PDA

View Full Version : Simply Light Designs Awesome service

drsolarmolar
09-30-2017, 07:49
I don't know why SLD doesn't have its own category like Dutch or Warbonnet, but I have to rave about their customer service. Placed an order late Sunday night (Sept 24). When I awoke on the 25th (6am) and checked my email Jared had already responded, and said he'd likely have my order in the mail that day (which he did). Don't know if he stayed up all night sewing or had the items in stock ready to go, but literally it was less than 12 hours between order and shipping notification. (Maybe I got special treatment because he's in Idaho and so am I! I'm sure he treats everyone just as well. BTW, Arrowhead Equipment is another Idaho-based vendor. Go Idaho! More than potatoes here!)

Besides the amazing customer service, the products are just as good. Ordered a single piece silnylon snakeskin for my WB Cloudburst. This is my second snakeskin from SLD, the first being a mesh style one for my UGQ Winter Dream. Both are well made. I'm completely happy with them and would recommend them to anyone looking for tarp snakeskins!!! I got the pocket additions on each end which I'm liking too.

Just had to throw some love at a great cottage vendor!

sffar
09-30-2017, 08:45
Copy on the awesome service. Placed an order for a Winter Haven on the 23rd and less than a day later had the shipping notice. Arrived in MA on Wednesday. Terrific craftsmanship and communication from Jared. Couldn't be happier with the whole deal, even if I lived in Bonners Ferry!
Sam

IRONFISH45
09-30-2017, 09:04
I have purchased from Simply Light Designs several times with geat success. I am sort of a picky person, well I have found absolutely nothing to pick apart on SLD creations, strictly first class.
On the subject of ordering and shipping, everything is also first class.
When ordering via on line I never thonk about time nor time zones. I just place my question or order and assume the communication will be read during usual business hours. No true with Simply Light Designs, I get a really quick response. In the future I will be mindful of time when purchasing from SLD.
THE MODERATORS want a certain level of chatter about a company before the company is given their own forum. Simply Light Design's is, to me, like an insiders vendor. Only a few of us are aware of how perfect the gear, service and shipping are.

Cory Hess
09-30-2017, 14:58
Jared has quickly become my go-to. His products are outstanding, but what truly sets him apart is his customer service and the speed at which he responds to emails and gets his work done. I've placed four or five orders with him in the last couple months and have been blown away each and every time. If I'm in the market for a product that SLD offers they're getting my business, plain and simple.

michigandave
09-30-2017, 15:09
I've got a long history dealing with Jared and have promoted the creation of a subforum here:
https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=136262

Awesome vendor and his customer service is top notch. He rarely posts on HF, but that's how he rolls.

Rouskof
09-30-2017, 16:34
Yes, excellent.

Jimswms
10-01-2017, 18:29
Another happy customer. Jared rocks. Subforum!? He should have on e.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Five Tango
10-01-2017, 18:35
I recently purchased the gear hammock.FAST service,good quality and price.I like having my gear off the ground and out of the spider zone in a reasonably water proof sack.

Brooklyn
10-01-2017, 19:00
SLD IS THE BEST

redbeard
10-01-2017, 19:51
It amazes me that we don't have a category for a great company like SLD and yet we have one for OES which has extremely poor customer service and nothing but complaints. I can't remember the last time Brian was active on the forums.

drsolarmolar
10-01-2017, 20:50
Another happy customer. Jared rocks. Subforum!? He should have one.

+1

IRONFISH45
10-01-2017, 21:02
It amazes me that we don't have a category for a great company like SLD and yet we have one for OES which has extremely poor customer service and nothing but complaints. I can't remember the last time Brian was active on the forums.

Evidently the moderators have a look at how often a company's name comes up for discussion and the number of posts for each thread to decide who gets their own sub forum. It seems Simply Light Designs has not received enough chatter. So the great product & service is pretty much an insider secret.

TrailSlug
10-01-2017, 21:07
This has been brought up time and time again to no avail but apparently OES has a buddy on the forum management team :)

mirrorslap
10-01-2017, 21:54
chatter, chatter, chatter

Jared - Simply Light Designs

Ok, probably not the actual chatter mods may be looking for but...

I'll add another "chatter" that I too have found in my dealings with Jared that his timing in responses, order processing, shipment speed, and quality of work is second to none. I'll be purchasing my second SLD hammock, a Winter Haven tarp, and a few other accessories from him this week.

In my opinion, Jared certainly deserves a spot in the Manufacturers and Services sub forum if that is something of interest to him.

Fangfarrier
10-02-2017, 01:24
I’ve not heard of SLD before this thread. Where can I find their website?
(I know I could google but this bumps up the post count too)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KSC
10-02-2017, 05:36
http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/

You won't be sorry if you give him a try.

tazmaniac
10-02-2017, 10:31
http://www.simplylightdesigns.com/

I have had the same great experience as everyone else! After looking his location up I am completely envious of his skills allowing him to live in a little slice of heaven like that.

NarlocB
10-02-2017, 11:05
Jared is awesome. Talked to him in email during week, told him my plans on what was looking for colors, layers, etc to get his opinion and ordered on a friday. He shipped it the same exact day. had it by monday and it is definitely one of the best hammock's i own.

Alkali
10-02-2017, 13:29

This.

TrailDaze
10-02-2017, 13:55
SLD is one of the best kept secrets in hammocking... I have 3 of his hammocks and 3 of his tarps as well. I had him make me a winter tarp that I wanted to come in under 18 ounces... He delivered it in 2 days to Colorado. Simply amazing.

dkurfiss
10-02-2017, 13:57
I am going to quote Yukon's response in this thread.

"Quote Originally Posted by fsupaintball View Post
The other point of view is that it's about the forum members, not the vendor, and I think it makes more sense to have a centralized place for members to discuss his stuff, because he has a lot of it and there's a lot of scattered threads. - The point is there is not "a lot" of threads, or what we think is enough for us to gather them all up and organize them.

I have been a forum mod and can respect the want to do what's easiest to moderate, but at the same time, it sounds like they are basing their decision on what the mods find "easy" instead of what the forum members want or what would be best. Which runs contrary to this forum's purpose IMO. - The decision is purely based on traffic numbers, as it always has been. We don't agree that there is enough of it for SLD yet to warrant an area to consolidate. That's all there is to it.

The world isn't going to end because of this either way but that's my two cents. I appreciate the mods' clear and open discussion of this. - And we appreciate everyone's feedback as well!
My answers in Red. We will continue to evaluate SLD's topics, (and every other Vendor as well), going forward. If the time comes to round em' up, we shall do so. Have a great day everyone!

-Yukon

Coldautumndays
10-06-2017, 23:31
I ordered my trail lair on a Tuesday. It shipped Wednesday and arrived Friday. It's an amazing hammock and I am very pleased with it.

TrailSlug
10-06-2017, 23:38
I ordered my trail lair on a Tuesday. It shipped Wednesday and arrived Friday. It's an amazing hammock and I am very pleased with it.

Nice!