PDA

View Full Version : Grizz beak!! Love It!!

Bankheadboy
02-02-2010, 14:31
I was one of the lucky ones that won a Grizz beak at Mt.Rogers. I added it to my Hennessy Hex tarp. It fit like a charm and was simple. I had my bags of extra stuff hanging at the ends of my hammock and my backpack laying on the ground. After I added the Grizz beak I moved my bags of stuff that had snow in them under under the beak. I also got my snow covered backpack and hung it under the beak. What a difference the Grizz beak makes!!! It blocks out wind, snow and I'm sure rain. I added a garage to my tarp and hammock area!!! It made so much extra room for so little weight! And if you know anything about 2Q&ZQ the quality of their products is outstanding!! Thanks for my Grizz beak and thanks for so much extra room you added to my tarp and hammock area. Out Standing!! Thomas

MacEntyre
02-02-2010, 14:55
Thomas, that will be perfect in the Sipsey rain forest! :cool:

Does it block out any of the snoring from next door? :confused:

:lol:

Perkolady
02-02-2010, 15:04
Thanks for your post and the photos! It was great to see the Grizz beaks in action! Brrrrr! Looks like they'd sure come in handy in that weather for sure!

Rug
02-02-2010, 15:57
I have ordered one too. You know a winning design when you see it. Now I need to buy more tent-pegs!!!

MedicineMan
02-02-2010, 16:44
Thomas,Rug-great minds think alike :)
Thomas, you set yours up differently than I did-your way give a lot more room and according to TQ who accessed my 'pitch' of the beaks sheds more wind...my way used the guyline on each corner of the tarp crossing over pulling the beak wings in place. Just letting folks know there are options even in beak setup.

hikingshoes
02-02-2010, 17:06
I was one of the lucky ones that won a Grizz beak at Mt.Rogers. I added it to my Hennessy Hex tarp. It fit like a charm and was simple. I had my bags of extra stuff hanging at the ends of my hammock and my backpack laying on the ground. After I added the Grizz beak I moved my bags of stuff that had snow in them under under the beak. I also got my snow covered backpack and hung it under the beak. What a difference the Grizz beak makes!!! It blocks out wind, snow and I'm sure rain. I added a garage to my tarp and hammock area!!! It made so much extra room for so little weight! And if you know anything about 2Q&ZQ the quality of their products is outstanding!! Thanks for my Grizz beak and thanks for so much extra room you added to my tarp and hammock area. Out Standing!! Thomas

Thomas,
Very nice setup there my friend.I like it.I may have to check those out before i leave in April.HS

Shug
02-02-2010, 17:46
Sweet Bankhead .... nice in that snow, eh? Mighty fine to have the room and wind/snow block.
Lucky you on the win!!!!
Shug

bigbamaguy
02-02-2010, 17:48
Thomas:
Congrats on the beak win and good looking photos.

Bankheadboy
02-02-2010, 17:58

:lol:[/QUOTE] Thats a good one! I hope it does! And I'm sure they hope it keeps snoring sounds in.:lol: Thanks all! I was lucky to win the Grizz beaks. I was debating on the Grizz beak or the sew on doors. It made my mind up for me.

Dutch
02-02-2010, 18:22
Grizz beaks are awsome and for $40 you can make your favorite tarp a winter tarp.

Ekul
02-02-2010, 18:43
ZQ did it again. Made me smile. Tried my GrizzBeak out in 30-40mph gusts in cloudland canyon state park GA. Huge difference! Cant say enough about 2QZQ. Good people!

Hetairoi
02-02-2010, 21:04
And I'm sure they hope it keeps snoring sounds in.:lol:

I can attest that it does NOT keep snoring sounds in :D

Running Feather
02-19-2010, 18:19
I hit the trail today with the Hangin' Burrito. Set up my cool new DIY Grizz Beaks - Psych :boggle:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=2287

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=243&pictureid=2288

Thanks Grizz

GrizzlyAdams
02-19-2010, 18:27
Fine looking peak!

questtrek
02-19-2010, 18:38
Hey thanks for posting ....
I'm going to be buying the Grizz beaks soon for my Warbonnet Big Mamajamba. Thanks for showing me how they'll look ....:) .....:lol:

Doctari
02-19-2010, 19:49
Thomas, that will be perfect in the Sipsey rain forest! :cool:

:lol:

I did not snore that loud! Must have been Thing 1, she was closer to you. :scared:

Oh, OK, yes I did. :D

I really like the beak, may even get one myself for next winter.

MedicineMan
02-19-2010, 23:35
'I am more of a rock thrower!' Nothing wrong with mastering the slingshot or a sling!!
concerning all the talk about Glocks I can only reflect back to the sage widsom imparted in the movie 'The Graduate' :)

Shug
02-20-2010, 00:19
I hit the trail today with the Hangin' Burrito. Set up my cool new DIY Grizz Beaks - Psych :boggle:
Thanks Grizz
Hey .... good ... so good to see you living-in-NC-but-from-NY fellers out in the snow.
Beaks look terrific!
Have a time .... a good ol' time.
Shug