PDA

View Full Version : Hot Springs, NC Hang 23-25 April, 2010

Pages : [1] 2

NotToWorry
02-01-2010, 10:33
Join us for the next Hot Springs NC hang on the weekend of April 23-25, 2010. Once again we will be gathering beside the French Broad River on the edge of the small town of Hot Springs. Our campout here last September drew 50 hammockers & we hope this one will equally be well attended. For more information on the campground, town, & driving directions: http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Articles/HotSpringsApr10.htm

As usual we'll hold the silent auction Saturday afternoon, followed by the hot dog roast.

While signing up isn't required, doing so will help us make plans---Just respond to this post & I'll start a list.

See ya in HS!

trigger hurt
02-01-2010, 10:58
I'll be there. Can't wait!

Ewker
02-01-2010, 10:59
a little early for me to say yes right now but I will keep watching this thread

RAW
02-01-2010, 11:25
It's marked on my calendar.:D

Hooch
02-01-2010, 11:25
I think that Dancer and I will make it a point to attend. Hopefully, the SEHHA and MAHHA hangs won't conflict with each other so I can get back up to MD and finish the last little section I need from Crampton Gap to Harpers Ferry. :thumbup:

NCPatrick
02-01-2010, 11:44
I'm planning to be there and will hopefully bring daughters 1 and 2. D1 and D2?

MacEntyre
02-01-2010, 12:19
Thing1 and I will be there... with any luck, Smiling Face and IronK will be there as well!

We'll get the adjacent site, again, so folks can spread out a bit.

- MacEntyre

Rockdawg69
02-01-2010, 12:22
Could be there if my AT hike across VA falls through (RCBF - Remote Control By Family). Anybody up for venison sausage or venison burgers???

sir_n0thing
02-01-2010, 22:49
This is the Big One that I'm hoping to attend this year. It's a heck of a long drive from Madison, WI... might look into a plane, train or bus ride. :)

PuckerFactor
02-02-2010, 01:29
This was my first ever HF hang last year, and I plan on attending this year as well!

Acer

shrek
02-02-2010, 06:19
Count me in, again.

Hangin' Burrito
02-02-2010, 06:39
Had a GREAT time last fall!!

I'll see ya' there, Ed!:D:thumbup1:

Running Feather
02-02-2010, 07:54
Count me in ;)

hang um high
02-02-2010, 07:58
Count me in.

WV
02-02-2010, 09:07
I'll be there unless my niece decides to get married that weekend.:D

lazyboy
02-02-2010, 09:54
Count me in!!!

NotToWorry
02-02-2010, 10:04
Hot Springs, NC April 23-25, 2010 Attendee List Updated 2Feb10
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 25
Maybes: 8

NotToWorry
Pog
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
D1 (?)
D2 (?)
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
sherk
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WVhammockmaker
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Nighteyes and Macbeth + 3 kids
Trugracie + son

This list will be updated &/or reposted as often as needed.
Karen & I look forward to seeing everyone at Hot Springs in April. Everyone is welcome--hammockers, want-a-bees, DIYers, families, kids, dogs; even tenters will be tolerated. :D Signing up isn't required, but it gives us a good idea of how many hot dogs to bring! Let me know if you want your name added or removed from this list. Post a reply here or email me at: [email protected]

MacEntyre
02-02-2010, 10:07
My sister, AntiKate, will be there with Stock. They will be daytripping from Hendersonville.

ricegravy
02-02-2010, 16:04
Oh! I'm off that weekend, count me in!
I had a great time last time (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=1800666&albumId=2173575)!

-Ricegravy!

MacEntyre
02-02-2010, 18:25
Anybody know of a hotel in Hot Springs with a ground floor room, near the campground?

- MacEntyre

nighteyes
02-02-2010, 18:31
Nighteyes and Macbeth(Wife) and Three kids will be there. She's not into hammocks yet. So this is a chance for her to try out diffenent hammocks and get to meet alot of Great people. WalksinDark will try to come too. See you all there.

Trugracie
02-02-2010, 19:00
Add my boy and I to the list please.

CapitalBill
02-02-2010, 19:12
Thoroughly enjoyed the last one, count me in for this one! :D

hang um high
02-02-2010, 19:49
Anybody know of a hotel in Hot Springs with a ground floor room, near the campground?

- MacEntyre

http://www.nchotsprings.com/nc-hot-springs-resort-lodging.html#4

The Hot Springs Resort and Spa is very close and has some ground floor rooms. My wife and I stayed there for a couple of nights last fall. It is OK, not the Ritz. They have a variety of room options.

There are also some B & B's in and near town.

The closest chain motel is the Comfort Inn in Mars Hill which is 30 minutes away.

CapitalBill
02-02-2010, 20:42

- MacEntyre

The Iron Horse Station?

eagleJ
02-02-2010, 20:44

- MacEntyre

The campground has some small cabins they rent, some have bathrooms

Hooch
02-02-2010, 20:48

- MacEntyre

Mac, the Alpine Court Motel is in town and had ground floor rooms. It's closer to the diner than the campground, but it's an ooption. I'm not sure if the Iron Horse, Rock Bottom or the Hot Springs Spa have ground level room accomodations or not.

Muskrat
02-02-2010, 21:07
I will try to see if I can convince my family to come up for this hang. My wife and 2 daughters just got hammocks for Christmas and are looking for a good opportunity to break them in. 4 possibles here.

eflat7
02-02-2010, 23:12
Count me in. Im going to do my absolute best to make it.

Trugracie
02-03-2010, 00:28
Oh! I'm off that weekend, count me in!
I had a great time last time (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=1800666&albumId=2173575)!

-Ricegravy!

Heck yeah Rice!
I've been wanting to meet you. I tried to make it to your last Congaree hang, but I ended up working the weekend.
Look forward to meet you, among others.

BigRigRed
02-07-2010, 11:35
If we can swing it, Twinkles and I will be there.

sir White Wolf
02-07-2010, 13:09
Count me in
You know Ill be there lol

NotToWorry
02-07-2010, 14:31
Hot Springs, NC April 23-25, 2010 Hammock Hang
Attendee List Updated 8Feb10
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 27
Maybes: 14

NotToWorry
Pog
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
D1 (?)
D2 (?)
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WVhammockmaker
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
Muskrat + 3 (?)
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf

Karen & I look forward to seeing everyone at Hot Springs in April. Everyone is welcome--hammockers, want-a-bees, DIYers, families, kids, dogs; even tenters will be tolerated. Signing up isn't required, but it gives us a good idea of how many hot dogs to bring! Let me know if you want your name added or removed from this list. Post a reply here or email me at: [email protected]

trigger hurt
02-07-2010, 17:48
Ed, do you need someone to start the breakfast signup spread sheet?

Hogg Tyed
02-07-2010, 18:57
Did I hear someone mention liver mush?

Count me in...

ricegravy
02-07-2010, 19:06
Oh! I haven't had a chance to try liver mush yet! *excited*

-Ricegravy!

NotToWorry
02-08-2010, 09:55
Ed, do you need someone to start the breakfast signup spread sheet?

Yes fulminated---thanks for the reminder. We'll have a group breakfast Saturday morning & everyone is invited. Those wishing to bring food & drinks to share are encourged to do so. We'll also need cook stoves, folding tables, plates, utensiles & volunteer cooks. Fulminated are you willing to coordinate for us this time?

trigger hurt
02-08-2010, 10:03
Yes fulminated---thanks for the reminder. We'll have a group breakfast Saturday morning & everyone is invited. Those wishing to bring food & drinks to share are encourged to do so. We'll also need cook stoves, folding tables, plates, utensiles & volunteer cooks. Fulminated are you willing to coordinate for us this time?

I'll see if I can find an older copy of the file, clean it up and I'll host it. Other than that, I'm not sure what is needed for coordinating. Link provided shortly.

Attendees: Here is the link for the Saturday, April 24 2010 Breakfast Sign Up Sheet

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tq7txrrMo9ckQqOBiVhmioA

Hangin' Burrito
02-14-2010, 06:22
Is anyone coming in on Thursday?

