PDA

View Full Version : Saver Series Back For A Limited Time

georgecarr
07-04-2017, 10:17
I'm bringing the Saver Series Serrano and Habanero back for a limited time. Could be a week, could be a month,who knows. Since these quilts are already bare bones pricing they will NOT be included in the anniversary sale.

SAVER SERIES (http://www.locolibregear.com/gear.html#!/Saver-Series-Economy-Quilts/c/23491034/offset=0&sort=normal)

JmBoh
07-04-2017, 10:20
:thumbup1:

Trail Troll
07-04-2017, 18:35
:boggle: That's awesome!!! :boggle:

Benchmark
07-04-2017, 19:06
Thanks George! I was pricing a regular Serrano with the sale and decided to pull the trigger on the Saver version with this news! The countdown starts now! :woot:

Fingers crossed too on the giveaway!

lilbear
07-04-2017, 22:30
Hey George! What are the major differences between your saver series and regular series (aside from obvious cost, only 800 down)? Maybe I'm just having a moment, but I'm not seeing much!

Intimidator
07-05-2017, 05:03
Hey George! What are the major differences between your saver series and regular series (aside from obvious cost, only 800 down)? Maybe I'm just having a moment, but I'm not seeing much!
Uses a heavier, cheaper fabric as well.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

georgecarr
07-05-2017, 05:51
Uses a heavier, cheaper fabric as well.

Not cheaper in quality though. Ion is 1.1 oz/yd as opposed to Argon which is .9 oz/yd, so only slightly heavier.

Intimidator
07-05-2017, 06:07
Of course! I just meant literally it costs less, so the consumer can get a better price. If I wasn't a gram weenie, I would absolutely have one of these.

kitsapcowboy
07-05-2017, 06:46
Uses a heavier, cheaper fabric as well.I have slept a few nights now in my 40F Saver Series Serrano; it performs very well (as we've had overnight lows below 50F since I received it), and the 1.1 oz Ion is sturdy and breathable with an excellent feel to the finish. My 80" wide quilt is made from approximately 7.2 square yards of the "cheap" fabric, so you're right that it is about 40 grams heavier than if it had been made with 0.9 oz shells, but the sale price of my expertly made, superbly performing Saver Series quilt was, quite literally, less than if I had bought the individual components to DIY one (especially with 0.9 oz shells and 850FP down), so George has my respect and thanks for spec'ing his economy quilts so nicely. I will gladly live with the "weight penalty" on such an excellent value.

Intimidator
07-05-2017, 06:48
I agree LLG makes a great product. I was just trying to answer the question simply. The fabric is technically heavier and lower-cost than the other options. I didn't mean "cheap" as in low quality, but literally just a lower price. I'm eying the operator series quite heavily.

kitsapcowboy
07-05-2017, 07:03
I agree LLG makes a great product. I was just trying to answer the question simply. The fabric is technically heavier and lower-cost than the other options...That's cool. I was simply striving to clarify the relative terms "cheaper" and "heavier" with additional practical information to help inform people's choices.

Intimidator
07-05-2017, 07:04
That's cool. I was simply striving to clarify the relative terms "cheaper" and "heavier" with additional practical information to better inform people's choices.
No problem. Don't want any confusion

georgecarr
07-05-2017, 07:17
No problem. Don't want any confusion

Ha, no worries.

Benji
07-05-2017, 08:59
I use the term "cost efficient" to describe items that have a lower price point but still maintain some quality. Cheap is when they pull out all the stops & create a bargain basement product that would be found in "Mr Lee's House of Value". Yes, ion is cheaper, but so many people that hear that think in terms of quality, not cost.
Benji

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Intimidator
07-05-2017, 09:23
I use the term "cost efficient" to describe items that have a lower price point but still maintain some quality. Cheap is when they pull out all the stops & create a bargain basement product that would be found in "Mr Lee's House of Value". Yes, ion is cheaper, but so many people that hear that think in terms of quality, not cost.
Benji

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was completely my fault. Hopefully it is all cleared up now. My bad!!!!!