PDA

View Full Version : Hammocking 101: Buying a Hammock System

johnspenn
11-06-2017, 08:59
Hello all, here is the latest installment of our "Hammocking 101" series. We discuss different strategies to employ for the person just getting in to hammocking and wanting to make their initial purchases. Hopefully it will be a benefit to some of y'all that are wanting to start using hammocks and making purchases but are overwhelmed with the whole process.

Hammocking 101: Buying a Hammock System (https://couch2trail.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/hammocking-101-buying-a-hammock-system/)

HTH!

alifeoutdoors
11-06-2017, 09:12
Great article for the uninitiated. It might be worth mentioning that while Warbonnet doesn't offer full packages like AHE they do offer discount codes if you buy items together. For example I saved $30 by buying the XLC and Wookie together. My favorite code is "the full monty" (lol) where you save $40 if you buy all four pieces (hammock, tarp, uq, tq).

Cabmanhang
11-06-2017, 09:50
That's a nice extensive introduction, John.

It's good to see an experienced hanger's perspective, laying out the buying options.

I think for a lot of folks that watch Shug and others, the first question is "How do I go about acquiring these things and how much will it cost?"

You've provided a lot of good options for people of all budgets.

Really enjoying the C2T blog. Good stuff.

ChrisJHC
11-06-2017, 17:55
Good article (as are the others).

You could, of course, combine the BOCO and BFYB strategies by buying top-of-the-line products second-hand through this forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johnspenn
11-07-2017, 19:40
Great article for the uninitiated. It might be worth mentioning that while Warbonnet doesn't offer full packages like AHE they do offer discount codes if you buy items together. For example I saved $30 by buying the XLC and Wookie together. My favorite code is "the full monty" (lol) where you save $40 if you buy all four pieces (hammock, tarp, uq, tq).

That's a great point. I will comment the article with that info. Thanks!

That's a nice extensive introduction, John.

It's good to see an experienced hanger's perspective, laying out the buying options.

I think for a lot of folks that watch Shug and others, the first question is "How do I go about acquiring these things and how much will it cost?"

You've provided a lot of good options for people of all budgets.

Really enjoying the C2T blog. Good stuff.

Thanks Cabmanhang!

Good article (as are the others).

You could, of course, combine the BOCO and BFYB strategies by buying top-of-the-line products second-hand through this forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly right. The strategies are not mutually exclusive! Thanks!

Dlrocm
11-25-2017, 20:45
An old scout buddy of mine seems interested in trying out hammock camping. I'm glad that I read through your buying strategies before he starts asking more questions. I agree with your "BFYB" strategy, and that's basically how I was going to guide his thinking. Great post!

johnspenn
11-25-2017, 21:26
An old scout buddy of mine seems interested in trying out hammock camping. I'm glad that I read through your buying strategies before he starts asking more questions. I agree with your "BFYB" strategy, and that's basically how I was going to guide his thinking. Great post!

Thanks, and I hope it helps him out!