Hogg Tyed
02-14-2010, 07:54
I will have to see how much vacation time I have free. I might come early

Running Feather
02-14-2010, 08:30

I feel a hike coming on............

Trugracie
02-14-2010, 13:33
Hey guys, I'm wanting to bring some seasoned chicken to throw on a grill for a group Saturday lunch, however, all I have is a huge gas grill.
Does anybody have a charcoal grill, or grate to put on the fire to cook on?
Do you think 20lb is enough?
Would anybody be willing to help out with some sides?

Suggestions:
Potato salad
Pasta salad

Either that, or I can make some Menudo for a Saturday Dinner!

CapitalBill
02-14-2010, 13:58

I might be able to make it there on Thursday, I'll know for sure a bit closer to April.

MacEntyre
02-14-2010, 14:34
I'll see if my sister can bring her gas camp grill.

She won't be there until Saturday morning. Were you planning to grill chicken on Saturday night?

Trugracie
02-14-2010, 15:00
She won't be there until Saturday morning. Were you planning to grill chicken on Saturday night?

No Mac, I was actually shooting for a Saturday lunch.
I'm thinking of buying one of those big grates with legs to put over the fire. You got to figure, 20lb is a lot of chicken, and I don't want people to be waiting too long for food.
I've been wanting to get a Webber charcoal grill, this just might be my excuse to get one. :D

BEAS
02-14-2010, 15:37
I'll be through there a day late. I will be on my annual AT section hike. Wont be there untill the 26th. We will be at the campsite just outside therer the night before.

BEAS

PuckerFactor
02-15-2010, 06:01
I'll be bringing a few tubs of potato salad.

Acer

trigger hurt
02-15-2010, 06:25
Hey guys, I'm wanting to bring some seasoned chicken to throw on a grill for a group Saturday lunch, however, all I have is a huge gas grill.
Do you think 20lb is enough?
Would anybody be willing to help out with some sides?

Suggestions:
Potato salad
Pasta salad

Either that, or I can make some Menudo for a Saturday Dinner!

Before you go to all of the trouble, realize that saturday is the morning for the group breakfast and the hot dog roast hosted by Speer Hammocks. Lots of people will be off to parts unknown, day hikes, relaxing.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but please check the group breakfast list before starting another group meal. And if I can convince my ride to haul it up, I'll bring a piece of perforated stainless about 3 x 2 to put over the fire.

Hangin' Burrito
02-15-2010, 06:30
I feel a hike coming on............

I thought you were going to ride to HS with me!:lol::lol::rolleyes:

hang um high
02-15-2010, 08:06
saturday is the morning for the group breakfast

I would like to bring a few dozen fresh eggs from my free range chickens if that is OK.

peanuts
02-15-2010, 08:49
fresh eggs, ummm ummm yummmmy. don't need to be refrigerated....

trigger hurt
02-15-2010, 09:21
I would like to bring a few dozen fresh eggs from my free range chickens if that is OK.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tq7txrrMo9ckQqOBiVhmioA

That is the sign up list for the morning breakfast. I believe that Ed will still be bringing the coffee percolators.

hang um high
02-15-2010, 09:59
I see that Trugracie is already on the list for eggs :crying, so let me give plan "b" some thought.

Did I mention that some of my chickens lay blue eggs? :D

trigger hurt
02-15-2010, 13:50
You just bring those eggs on and I'll tradeya a pint jar of my own peach jam

TZBrown
02-15-2010, 13:59
I can't say for sure yet, but if all goes well I might be able to make it.

I would love to meet all of you but as of yet none of the gatherings have matched up.

Possibly 2, if the wife can get the time off.

hang um high
02-15-2010, 15:18
You just bring those eggs on and I'll tradeya a pint jar of my own peach jam

It's a deal.

OldnSlow
02-15-2010, 20:37
I am finally going to make a hang, from only a little ways away....like 2500 miles. My job is done as of March 31, and I am getting an early retirement buy-out so, I thought I might as well attend both the Hot Springs Hang, and the MAHA, as they are on two different weekends. See you all there. I signed up for the usual bachelor stuff, like plates, knives, forks, etc. I might be able to bring some local delicacy, like kulbasa.

OldnSlow
aka John

trigger hurt
02-15-2010, 21:12
I am finally going to make a hang, from only a little ways away....like 2500 miles. My job is done as of March 31, and I am getting an early retirement buy-out so, I thought I might as well attend both the Hot Springs Hang, and the MAHA, as they are on two different weekends. See you all there. I signed up for the usual bachelor stuff, like plates, knives, forks, etc. I might be able to bring some local delicacy, like kulbasa.

OldnSlow
aka John

Great to hear. Looking forward to it.

PuckerFactor
02-15-2010, 21:41

OldnSlow
aka John

Last year we had Shadowmoss grace us with her presence all the way from Washington state! Looking forward to meeting you!

Acer

Trugracie
02-15-2010, 23:21
Before you go to all of the trouble, realize that saturday is the morning for the group breakfast and the hot dog roast hosted by Speer Hammocks. Lots of people will be off to parts unknown, day hikes, relaxing.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but please check the group breakfast list before starting another group meal. And if I can convince my ride to haul it up, I'll bring a piece of perforated stainless about 3 x 2 to put over the fire.

Woops!
I guess I didn't actually read all the info.:blush:
In that case, I'll just bring some Menudo for Friday/Saturday night if anybody cares for some.
Thanks for pointing that out.

OldnSlow
02-16-2010, 00:57
Thanks so much for the welcome. It will be a special two weekends in a row!

Hangin' Burrito
02-16-2010, 06:44
Last year we had Shadowmoss grace us with her presence all the way from Washington state! Looking forward to meeting you!

Acer

Welcome, welcome, the more the merrier!:D
I've never heard of anyone going home from a hang and saying," That wasn't worth it.";)

Sweetpea
02-16-2010, 11:11
awww man..... I'll be missing this hang this year :(
Planning a week long section AT hike during this week with hubby and dogs. Have fun everyone! I'll catch you all at the next one.

aBRG2far
02-16-2010, 12:26
First timer, my Blackbird is ordered so I plan to come. I also mentioned to a friend of mine who is also interested. He's the winter caretaker of Mt LeConte lodge in the Great Smoky Mts Nat Park. The lodge will be open then but he's going to try and come down for the hang. Here's his site if interested http://www.lifeonleconte.com/life-on-leconte-blog.html

ricegravy
02-17-2010, 10:26
Bring your baithing suits.
Don't make me the only one playing around in the French Broad River!!!

-Ricegravy!

trigger hurt
02-17-2010, 10:57
Bring your baithing suits.
Don't make me the only one playing around in the French Broad River!!!

-Ricegravy!

I won't forget my towel, either.

Dameon
02-17-2010, 12:33
well right now i'm not real sure what i am going to do, we already had plans for vacation that weekend before this showed up and we were going to be headed through NC, so we might be stopping in for a night or two, i guess we'll see.

Hangin' Burrito
02-17-2010, 13:48
First timer, my Blackbird is ordered so I plan to come. I also mentioned to a friend of mine who is also interested. He's the winter caretaker of Mt LeConte lodge in the Great Smoky Mts Nat Park. The lodge will be open then but he's going to try and come down for the hang. Here's his site if interested http://www.lifeonleconte.com/life-on-leconte-blog.html

Running Feather & I hiked that trail up to the lodge last April, that is a tough climb. We actually got passed by the guy who hikes the Alpackas with supplies up!:eek::laugh:

CapitalBill
02-17-2010, 16:10
Running Feather & I hiked that trail up to the lodge last April, that is a tough climb. We actually got passed by the guy who hikes the Alpackas with supplies up!:eek::laugh:

For some odd reason the mental picture of a Sherpa doing arm curls with a loaded pack comes to mind. :lol: Maybe I'm remembering some funny story I heard once?

hang um high
02-17-2010, 16:10

I am reasonably certain those pack animals would have been llamas and not alpacas. Either way, they are very cool creatures.

