PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to play with my HH!

HandsomeRyan
06-23-2007, 05:53
it finally came in and i went over to my office (closest place i could think of with suitable trees) and set it up.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/94910b59.gif
heck yea!

i need to work on my knots and a little more practice on getting everything level but i'm stoked. i climbed in and i could tell it will be great for camping and hiking.

anyone who was "on the fence" about getting one- go for it. you won't be disappointed.

ShakeyLeggs
06-23-2007, 08:21
Welcome to the Hammock Hangin Mafia.

Peter_pan
06-23-2007, 09:12
HandsomeRyan,

Level is fine.... but practice getting the foot end about 2 inches higher than the head end... it will heep you from the common plight of sliding to the foot end and being scrunched a bit.

Pan

Shadowmoss
06-23-2007, 09:32
Welcome.

As for the whole foot-end-higher thing, play with it and find what is comfortable for you. Mine was hung with the feet a bit higher at the campout a few weekends ago, and it was uncomfortable to me to lay that way. Then again, I tend to want my feet angled to the left of my shoulders instead of to the right, total opposite of what everyone (including the HH asym hammocks) else does. I even got into Jeff's Warbonnet hammock backwards initially going on what felt right to me.

Play around and find what works.

FanaticFringer
06-23-2007, 16:13
it finally came in and i went over to my office (closest place i could think of with suitable trees) and set it up.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h170/HandsomeRyan/94910b59.gif
heck yea!

i need to work on my knots and a little more practice on getting everything level but i'm stoked. i climbed in and i could tell it will be great for camping and hiking.

anyone who was "on the fence" about getting one- go for it. you won't be disappointed.

When you get tired of that knot (Hennessy lashing) check out the ring/buckle set-up. Wow, almost 18,000 views:
www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=565&highlight=buckle

LakeTrek
03-24-2010, 22:04
The big drawback with camping (for me) was sleeping on the ground. LOVE my hammock. Comfortable, easy on the back -- especially important after hiking 15 miles with a heavy pack -- and easy to set up/take down. I'm going to do more long hikes now that I have my asym from Hennessy. Last year, I hiked 1,019 miles, all the way around Lake Michigan. Quite the adventure. http://LakeTrek.Blogspot.com

Randy
03-24-2010, 22:08
Dawg, you are gonna love this stuff.....congradulations.

Throkda
03-25-2010, 13:40
I've hung it a few times without the foot being higher than the head -- I didn't really feel scrunched, but I did notice that I would tend to end up right by the entry slit, and a whole lot of room above my head (so much so that I had to stretch while lying down and could just barely reach the top corner) -- I'm 6'4", and mine's the Explorer model. If I hang the foot end a bit higher, I'm fully on the material, not on the slit, and thus more comfortable.