PDA

View Full Version : Canada > Ont > Killarney PP - La Cloche Loop - hangable sites?

paulsonsca
04-06-2017, 12:34
Going up with a group of guys (2 Hammocks, and 2 Tents) for the first week of May for the first time.

I see from previous posts that people have done the loop with hammocks, but I was wondering if there were any sites that a couple of hangers should avoid?
I've had a couple of sites at Algonquin that were less than ideal and while not impossible to set up a hammock if I'd known ahead of time I would have picked another site.

The rough plan was H8, H21, H33, H37 or 38, H48 or 49

Thanks for any tips!

biggy
04-06-2017, 13:19
You shouldn't have a problem. Of those sites I've been on 21,33 and 48 and was no problem for two hammocks. 6 and 46 work as well.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

ps22285
04-11-2017, 12:57
Get ready for epicness!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Lofty
04-17-2017, 07:32
Going up with a group of guys (2 Hammocks, and 2 Tents) for the first week of May for the first time.

I see from previous posts that people have done the loop with hammocks, but I was wondering if there were any sites that a couple of hangers should avoid?
I've had a couple of sites at Algonquin that were less than ideal and while not impossible to set up a hammock if I'd known ahead of time I would have picked another site.

The rough plan was H8, H21, H33, H37 or 38, H48 or 49

Thanks for any tips!

If you haven't already reserved - DO IT NOW !

as for hanging on the loop, I've yet to have a site that I could hang at, yes some were a little less than Ideal , but most of the sites are in the valleys and there is a good selection of trees there

Now back to my original line, Killarney books fast, I just booked my trip for the 1st weekend of MAY , and in the hour I called to check availability and when I called back to book sites were gone :{ which is OK as I'm not really fussy - I don't mind an extra few KM in a day !

I'm heading in May 6-8 and doing the loop ( yes , All in 3 days! but I've done it before ) this time I might add silver peak on Day 2, it will add 4KM ( they say 2 hours ) but I'll just wait to see the weather.

On May 6 I'm at H20 / May 7 H38

Cheers