I have a llama and have had alpacas. Alpacas are too small to be used as pack animals, at least I have never heard of anyone doing so.

In the picture on the left are Alpacas Ricky and Desi, sadly they are no longer with us. On the right is me and Whinwhin the llama. I'm standing, he's sitting :D.

aBRG2far
02-17-2010, 19:49

Thats Trillium Gap one of five ways up. I was staying up there as a working guest one day this past year when the llama train pulled in. The llama guy told us that for a week he smelled something really bad on one section of the trail but this time he stopped to look for the source. Turned out that a week earlier a horse broke its leg on the trail so someone put the animal down and rolled it off the side of the mountain. So he finds it down the bank with a huge bear eating it.

Hangin' Burrito
02-18-2010, 06:27
Are you kidding me?!!! That's incredible. You can't make that up. Wow!:eek:

sir White Wolf
02-18-2010, 14:31
Add 2 to my RSVP
Pawfoot and my new girlfriend Dianna

Man I cant wait, I need to get away for a bit and have some fun :D

NotToWorry
02-18-2010, 15:02
Attendee List Updated 18Feb10
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 31
Maybes: 20

NotToWorry
Pog
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
D1 (?)
D2 (?)
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WVhammockmaker
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
Muskrat + 3 (?)
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
Beas
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far (?) + 1 (?)
Dameon (?) + 1 (?)

Karen & I look forward to seeing everyone at Hot Springs in April. Everyone is welcome--hammockers, want-a-bees, DIYers, families, kids, dogs; even tenters will be tolerated. Signing up isn't required, but it gives us a good idea of how many hot dogs to bring! Let me know if you want your name added or removed from this list. Post a reply here or email me at: [email protected]

WalksInDark
02-22-2010, 21:52
If anyone is bringing a bridge hammock or switchback, I would love to try it.

leftheavy
02-23-2010, 07:06
Here's hoping for less rain than last fall.

ricegravy
02-23-2010, 08:08
I thought it only rained for like 20-30 min?

-Ricegravy!

Dameon
02-23-2010, 08:11
I thought it only rained for like 20-30 min?

-Ricegravy!

He said last FALL, you went last SPRING :D

ricegravy
02-23-2010, 08:22
My bad, I need to go to sleep. See you all in Hot Spings LOL!

-Ricegravy!

Darby
02-23-2010, 10:43

I will be there for sure, and you are more than welcome to try the Switchback.

Cheers, Dale

trigger hurt
02-23-2010, 14:38

I'll be bringing my BMBH with slightly modified suspension.

Here's hoping for less rain than last fall.

Here's hoping I don't leave with a hole in the bottom of my foot.

peanuts
02-23-2010, 18:20
ed, you can put a ? next to my name:mellow:since every time i plan this far ahead something happens..............

Hogg Tyed
02-24-2010, 05:42
Count me in Ed.

Grinder
02-24-2010, 12:05
I'm hiking The Smokies this year and leaving from Nantahala Outdoor Center on or about the 4th of April. I'm not a speed merchant so I may get to Hot Springs (my end point) at the time of your belly rub. I hope it works out that I'm there.

Hangin' Burrito
02-25-2010, 06:08
Ahhh....hangin' again in Hot Springs with good friends and a weekend of fun. Looking forward to it already!:D

Thanks for hosting this again Ed.;)

Running Feather
02-25-2010, 06:21
Ahhh....hangin' again in Hot Springs with good friends and a weekend of fun. Looking forward to it already!:D

Thanks for hosting this again Ed.;)

What he said. http://www.smileyarena.net/download.aspx?id=3653

WrongTurn
02-26-2010, 01:46
I was going to try and makes it this year, but had a double blow out on my car this month. Won't be able to get the gear together by then. See ya'll next year. :)

MacEntyre
02-26-2010, 06:35
Hot Springs is semi-annual. See you next fall!

WrongTurn
02-26-2010, 09:17
I forgot about that. Next fall it is.

Darby
02-26-2010, 09:55
Hot Springs is semi-annual. See you next fall!

Have you forgotten about the June Hang ? :scared:

NotToWorry
02-26-2010, 14:33
Attendee List Updated 26Feb10
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 32
Maybes: 22

NotToWorry
Pog (?)
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
D1 (?)
D2 (?)
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WVhammockmaker
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
Muskrat + 3 (?)
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
Beas
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far (?) + 1 (?)
Dameon (?) + 1 (?)
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)

WrongTurn
03-03-2010, 22:09
You can add me as a possible plus 1. It depends on whether or not I can scrounge up the change for a top and bottom quilt by then.

Muskrat
03-04-2010, 21:20
Sorry Ed and everyone else . . . but we are going to have to bail out on this adventure this time. My wife is scheduled to work that weekend at the hospital and we were hoping that she would have it off.

We will hope to make the fall hang. Hope you guys have a great time.

Muskrat (+3)

iggy
03-04-2010, 21:40
Hey Ed,
Don't forget to put me down and with one guest. Thanks and looking forward to it!

----Iggy--

trigger hurt
03-05-2010, 08:10
Everyone who is planning to be in attendance, please take a look at the sign up sheet for the Saturday AM group breakfast.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjtqXAXQ3h0idHE3dHhyck1vOWNrUXFPQmlWaG1pb 0E&hl=en

Darby
03-05-2010, 08:43
I just put myself down for 4 pounds of Maple cured bacon (thick sliced). I just hope I wake up in time for it :scared::scared::scared:

NCPatrick
03-05-2010, 08:52
I put down that I would bring some Moravian Sugar Cake(s).

AG, who usually comes with me, has a Girl Scout camp that weekend but wants to come with me instead. I can't get too upset with her about that now, can I? :p

Still planning to bring AG and one other dear daughter (DD).

WV
03-05-2010, 12:12
Ed,
I may have missed it in all the posts, but is there a spreadsheet signup for the Saturday evening potluck, or are you going to do a loaves-and-fishes and feed the multitudes?
Can you change my screen name in the attendees list to just "WV"? Thanks.

trigger hurt
03-05-2010, 12:38
Ed,
I may have missed it in all the posts, but is there a spreadsheet signup for the Saturday evening potluck, or are you going to do a loaves-and-fishes and feed the multitudes?
Can you change my screen name in the attendees list to just "WV"? Thanks.

I'm not Ed, but I can answer your question. Sorta.

Saturday evening is hot dog cook out. Speer Hammocks usually provides the buns and dogs. I think other folks usually provide some kind of fixin's for the cook out though. I've got a couple cans of pork-n-beans that someone left behind last year that I'm bringing.

No sign-up sheet that I've ever seen. I guess you could start one if you would like.

NotToWorry
03-05-2010, 12:44
Attendee List Updated 5Mar10
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 34

NotToWorry
Pog (?)
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
D1 (?)
D2 (?)
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WV
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
Beas
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far (?) + 1 (?)
Dameon (?) + 1 (?)
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)
WrongTurn (?)
iggy + 1

Moderator, Yahoo Hammock Camping List

NotToWorry
03-05-2010, 12:55
Our Saturday evening hot dog roast is hosted by Speer Hammocks, so we'll bring plenty of dogs, buns, & fixings for everyone. Otherwise it's like a family picnic and many folks contribute what they can like snacks, chips, slaw, brownies, beans, chili, onions, brownies, cookies, cake, drinks, etc. Did I mention brownies-my favorite? Bring anything you want to contribute, but everyone is not expected to bring food---I'm sure we'll have plenty of food to share with everyone. Plan on fixing whatever you bring. For those who don't bring food---there's always cleanup duties following the big feed!

WrongTurn
03-05-2010, 13:59
If I am able to come I will be alone.

Hangin' Burrito
03-05-2010, 19:40
Running Feather & I are planning on coming in mid-morning Thursday the 22nd.

