PDA

View Full Version : Kam Snap size

scrope
09-06-2017, 21:06
I'm working on a top quilt and I've almost finished it. I was thinking about adding snaps to close the top into a collar (with drawstring) but I don't have enough experience with snaps to make a good decision as to size.

I was thinking about using plastic Kam Snaps because they are plastic (lighter, hopefully less cold on skin) and Kam Snaps seem to have a good reputation for holding securely.

What size should I use?

Eidson
09-06-2017, 21:15
I've only used #20, but they've worked for all the uses I've needed them for, including top quilt snaps. They hold well and work as expected.
Being unfamiliar with the actual use of other sizes, I honestly wouldn't be opposed to using a slightly smaller size if I had them. The 20s aren't too large by any means, but I think a slightly smaller size would be nice if they held as well.

Grumpy Squatch
09-08-2017, 00:12
I used a few #20s to help keep the Velcro footbox of one of my topquilts closed. Worked fine and have held up for more than a year. See https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/129871-Velcro-on-Owyhee?p=1683068&viewfull=1#post1683068 for my post with a picture.