipped in. I find it a bit uncomfortable compared to a underquilt. But thats just me. I can get down to about the mid 40's with a blue Wal-Mart pad, but get better results and a more comfortable hang with the 3 season Yeti. I can also get down to about 35 degrees as well, and I am a cold sleeper. I go with a JRB Mt. Washington 4 to go colder.

Kukri
01-13-2010, 22:14
Pad should be fine for 40*.

Cannibal
01-13-2010, 22:19
Welcome to the Forum!
Yeah, a pad slides in the pocket of the Blackbirds very nicely. Actually, it makes pads bearable to sleep on, for me. 40F should be a piece of cake with some ccf. I've been colder than that with just a blue Walmart ccf pad; no problems. :cool:

41vi4
01-13-2010, 22:21
Hey Bags4266! Welcome to one of the best places on the Net!

opie
01-13-2010, 22:46
Welcome to HF!!

Bags4266
01-14-2010, 08:15
Thanks for the input everyone. Great site. I'll be lurking!!!

Cannibal
01-14-2010, 09:58
I'll be lurking!!!
Not allowed.
Once you've outed yourself, you're obligated to post random thoughts about hammocks. Da rules are da rules. :lol:

Shug
01-15-2010, 12:00
Hope you find what ya' need Bags4266.... Whooooo Buddy.
Shug