Anyone else coming in then? We're going to set up and hike a bit of the AT in the afternoon, then end at Rock Bottom to rehydrate!;)

Oh, did I mention we'll have brownies? My wife makes some of the best I've ever had!

ricegravy
03-06-2010, 16:18
Everyone who is planning to be in attendance, please take a look at the Sign Up Sheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjtqXAXQ3h0idHE3dHhyck1vOWNrUXFPQmlWaG1pb 0E&hl=en) for the Saturday AM group breakfast.

I put myself down for some easy stuff. :D
I am no cook. Burned on the outside, raw in the middle every time.

-Ricegravy!

Darby
03-07-2010, 01:33
Running Feather & I are planning on coming in mid-morning Thursday the 22nd.

Anyone else coming in then? We're going to set up and hike a bit of the AT in the afternoon, then end at Rock Bottom to rehydrate!;)

Oh, did I mention we'll have brownies? My wife makes some of the best I've ever had!

Smithobx & myself should be arriving around noon on Thursday.

Cheers, Dale

Mrprez
03-07-2010, 07:36
Weather permitting, I will be there. Anyone else riding in on a dual sport? Lot's of good forest service roads in the area.....!

Dameon
03-07-2010, 08:08
Weather permitting, I will be there. Anyone else riding in on a dual sport? Lot's of good forest service roads in the area.....!

I'm afraid my Harley doesn't do too well offroad!! lol

Mrprez
03-07-2010, 08:47
I'm afraid my Harley doesn't do too well offroad!! lol

Yep, same for the Goldwing, that's why I traded it off!:)

bigbrad73
03-08-2010, 16:14
I am going to try to be there if I can get my buddy to roll with me. I new to all this though.

trigger hurt
03-08-2010, 16:37
I am going to try to be there if I can get my buddy to roll with me. I new to all this though.

Fear not. We won't be standing behind you watching you set up, offering up witty commentary that only we'll find funny.

I swear.

:D

bigbrad73
03-08-2010, 16:55
i can handle it.

BEAS
03-08-2010, 19:39
I very well may be rolling through there on the 24th. I will be on my 10 section hike. I wont have anything to offer to eat. I could filter some water in trade for some trail magic. :D Would love to see y'all
BEAS

Hangin' Burrito
03-09-2010, 06:06

Fear not. We won't be standing behind you watching you set up, offering up witty commentary that only we'll find funny.

I swear.

Aawww....there goes the entertainment!!:lol::lol::laugh:

Seriously, this is a great group of people, if you have any questions or need some help, feel free to ask. Welcome to the group!;)

bigbrad73
03-09-2010, 08:11
I try to keep it interesting. Thanks.

bigbrad73
03-09-2010, 16:35
Whats the fishing like on the river that time of year? Anything biting?

NotToWorry
03-10-2010, 11:40
Attendee List Updated Mar10, 2010
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 37
Maybes: 21

NotToWorry
Pog (?)
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
NCPatrick--D2
NCPatrick--D3
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WV
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
Beas
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far (?) + 1 (?)
Dameon (?) + 1 (?)
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)
WrongTurn (?)
iggy + 1
Mrprez
bigbrad73 (?) + 1 (?)
BEAS (?)

NCPatrick
03-10-2010, 11:52
Ed, it's looking like I'll be bringing D2 (A.G.) and D3 instead of D1 (TinkerBell). Semantics... ;)

Dameon
03-13-2010, 21:43
Go ahead and take that question mark off my name, me and my wife have decided to incorporate the hang out into our vacation :)

trigger hurt
03-15-2010, 09:45
Those of you who have not yet checked the list for the Saturday morning group breakfast, the list is here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AjtqXAXQ3h0idHE3dHhyck1vOWNrUXFPQmlWaG1pb 0E&hl=en

We still need stoves, fuel and other cooking utensils as well as some fruit. Please check the list to see if there's something you can provide. It's not required, but every little bit helps.

-----------

For the hikers out there, I need to find a short, relaxing day hike for myself and a couple others. The last couple of times at Hot Springs, I've been lazy and just walked to the top of Lover's Leap. I'd like to get out and see a bit more than that. Please give me some suggestions for a nice, easy hike in the area. Send them to my PM.

hang um high
03-15-2010, 10:57
Those of you who have not yet checked the list for the Saturday morning group breakfast, the list is here:

We still need stoves, fuel and other cooking utensils as well as some fruit. Please check the list to see if there's something you can provide. It's not required, but every little bit helps.

-----------

For the hikers out there, I need to find a short, relaxing day hike for myself and a couple others. The last couple of times at Hot Springs, I've been lazy and just walked to the top of Lover's Leap. I'd like to get out and see a bit more than that. Please give me some suggestions for a nice, easy hike in the area. Send them to my PM.

I signed up to bring some fruit, but intend it to be in the form of a fresh fruit salad as long as that is acceptable.

Also check your PM, I have THE hike for you :cool:

trigger hurt
03-15-2010, 11:10
I signed up to bring some fruit, but intend it to be in the form of a fresh fruit salad as long as that is acceptable.

Also check your PM, I have THE hike for you :cool:

Replied to your PM.

Fruit salad is just fine. Don't forget the eggs for my jam. :)

hang um high
03-15-2010, 11:27
I've put in a work order with my chickens, they are ramping up production for the Hang. :lol:

Looking forward to the jam.

ricegravy
03-15-2010, 17:09
I've put in a work order with my chickens, they are ramping up production for the Hang. :lol:

I think that is very neat.

-Ricegravy!

hang um high
03-15-2010, 17:51
I think that is very neat.

-Ricegravy!

I also canceled all annual leave for them that week, no freeloaders in my flock, no sirree.

On the plus side, their room and board is provided as a benefit of their employment. But they still work for chicken feed (sorry, I couldn't resist).

Here's a picture of their home shortly after I finished it.

peanuts
03-15-2010, 22:44
wow, that is some fancy chicken coop!! very very nice!!

MacEntyre
03-16-2010, 06:05
I've forgotten if I posted this... I reserved the site next to Ed's again, so there will be plenty of room to hang!

Running Feather
03-16-2010, 06:43
I've forgotten if I posted this... I reserved the site next to Ed's again, so there will be plenty of room to hang!

Ed has site 413
Mac has site 411
HB & I have site 407
409 is less hammock friendly if I remember correctly

Lets fill these sites up with lottsa hangers!!!

Hangin' Burrito
03-17-2010, 05:50
I wonder if we can reach 100 hangers this time!:eek::D

NotToWorry
03-17-2010, 09:16
Attendee List Updated Mar18, 2010
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 39
Maybes: 26

NotToWorry
Pog (?)
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
NCPatrick--D2
NCPatrick--D3
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WV
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
Beas
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far (?) + 1 (?)
Dameon + 1
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)
WrongTurn (?)
iggy + 1
Mrprez
bigbrad73 (?) + 1 (?)
BEAS (?)
SGT Rock (?) + 3 (?)
Poppabear (?)

NotToWorry
03-17-2010, 10:03
Ed has site 413
Mac has site 411
HB & I have site 407
409 is less hammock friendly if I remember correctly

Lets fill these sites up with lottsa hangers!!!

Thanks RF! Those extra nearby sites ensure we'll have plenty of hammock trees for everyone. Here's my count of hammock setups at those sites:

413 20 hammocks Camp Central for the weekend
407 17 hammocks
409 4 hammocks
411 11 hammocks

These sites are less than a 30-second walk apart. Most other nearby sites offer a few hammock setups each. If we overflow & need more hammock setups, there is a grove of trees in the campground about a 3-minute walk away that can handle 60 or more hammocks. So we can handle 100 or so hammocks with no problem. In addition, there are many other group campsites elsewhere in the campground that can handle 10-20 hammocks each, so we shouldn't have any space problems that can't be solved at a moments notice. Yeah, there are a lot of trees in this campground!

So no one should worry if trees are available or not. If you show up, we'll find you some trees. Everyone is welcome!

If you camp on my site #413, you pay me $6/person/night. If you camp on someone else's site, see them about paying. Don't pay at the entrence gate--just tell them you're with the hammock group & they'll give you a car pass & direct you to site 413. If you have a dog, you will have to pay the pet fee at the entrance gate just to enter the campground.

