PDA

View Full Version : Underquilt Protector Questions- Difference between Argon 90/Multicam Quantam

Draketake
09-10-2017, 19:14
Morning all,

New to this hammock game. Trying to figure some things out.

I am debating getting a 2QZQ Underquilt Protector. What is the difference between the Argon 90 and the Multicam Quantam Fabrics? Is one more breathable and/or durable than the other?

Once purchased, how do I tell which side of the UQP fabric faces up, and which side of the fabric faces the ground? I want to put it on correctly so that I can maximize the protection of the quilt?

Thank you for the help.

Bob

TrailSlug
09-10-2017, 19:54
It's not morning here but the Multicam Quantum is just a heavier Nylon material. If memory serves me correctly the shiny side is the side that goes against the quilt but to be honest I'm not sure it would really matter.

2Questions
09-10-2017, 20:25
Morning all,

I am debating getting a 2QZQ Underquilt Protector. What is the difference between the Argon 90 and the Multicam Quantam Fabrics? Is one more breathable and/or durable than the other?

Once purchased, how do I tell which side of the UQP fabric faces up, and which side of the fabric faces the ground? I want to put it on correctly so that I can maximize the protection of the quilt?

Thank you for the help.

Bob

Hi Bob,
Donna here...I sent you an email from our home address Thursday with a phone number to call me. Please check your junk folder. If you do not find it, please send us a PM and I will give you my phone number to call.
Thank you,
Donna

1-Hung-Low
09-10-2017, 20:40
I would be interested in these answers

2Questions
09-10-2017, 22:31
Morning all,

Thank you for the help.

Bob

I would be interested in these answers

Basically the only difference between both the fabrics is the weight.

With the Argon, one side is a bit more shinny than the other...the shinny side is the inside, thus against the underquilt.

With the Multicam, the print on the good side is a bit clearer. The inside does have a little bit of a shin, but not as much as the Argon.

With both fabrics, the way the shock cord channels are sewn will also let you know which side is the good side, and which is the inside.

Any other quesions, please let me know.
Thank you,
Donna

1-Hung-Low
09-10-2017, 22:57
Thank you Donna.

Draketake
09-11-2017, 08:42
That works. Thank you Donna and Thank You Trailslug.

I didnt see the email Donna. Ill check again to see if I got it, but I think my questions got answered right here.

Thanks again. I hope to order from you, in the very near future.

Be safe.

2Questions
09-11-2017, 08:50
You are very welcome to both of you!
Donna

hangingmedic
09-14-2017, 15:23
Does the UQP protect against rain or water getting to a down underquilt? Just curious.

grubbster
09-14-2017, 15:32
Does the UQP protect against rain or water getting to a down underquilt? Just curious.

They are not waterproof, just water resistant. They will protect from splash.

2Questions
09-14-2017, 15:55

They are not waterproof, just water resistant. They will protect from splash.

The fabric used for the UQPs is water and wind resistant. If it were waterproof...thus non-breathable, you would have condensation issues.
Donna

orangehero
11-21-2017, 01:28
If I remember correctly these used to be made with Multicam Epsilon. What is the difference between Multicam Epsilon and Multicam Quantum?

2Questions
11-21-2017, 07:49
If I remember correctly these used to be made with Multicam Epsilon. What is the difference between Multicam Epsilon and Multicam Quantum?

Same fabric...different manufacturer. The new company changed the name.
Donna

Draketake
12-29-2017, 11:33
Hey Donna. Happy Holidays.

My wife ordered my UQP, from you all, all last night.

Thanks again for answering all my questions.

Cant wait.

Bob

2Questions
12-29-2017, 21:04
Hey Donna. Happy Holidays.

My wife ordered my UQP, from you all, all last night.

Thanks again for answering all my questions.

Cant wait.

Bob

You are very welcome! :)
Donna

electbc
12-30-2017, 11:53
Do you have any pictures of a UQP on a WB RR? I am ready to order one but wish to see a picture of it fitted.
Thank You
Bruce

2Questions
12-30-2017, 13:27
Do you have any pictures of a UQP on a WB RR? I am ready to order one but wish to see a picture of it fitted.
Thank You
Bruce

I don't think so. Check out this link. https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62030 There are two "here"s in green with links for information when we designed the Bridge UQP. There are pics using a JRB Bridge.
Donna

electbc
12-30-2017, 15:18
Thank you, I have an idea on how it fits, I ordered one.

2Questions
12-30-2017, 15:22
Thank you, I have an idea on how it fits, I ordered one.

Yes...just received it!
Thank you!
Happy New Year!
Donna

Draketake
01-18-2018, 16:45
Donna,

Got my UQP last Saturday. Thank you so much for answering my questions.

It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Bob