PDA

View Full Version : More hobbies!

MondayHopscotch
02-07-2010, 13:23
Hey everybody, glad to see more forums hanging around that cover the many goofy hobbies I've picked up over the last year!

I live in Denver (Lakewood, specifically), CO. Got into hammocking probably about 6 months ago, pretty much just out of boredom -- same thing can be said for most of my interests. Started with one I made out of just some heavy-weight cotton fabric and some poly-rope i bought at Home Depot, but it turned out to be too short and too narrow (probably 7ft x 48in). So I made another one a month ago or so that I set up in my room to sleep in that's made of canvas (9ft x 60in) and some better rope i picked up at REI. And finally, my third hammock that i just made yesterday is one I intend to take hiking/camping which i made out of some rip-stop.

My friend and I did some 'test' camping in our older hammocks towards the end of last summer, and we tried our current setups a few weeks ago on a night that got down to 20 degrees (didn't go so well, haha. But now we know what we need to improve on).

That's the gist of my history with hammocks. Hope my stay here will be a knowledgeable one!

slowhike
02-07-2010, 14:41
Welcome to HF. You're in good hammocking company out there in CO.
Have you checked out the HF Google map on the home page?

Kukri
02-07-2010, 14:54
Lots of DIY'ers here, I'm sure you'll fit in nicely.

Sevens
02-07-2010, 16:12
Hey bud. I'm up in north Denver! Welcome.

We've got a winter hang (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=204437) coming up in a few weeks you ought to join us. I'm new at this stuph as well. Me and the boy are going to learn.

Newbin'it up!,
-Sevens-

MondayHopscotch
02-08-2010, 00:45
Welcome to HF. You're in good hammocking company out there in CO.
Have you checked out the HF Google map on the home page?

Didn't know it existed! I'll check it out in just a few minutes.

Hey bud. I'm up in north Denver! Welcome.

We've got a winter hang (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?p=204437) coming up in a few weeks you ought to join us. I'm new at this stuph as well. Me and the boy are going to learn.

Newbin'it up!,
-Sevens-

Haha -- Like i mentioned in my first post, We tried sleeping outside a few weeks ago, didn't go too well. Need to figure out secondary insulation (things besides the sleeping bag ). But i'll get around to that.

Shug
02-15-2010, 19:25
A Whoooo Buddy Welcome MondayHopscotch!
Shug says Hey.