Parking is a BIG problem inside the campground, so please be sure you obey the regulations. Group campistes like #413 are allowed only 6 cars, while family sites like #407, 409, & 411 are allowed only 2 cars each. All other cars MUST park in the designated parking spots---This is a MAJOR issue with large groups like ours, so PLEASE do the right thing and park where you're suppose to. The overflow parking lots are less than a 1-minute walk from our campsites.

Quite time begins at 10 pm & is often but not always enforced. However quite groups can usually sit around the campfire late into the night without worry. Note that campsites 407, 409 & 411 are near the rental cabins, so quiet time may be critical here. Alcohol is not allowed in the campground, however responsible, quite, non-obvious drinking is often overlooked. Our group has been using this campground for 9 years and we have a reputation for good behaviour--we assume that none of our guests wants to do anything to harm that reputation, so your cooperation will be appreciated.

We'll have a fun weekend with lots of people coming & going. Don't miss the Saturday community breakfast, the silent auction Saturday afternoon, or the hot dog roast Saturday evening. And there'll be plenty of walks into town for food & drinks! Or just hang out at Camp Central for the weekend!

SGT Rock
03-18-2010, 11:26
We are going to try to make it again this year.

Poppabear
03-18-2010, 11:43
I've been watching this thread for quite some time. I've never been to a group hang before. Although I have really wanted to do so, Somehow circunstances never seen to work out so that I can. But It now appears as if the stars are starting to align. It appears as if I will be able to attend. So for now I am tentatively saying that I will be attending. As soon as I know for sure I will change the "maybe" into a "probable". I look forward to meeting everyone!

trigger hurt
03-18-2010, 12:35
The Group Breakfast sign-up sheet is rounding out nicely. Many thanks to those of you have volunteered to make sure we start Saturday off with a healthy breakfast.

sir White Wolf
03-18-2010, 12:49
thought I had access to 2 large coffee pots but I dont srry :rolleyes:

trigger hurt
03-18-2010, 12:57
thought I had access to 2 large coffee pots but I dont srry :rolleyes:

I think Ed still has the percolators that Doug The Elder brought up last April and donated to SEHHA. I'll send a PM to inquire.

Thanks, Sir.

tonejones
03-18-2010, 15:33
man i want to be there but that is when the world beer fest is in Raleigh and i already have tickets

sir White Wolf
03-18-2010, 16:49
:thumbup: thank you

I think Ed still has the percolators that Doug The Elder brought up last April and donated to SEHHA. I'll send a PM to inquire.

Thanks, Sir.

Darby
03-18-2010, 21:37
man i want to be there but that is when the world beer fest is in Raleigh and i already have tickets

tonejones,

Easy solution. Sell the tickets, come to the hang, and then come up to Elizabeth City. I have a bar here with 29 taps and about 60 different bottles. No long lines for beer:scared::lol:

Cheers, Dale

Hooch
03-19-2010, 19:54
tonejones,

Easy solution. Sell the tickets, come to the hang, and then come up to Elizabeth City. I have a bar here with 29 taps and about 60 different bottles. No long lines for beer:scared::lol:

Cheers, Dale

Note to self: Visit Elizabeth City, NC some time soon. What's the name of that bar? :lol:

Darby
03-20-2010, 01:19
Note to self: Visit Elizabeth City, NC some time soon. What's the name of that bar? :lol:
Hey Hooch,

The name is Coasters Downtown Draught House, located at 216 N. Poindexter St. Let me know before hand so I can make sure I'm there. I'm usually sewing in the shop these days.:D

trigger hurt
03-20-2010, 01:33
Hey Hooch,

The name is Coasters Downtown Draught House, located at 216 N. Poindexter St. Let me know before hand so I can make sure I'm there. I'm usually sewing in the shop these days.:D

Do you have a bacon double cheese burger and beer battered onion rings?

tapedeck
03-21-2010, 10:53
Count me in. Sounds like a great time.:shades:

NotToWorry
03-21-2010, 12:59
Attendee List Updated Mar21, 2010
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 39
Maybes: 24

NotToWorry
Pog (?)
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch (?)
Dancer (?)
NCPatrick
NCPatrick--D2
NCPatrick--D3
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
acercanto
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WV
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
Beas
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far
Dameon + 1
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)
WrongTurn (?)
iggy + 1
Mrprez
bigbrad73 (?) + 1 (?)
BEAS (?)
SGT Rock (?) + 3 (?)
Poppabear (?)
tapedeck

Hangin' Burrito
03-26-2010, 05:38
Does anyone know the conditions of the AT and sidetrails around Hot Springs? (blowdowns, etc.):confused:

BEAS
03-26-2010, 07:59
take me off the list. our trip has been delayed by 3 days and we will not be getting on the trail at the smokies till the 24th. i hate i will be missing this!

Running Feather
03-26-2010, 08:23
Sorry to hear Beas. I don't know how hard the Smokies were hit but make sure the trails are passable. Lots of trails around here (Pisgah NF,Dupont SF) are closed. The open ones are still no fun either. It's going to be a long season of cleanups.

WrongTurn
03-26-2010, 08:38
I am still planning on being there, but things could change between now and then depending on work.

eflat7
03-26-2010, 15:01
My buddy (HF Member Arn) and myself are 90% percent certain we'll be there. I'm already on the list.

Hangin' Burrito
03-28-2010, 05:08
That's right! I'm psyched, made last falls hang and I'm addicted.
Just really enjoyed the people, the campground, the AT right there, French Broad river running next to the campsite, Rock Bottom Pub, what's not to look forward too?:D

cgul1
03-28-2010, 10:41
Ed,
add me in as a maybe, need to swap some work around, but have wanted to for several years..
I am finishing up a stand

cgul:shades:

PuckerFactor
03-28-2010, 23:39
Had something come up, and I'm not gonna be able to stay for Saturday night, but I'm still attending, come hell or high water!

Acer

Hangin' Burrito
03-29-2010, 05:16
Had something come up, and I'm not gonna be able to stay for Saturday night, but I'm still attending, come hell or high water!

Acer

Careful......I said that about Mt. Rogers, and that big snowstorm hit!:cursing::(

PuckerFactor
03-29-2010, 11:26
Yeah, well, hopefully we'll be past snowstorms come mid April....
I know I know, famous last words.

Acer

WalksInDark
03-29-2010, 22:03
Ed,

Add me to the attendees.

trigger hurt
03-30-2010, 06:43
I think I'll make this the next to last time I post the sign-up sheet.

Saturday morning is when we have the group breakfast. Please use this sheet to figure out what you can bring.

Mrprez
03-30-2010, 07:11
Would anyone be interested in doing an overnight hike prior to the hangout? I am thinking hiking southbound from Allen Gap (14.7 miles) starting Thursday morning. I figure to get a shuttle from HS to Allen Gap about 10 am, hike until we want to stop and then finish up on Friday.

Hooch
03-30-2010, 07:27
Would anyone be interested in doing an overnight hike prior to the hangout? I am thinking hiking southbound from Allen Gap (14.7 miles) starting Thursday morning. I figure to get a shuttle from HS to Allen Gap about 10 am, hike until we want to stop and then finish up on Friday.
I might be up for this. :thumbup1: Let me czech my schedule and I'll get back with ya on it.

MacEntyre
03-30-2010, 07:58
I wish I could go with you'uns! I can't, though, because I'll be bringing an entire family!

Mrprez
03-30-2010, 08:08
I wish I could go with you'uns! I can't, though, because I'll be bringing an entire family!

I'd like to have you come along! When are you getting to HS?

