PDA

View Full Version : What's a quality hammock between an ENO Doublenest and ENO Singlenest in size?

teddy12b
10-10-2017, 07:49
I'm a big fan of the Eno doublenest, and I'm happy with what I've got, but I also have that generic flaw that makes me want to seek out perfection at every turn. My only grip about the doublenest is how much the side wrap up around me and form a cocoon. I tried out a singlenest and the sides didn't wrap around enough for me to feel completely comfortable. I really like the length of both of the hammocks, but I'd like to get something dialed in on the width. As far as sleep quality goes,

I think there's only been one time where I didn't fall asleep within minutes of laying down in a hammock so at the end of the day, I can't complain. I'm just searching for that unicorn of hammock that's just perfect in every way. I only have experience with ENO hammocks, so I literally have nothing to compare to. Maybe they're the best or worst out there, I don't know but I've always slept well.

Any suggestions from those more experienced than I am?

TrailSlug
10-10-2017, 07:53
My suggestion would be to go to a local group hang and test some hammocks out. In my opinion if you like ENO's then you've got no where to go but up as all of the popular vendor hammocks that many of us use are much more comfortable than the ENO line are.

OneClick
10-10-2017, 08:47
That wraparound effect seems to be about the same on all my hammocks but not something that bothers me. It has a lot to do with how you're lying in it. If you're not at much of a diagonal, it will come up both sides opposed to just the right side (or foot side) depending on your direction.

I prefer 10' hammocks to reduce the material hanging around me, and I think the width on my hammocks are all about the same - 60".

I've tried about 8 different hammocks before settling on two as my primary hammocks. Sometimes you just have to try a few out to know for sure.

Flash Grundelore
10-10-2017, 10:23
While the form factor is the same on most gathered-end hammocks, it's the length and fabric choice that make the real differences. ENO uses a pretty generic fabric.
Your body size and sleeping position determine the length [and width], and your weight affects the fabric choices. Each one changes the comfort.
I +1 the idea of going to a group hang and asking to try out options before just buying something

Pennsy Camp and Canoe
10-10-2017, 10:29
Knotty mod on gatheted hammocks help reduce the extra material on the sides too. I didn't realize how much until after I made a hammock for Laurie without a knotty mod and she complained about material on her face.