PDA

View Full Version : Gear Hammock suspension?

dchrismer
01-16-2018, 20:53
Hello Everyone
I recently purchased the MM Gear Hammock. I'm curious if most people just use the strings to tie to trees or if they use some type of lightweight suspension.
I was thinking of getting tree straps and maybe some dutch hardware.
However, before doing that I'd like to find out what other people do.

thank you.

fallkniven
01-16-2018, 21:28
Small diameter string with a prusik and a mini carabiner

TxAggie
01-16-2018, 21:50
Whoppies made from ZingIt with a mitten hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShortRound
01-16-2018, 22:37
I suggest Sheltowee hammock cinch pull buckle / webbing. Hands down the Easiest cinch buckle system made. Contact Alex gash & ask about the cinch pull buckles / suspension... you won’t regret it.

Dvankirk
01-17-2018, 10:02
I have mine set up similar to a tarp suspension - 1.75mm dyneema with a dutch hook spiced on one end and a stingerz on the other for quick attachment to the loops through the gear hammock. I thought about permanently attaching some bling to the gear hammock, but I like the idea of being able to use the line if I need it for something else.

dchrismer
01-20-2018, 22:55
thanks everyone for the suggestions. I will check them out.

mrcheviot
02-17-2018, 00:19
I have a MYOG seep inspired gear hammock, still integrating it and haven't settled on where I want the adjustment point, so I set it up to adjust from both ends of the suspension line.

Using zing-it, set up a la sqidmark's SMURL (search for it), with the UCR at the gear hammock end, a prussik on the line, s-biner, and an end loop. So basically what fallkniven has with an extra adjustment point.

Lots of things will work, just avoid a V at the tree.

Five Tango
02-17-2018, 07:05
I put Dutch's Beetle Buckles on my hammock suspension and put the main hammock CL's on it,then a conventional whoopie sling for the gear hammock.Both the whoopie and the CL go on the beetle buckle with no issues.Gives me an option to have whoopies for the main hammock should the need ever arise.

HanginEgger
02-17-2018, 08:24
I suggest Sheltowee hammock cinch pull buckle / webbing. Hands down the Easiest cinch buckle system made. Contact Alex gash & ask about the cinch pull buckles / suspension... you won’t regret it.

Do you have any pictures of this set up. They don't have any on the Sheltowee site.