NotToWorry
03-30-2010, 08:31
Attendee List Updated Mar30, 2010
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 41
Maybes: 22

NotToWorry
Pog (?)
fulminated
RAW
Ewker (?)
Hooch
Dancer
NCPatrick
NCPatrick--D2
NCPatrick--D3
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face (?)
IronK (?)
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
hang um high
WV
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far
Dameon + 1
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)
WrongTurn (?)
iggy + 1
Mrprez
bigbrad73 (?) + 1 (?)
SGT Rock (?) + 3 (?)
Poppabear (?)
tapedeck
Arn
Cgul1
WalkInDark

Hooch
03-30-2010, 08:34
Ed, I think it's safe to say that you can take the question marks off the names for Dancer and I. We'll see ya there. :D

NotToWorry
03-30-2010, 08:39
Ed, I think it's safe to say that you can take the question marks off the names for Dancer and I. We'll see ya there. :D

Great Hooch. Karen & Look forward to seeing you guys again! It's warming up nicely and turing Springtime around here---we're anxiously awaiting the hang!

Hooch
03-30-2010, 08:43
Great Hooch. Karen & Look forward to seeing you guys again! It's warming up nicely and turing Springtime around here---we're anxiously awaiting the hang!The weather is looking great in WNC! Headed to Franklin in a bit to go hike from Tellico Gap to Winding Stair Gap starting Wednesday, getting back to Winding Stair fairly early on Friday. Then back to Franklin for the April Fools Hiker Bash at Ron Haven's Sapphire Motel. Anyone else going to the Bash?

Running Feather
03-30-2010, 09:12

Isn't it an oxymoron to use 'Hooch' and 'safe' in the same sentence? :scared:

Hooch
03-30-2010, 09:15
Isn't it an oxymoron to use 'Hooch' ans 'safe' in the same sentence? :scared:
http://www.smileyarena.net/download.aspx?id=3242Pretty much. As you know, in reality, I'm pretty much harmless to be around as long as you have a thick skin and a good sense of humor. :D

Poppabear
03-30-2010, 09:27
Ed - I am sorry to say. Please remove me from the maybe attend list. My high hopes of attending have been dashed. We just had a big personnel shake-up at work. My work / vacation schedule has been turned upside down. My scheduled vacation days have been canceled and my work shift has changed also. So while you all are enjoying the hang. I will be stuck at work on the weekend shift. My hope now is to be able to get to the fall hang. I'll also look forward to reading a post hang report here on the forums.

Mrprez
03-31-2010, 08:21
I might be up for this. :thumbup1: Let me czech my schedule and I'll get back with ya on it.

Hooch..that would be great. Let me know when you find out and if you and Dancer will be hiking (I hike slow so be prepared). Once I know how many, I can start looking around for a ride.

Nest
03-31-2010, 17:26
Alright Ed, put me down as a maybe for now. Not too sure if I will want to make the drive or not though. I usually preffer to just walk there from GA, but that's not going on this year.:(

Hangin' Burrito
04-06-2010, 04:37
Well, we're down to only 16 days!:thumbup: I just gotta get through 5 days with my self-invited cousins coming from NY this Friday.
Haven't seen them in 20 yrs. and they call me up and say, "We're coming down to see you, get a room ready for us and my 3 kids."
The wife would'nt let me book a motel room for them!:confused: Oh well, I guess I'll appreciate Hot Springs all the more!:laugh:

Hangin' Burrito
04-09-2010, 04:39
Just curious........who all is planning on coming in on Thursday the 22nd? (Can you tell I'm ready to be there?)

OldnSlow
04-09-2010, 16:27
I am going from the MAHHA to sehha the next weekend, so I could be there on Thursday, depending on sites, views, distractions, and general tourist behavior:)

sir White Wolf
04-09-2010, 18:52
Just curious........who all is planning on coming in on Thursday the 22nd? (Can you tell I'm ready to be there?)

:lol: you and me HB :lol:

MacEntyre
04-09-2010, 19:31
I am going from the MAHHA to sehha...
Thing1 and I will be at both as well!

- MacEntyre

hang um high
04-11-2010, 07:38
It now looks like Friday and Saturday are going to be impossible due to other commitments.

:cursing:

Spam
04-11-2010, 12:19
I'll find out tomorrow iffin my bluegrass band has been chosen for a gig at the Taledega Raceway that weekend. If we don't make it then I hope to finally make this thing!

WalksInDark
04-11-2010, 14:23
My ride, NightEyes, just bailed on me.

Given my long term unemployed status, would love to carpool with someone from the Roanoke/Lynchburg/Blacksburg areas; or anyone who is passing near my location on their way Southbound on Interstate 81 to the Hang.

Is there anyone out there who would like to share travel expenses? If no let me know as soon as possible.

I really want to be able to make the hang....but with almost every penny already budgeted I need to find a way to reduce the costs of this outing.

Thanks!

RAW
04-11-2010, 14:41
My original plan was to ride in on Thursday, but my wife and I are enrolled in a birth class on Thursdays.

So, I'll be rolling in on Friday.
Hopefully I'll be on the motorcycle again.

Ewker
04-12-2010, 12:14
looks like I am going to miss this. have fun and eat lots of good food

Mrprez
04-12-2010, 15:18
You can scratch me from the list, I can't make it. Life keeps getting in the way! Try again in the fall.

Hogg Tyed
04-12-2010, 15:35
As it stands now I will be down Thursday evening.

trigger hurt
04-12-2010, 16:30
It now looks like Friday and Saturday are going to be impossible due to other commitments.

:cursing:

I guess this means no eggs :(

Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you the jam anyway. You can bring the eggs in the fall :)

hang um high
04-12-2010, 17:14
I guess this means no eggs :(

Send me a PM with your address and I'll mail you the jam anyway. You can bring the eggs in the fall :)

You are a kind soul.

If you are going to be staying through Sunday, I'd love to come out and meet you and bring you eggs.

PuckerFactor
04-13-2010, 00:23
I may be a go for Thursday to make up for not being able to stay Saturday night. I'll have to play it by ear.

Acer

MacEntyre
04-13-2010, 05:48
Is there anyone out there who would like to share travel expenses?
I can fetch you!

NotToWorry
04-13-2010, 08:31
Attendee List Updated Apr 13, 2010
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 48

NotToWorry
Pog
fulminated
RAW
Hooch
Dancer
NCPatrick
NCPatrick--D2
NCPatrick--D3
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face
IronK
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
WV
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
Pawfoot
TZBrown (?) + wife (?)
OldnSlow
aBRG2far
Dameon + 1
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)
WrongTurn (?)
lggy + 2
bigbrad73 (?) + 1 (?)
SGT Rock (?) + 3 (?)
tapedeck
Arn
Cgul1
WalksInDark (?)
Spam (?)
Blue Ridge Hiking Club---8 hammockers; 1 tenter
Nest (?)

MacEntyre
04-13-2010, 08:35
It's looking like Smiling Face and IronK will be there! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Scuppers and Dadu might stay home.

- MacEntyre

Hangin' Burrito
04-13-2010, 11:18
I may be a go for Thursday to make up for not being able to stay Saturday night. I'll have to play it by ear.

Acer

Your welcome to join RF & I for an over night on Thursday on the AT to Rich Mtn. lookout tower, probably be back by noon Friday.;):D

eflat7
04-13-2010, 11:20

I may trailer mine.... hmmm.

**EDIT**
I just saw you're not going to be there. I don't want to be the only one...

MacEntyre
04-13-2010, 12:17
I don't want to be the only one...
I'm going to spend time with Smiling Face, so I won't be bringing my Yamahama.

eflat7
04-13-2010, 12:47
Tiv is begging to go... it's supposed to be a boys trip so I am hesitant to bring her. If one of the boys back out and opens a spot up, i may just bring her.

I am 99% sure it is going to be four of us now. Myself, Arn, another hiking buddy who hammocks but isn't on the forums, and a tenter. We are all riding together.

Nest
04-13-2010, 16:54
I won't be there. Maybe next one...I hope

Dameon
04-13-2010, 23:53
I may trailer mine.... hmmm.

**EDIT**
I just saw you're not going to be there. I don't want to be the only one...

I won't be on a dual sport but me and the wife will be on my sporty!!

aBRG2far
04-14-2010, 10:19
My girls are laying good now with a dozen a day. How many do we need?

Hangin' Burrito
04-15-2010, 07:58
Wow! In one week I'll be on my way to fun and adventure!!!!:thumbup::thumbup::D

trigger hurt
04-15-2010, 08:32
My girls are laying good now with a dozen a day. How many do we need?

