PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea......

cooldays
01-23-2010, 20:13
I haven't found much use for the pockets on my clark. Maybe summer time I will find them useful. Don't misunderstand...I love it so far!

But....what do you think about stuffing them with insultex? I will try it.

I can try nice even layers. Or I can try random stuffing. I was thinking 3 layers worth to try first.

what do you think?

hangnout
01-23-2010, 20:21
I bet used with your UQ that would work well. The UQ would hold the Insultex in place. Adjust the UQ where the shockcords barely hold it against hammock and it should not compress the Insultex

srestrepo
01-23-2010, 20:23
i went hiking with this guy who just keeps ziplocks in his pockets. he would fill the ziplocks with his breath and then just put that under his hammock. he said it worked pretty good. if you already have the insultex, but if you can save a couple of bucks, try this out. i'm not taking any credit for this but that dude was awesome, you know who you are!

MacEntyre
01-24-2010, 08:02
I agree with hangnout, but you should try it anyway... might be great for summer, and who know? it might be great with an UQ in winter!

Maybe line your UQ and stuff your pockets!

lonetracker
01-25-2010, 19:13
i think you should go out and try your clark,stuffing the pockets with wool or fleece.i think you might be surprised at how well it will keep you warm.i do not know anything about insultex,but try it worse that can happen is you get a little cold.
i have slept out at least 35 times in my clark in 30 degf weather down to 10degf.i have never used an uq,foam pad,or anything but a sleeping bag and stuffed pockets.the pockets work give them a try.

AhNuts
01-26-2010, 09:30
I just stuff mine with crumpled up Kraft paper. Worked fine.

John

NCPatrick
01-26-2010, 09:38
You could do what RAW did and commission someone to make you some down pillows to fill the pockets (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7058)...