The eggs I mentioned above were an exchange hang' and I were doing. My peach jam for his eggs.

If you'd like to sign up for something for the community breakfast on saturday morning, the list is here...

eflat7
04-15-2010, 09:09
The eggs I mentioned above were an exchange hang' and I were doing. My peach jam for his eggs.

If you'd like to sign up for something for the community breakfast on saturday morning, the list is here...

Done. Thanks for the spreadsheet. Google is amazing.

TZBrown
04-15-2010, 19:32
Just got the final word. We can be changed to a YES.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

I also signed up for brownies on the list

WalksInDark
04-18-2010, 14:06
LOOKING FOR RIDESHARE/CARPOOL

Given my long term unemployed status, would love to carpool with someone from the Roanoke/Lynchburg/Blacksburg areas; or anyone who is passing near my location on their way Southbound on Interstate 81 to the Hang.

Is there anyone out there who would like to share travel expenses? If no let me know as soon as possible.

I really want to be able to make the hang....but with almost every penny already budgeted I need to find a way to reduce the costs of this outing.

Thanks!

trigger hurt
04-18-2010, 16:45
LOOKING FOR RIDESHARE/CARPOOL

Thanks!

Scroll up to near the top of this thread. Mac said he can fetch you. You should send him a PM.

muttly
04-18-2010, 17:12
Count us in for Saturday night. Thanks for the quick email reply , NotToWorry. Family of 4. We will be ground dwelling, this time. My girls (5 and 8) are psyched.

MacEntyre
04-18-2010, 18:09
Turns out that Mac's truck is full!

NotToWorry
04-19-2010, 07:41
Attendee List Updated Apr 19, 2010
(maybes shown with ?)

Probables: 53
Maybes: 15

NotToWorry
Pog
fulminated
RAW
Hooch
Dancer
NCPatrick
NCPatrick--D2
MacEntyre
Thing1
Smiling Face
IronK
Sir nOthing
Rockdawg69 (?)
Hangin' Burrito
Running Feather
WV
lazyboy
AntiKate
Stock
Ricegravy
Trugracie + son
CapitalBill
bhancock
BigRigRed (?)
Twinkles (?)
sirWhiteWolf + Dianna
TZBrown + wife
OldnSlow
aBRG2far
Dameon + 1
Hogg Tyed
Darby
Peanuts (?)
WrongTurn (?)
lggy + 2
SGT Rock (?) + 3 (?)
tapedeck
Arn
Cgul1
WalksInDark (?)
Spam (?)
Blue Ridge Hiking Club---8 hammockers; 1 tenter
Muttly + 3; tenters
M Clarke

NCPatrick
04-19-2010, 08:30
Hi Ed, looks like D3 might not be coming this time. This is really D2's (AG's) trip. We're looking forward to Friday! :) Will there be room? Looks like a lot of people coming.

Thanks.

Running Feather
04-19-2010, 08:37
Hi Ed, looks like D3 might not be coming this time. This is really D2's (AG's) trip. We're looking forward to Friday! :) Will there be room? Looks like a lot of people coming.

Thanks.

I've posted this before but it can't hurt to place it here again. I have reserved #407. HB and I are arriving on Thursday and hiking out to return sometime Friday. Feel free to set up camp on this site even if we're not back yet. Ed has reserved 413. Mac has reserved 411. (409 is not really hammock friendly)
http://www.smileyarena.net/download.aspx?id=3653

NCPatrick
04-19-2010, 08:50
Thanks! We may just do that. Much appreciated.

I've posted this before but it can't hurt to place it here again. I have reserved #407. HB and I are arriving on Thursday and hiking out to return sometime Friday. Feel free to set up camp on this site even if we're not back yet. Ed has reserved 413. Mac has reserved 411. (409 is not really hammock friendly)

NotToWorry
04-19-2010, 09:15

Thanks RF. NCP we should have plenty of room for all the hammocks, especially with the adjacent or near by camp sites reserved by others in our group. We also have an overflow area in the campground about a 3 minute walk away that can handle 50 or so hammocks. so we might not get everyone on a single campsite, but we'll still be close together. See ya in HS!

sir White Wolf
04-19-2010, 12:38
Hey all
Pawfoot dropped so Dianna and I will be there.
planning to get there thurs about lunch.
cant wait to see yall :thumbup:

bigbrad73
04-19-2010, 12:43
I hate to say I am going to have to miss it. I have 2 things that came up. But hopefully I will be at the next one.

NotToWorry
04-19-2010, 14:40
Don't forget our silent auction on saturday afternoon. We will be auctioning donated items and all proceeds will go to the Hammock Forum. So here's your chance to clean out that gear closet and help HF at the same time. Camping-related items are ideal, but anything you think others might want to buy will also be appreciated. Bring your items to donate & join us for the silent auction.

All purchases must be in cash since we can't process credit cards or checks--so bring plenty of cash! This will be our 3rd silent acution & the first two went very well. Each donated item will be shown on a table with a bid sheet where biders enter their name & bid amount, so everyone can see who has bid on any given item & how much they have bid. The auction will last an hour or so & the highest bid wins that item at the end of the auction--the pace often gets fast & furious just as the auction is about to end! So don't miss the fun---bring items to donate as well as cash for those treasures you're sure to find!

MacEntyre
04-19-2010, 16:08
Molly Mac Gear will donate an Insultex UnderQuilt built with InsulTubes! Good to 45*F by itself, or 32*F with another layer of Insultex.

- MacEntyre

NotToWorry
04-19-2010, 16:51
Molly Mac Gear will donate an Insultex UnderQuilt built with InsulTubes! Good to 45*F by itself, or 32*F with another layer of Insultex.

- MacEntyre

TX Mac---I'll bid on that myself!!

Hogg Tyed
04-19-2010, 16:59
Hey all
Pawfoot dropped so Dianna and I will be there.
planning to get there thurs about lunch.
cant wait to see yall :thumbup:

Hate to hear Paw Foot can't make it. All I know is Fulminated better be extra careful. It could be rough going if he gets injured with no one there to DR him up, :scared:

trigger hurt
04-19-2010, 17:21
Hate to hear Paw Foot can't make it. All I know is Fulminated better be extra careful. It could be rough going if he gets injured with no one there to DR him up, :scared:

I'll be wearing shoes and keep the flippy flips nearby.

thanks for your concern.

sir White Wolf
04-19-2010, 19:13
Ill bring a sharp knife and put some pine pitch onna fire in case of amputations Hogg Tyed. :lol:

How did that foot Heal Fulminated?

NotToWorry
04-20-2010, 09:22
The weather forecast calls for highs of 75-80 each day, lows of 55-60 with 10% chance of rain Fri, 30% Sat & 60% Sun. Looks like we might have some rain, but not enough to kill all the fun. We're bringing two canopies: a 10x20 & a 10x10--but we could probably use 1 or 2 more, so bring them if you can. Extra canopies can make group meals in the rain much nicer!

MacEntyre
04-20-2010, 10:12
Thing1 and I will be there... Smiling Face and IronK will not.

AntiKate, Stock and Red Moose will visit us on Saturday afternoon.

eflat7
04-20-2010, 10:56
I'm getting excited. Finally going to make it this year. Bringing myself, Arn, 2 other Hammockers, and a tenter. I am leaving around 7am on Friday, which puts me there about noon. Will someone be there or should I just setup?

SGT Rock
04-20-2010, 11:29
I got a space reserved for the BMT booth and it looks like we are coming. We will be up sometime Friday afternoon.

MacEntyre
04-20-2010, 12:11
Will someone be there or should I just setup?
No one need be there... just tell them you are with Ed Speer's group, and set up in one of our sites: 411, 413 or 407.

eflat7
04-20-2010, 13:05
No one need be there... just tell them you are with Ed Speer's group, and set up in one of our sites: 411, 413 or 407.

Sounds good. See ya there.

trigger hurt
04-20-2010, 14:37
Ill bring a sharp knife and put some pine pitch onna fire in case of amputations Hogg Tyed. :lol:

How did that foot Heal Fulminated?

It didnt fall off so I guess that's a plus.

On the downside I had to wear a plastic bag over my foot for 3 weeks while it healed over.

Rockdawg69
04-20-2010, 21:02
Ed,

Sorry but I won't be able to make this one. :(

We have an Order of the Arrow conclave in Greenville, SC for the weekend and I need to go with my son. His last year to participate in the Native American dance competition.
Looks like I'm missing a great hang.

Hangin' Burrito
04-21-2010, 04:07
The weather forecast calls for highs of 75-80 each day, lows of 55-60 with 10% chance of rain Fri, 30% Sat & 60% Sun. Looks like we might have some rain, but not enough to kill all the fun. We're bringing two canopies: a 10x20 & a 10x10--but we could probably use 1 or 2 more, so bring them if you can. Extra canopies can make group meals in the rain much nicer!

Ed, I've got a 16' X 20' tarp and 12' X 16' tarp, would that help? I'll bring 'em and if you need them your more than welcome.:D

I'm getting excited. Finally going to make it this year. Bringing myself, Arn, 2 other Hammockers, and a tenter. I am leaving around 7am on Friday, which puts me there about noon. Will someone be there or should I just setup?

You can set up on 407 if you like, that'll be the one with the big white van on it.;)

Ed,

Sorry but I won't be able to make this one. :(

We have an Order of the Arrow conclave in Greenville, SC for the weekend and I need to go with my son. His last year to participate in the Native American dance competition.
Looks like I'm missing a great hang.

Sorry you won't be there, family comes first though. Your doing the right thing!:thumbup1:

24 hours!! I've got soo... much yet to do. I don't believe this day will drag for me. Looking forward to seeing alot of hammocks in that campground, always a beautiful thing to look out over a landscape and see dozens of happy hammockers!:lol::laugh::rolleyes:

Running Feather
04-21-2010, 09:43
By this time tomorrow HB and I should be set up and out on the trail - Whooooooo Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!

CapitalBill
04-21-2010, 11:56
:thumbup: Getting excited!!! :thumbup:

TZBrown
04-21-2010, 12:39
Leaving for Hot Springs in about 30 minutes. :) :)

See you all there

iggy
04-21-2010, 12:50
:thumbup: Getting excited!!! :thumbup:

Me Too! This has been a LONG week so far! I riding in with Lazyboy, Wildbill, and my brother Rainman. I'm signed up to bring some fuel canisters for the breakfast. Is there anything else needed for the Hot Dog dinner? Is there a sign up sheet for that?

----Iggy--

eflat7
04-21-2010, 14:25
You can set up on 407 if you like, that'll be the one with the big white van on it.

Thanks! I may just do that!

WalksInDark
04-21-2010, 20:19
:(Sorry Ed, can't make this one.

However, I expect all of you to have a great time and post lots of pictures! LOL

Hangin' Burrito
04-21-2010, 21:54
Wow! I can't believe it's almost 11:00pm, only 6 hours 'til I leave for RF's house to pick him up. Gotta try to get some sleep, I'll see ya'll there!!:thumbup::shades:

Running Feather
04-22-2010, 01:04
Wow! I can't believe it's almost 11:00pm, only 6 hours 'til I leave for RF's house to pick him up. Gotta try to get some sleep, I'll see ya'll there!!:thumbup::shades:

I'm at the door waiting patiently for you :scared:

cgul1
04-22-2010, 05:32
Sorry, got to drop
Hopefully next one for me
enjoy and post lots of pic

cgul1:shades:

WrongTurn
04-22-2010, 06:51
I have to pull out too. Little woman has been called in to pull doubles tomorrow and Saturday. Looks I'm watching the baby while she works this weekend.

Maybe we'll nap in the hammock while momma brings home the bacon:lol:

RAW
04-22-2010, 08:44

You guys are hysterical. :D

BTW, looks like the entire First Family will be vacationing in Asheville this weekend. I wonder what that will do for traffic getting through town.

If the weather forecast doesn't improve, I may leave the motorcycle at home and drive up in the truck. :(

MacEntyre
04-22-2010, 08:56
...looks like the entire First Family will be vacationing in Asheville this weekend. :scared: What's the matter with Camp David, or Mahthah's Vinyahd?

trigger hurt
04-22-2010, 09:28
:scared: What's the matter with Camp David, or Mahthah's Vinyahd?

Too elitist. Can't be an effective populist if you're not vacationing with us little people.

trigger hurt
04-22-2010, 09:30

When you hear his car pull onto your street, does your tail start to wag involuntarily.

In 12 hours, Sir Gravy the Splendiforous and I will be on the road heading up.

I need a break from the real world, so I can't wait.

NCPatrick
04-22-2010, 09:30
Looking forward to the hangout. I'll be checking AG out of school around noon tomorrow and we'll be heading on to Hot Springs. Whoohoo!

MacEntyre
04-22-2010, 09:56
I'll be checking AG out of school around noon tomorrow and we'll be heading on to Hot Springs. Whoohoo!
I'll be doing the same!

Thing1 and I were trying to remember who said they were bringing a 12 yr old girl... izzat AG?

NCPatrick
04-22-2010, 10:05
No, AG is 10. Was going to bring TinkerBell who is 12, but she went to Wilmington, NC today with her class.

peanuts
04-22-2010, 13:48
AM coming!!!!!

eflat7
04-22-2010, 14:47
Headed home, packing, leaving in 15 hours. Just going to be nice to get outside!!

Trugracie
04-22-2010, 23:11
All packed up, except for coolers and food. Should be there around 1 or so.
I just might sleep in my clothes for tomorrow!!!

Dameon
04-22-2010, 23:15
Well, once again bad things will prevent me from attending.

ricegravy
04-23-2010, 07:00
About to leave the house! I just worked all night so, good thing Fulminated is driving! (My wife's car!)

-Ricegravy!!!

PS: rain, rain, and maybe some rain.
PSS: I hope that there will be some interesting stuff to bid on in the "Silent" auction!!

richtorfla
04-23-2010, 07:05
Hope youall have a safe trip up there. Wish I could make it. Sounds like its a blast!

SGT Rock
04-23-2010, 07:26
Packing now.

MacEntyre
04-23-2010, 07:55
Packing now.
Packing here... Thing1 and I are looking forward to meeting you, Sgt!

Anyone have a plan for avoiding presidential traffic problems?

:confused:

[EDIT: found this route (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Greensboro,+NC&daddr=35.663015,-82.49239+to:Hot+Springs,+NC&geocode=FbtsJgIdmXg--yl5e8c4PxlTiDHIEr54lMS5kw%3B%3BFWWsIwIdGCEQ-ynd_tW9GDJaiDHuknZX8TSleQ&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1&sll=35.638325,-82.509384&sspn=0.06571,0.145054&ie=UTF8&ll=35.620466,-82.519684&spn=0.131449,0.290108&z=12)...]

Hooch
04-23-2010, 08:09
Dancer and I are going to have to bow out of this one as well. Hope to see y'all at the June Hang or at Trail Days.

Y'all make Rock share some of that good bourbon of his and make Peanuts control her crazy dogs. :D

SGT Rock
04-23-2010, 09:08
Packing here... Thing1 and I are looking forward to meeting you, Sgt!

Anyone have a plan for avoiding presidential traffic problems?

:confused:

[EDIT: found this route (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Greensboro,+NC&daddr=35.663015,-82.49239+to:Hot+Springs,+NC&geocode=FbtsJgIdmXg--yl5e8c4PxlTiDHIEr54lMS5kw%3B%3BFWWsIwIdGCEQ-ynd_tW9GDJaiDHuknZX8TSleQ&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=13&via=1&sll=35.638325,-82.509384&sspn=0.06571,0.145054&ie=UTF8&ll=35.620466,-82.519684&spn=0.131449,0.290108&z=12)...]

Same here. I'm looking forward to seeing some of that stuff you have been making.