PDA

View Full Version : 2QZQ having problems with emails/internet provider.

2Questions
02-03-2018, 23:07
Our internet provider is having issues with their email program, and it isn't reliable right now with no idea when it will be again...could be up to a month.

This isn't the first issue we have had with them...they were great until the larger company bought them. :( Therefore we are changing providers. This will happen this coming week. Until then...

If you sent us an email, and we didn't respond...it could be that we never received it, or we did receive and responded, but it didn't send, and we had no way of knowing this. Please contact us again with a private message through Hammock Forums.

Thank you,
Donna

TrailSlug
02-04-2018, 11:27
I's recommend getting a GMail account as these have proven to be rock solid over the years and you do not have to change if you change internet providers.

Vanhalo
02-04-2018, 13:19
Our internet provider is having issues with their email program, and it isn't reliable right now with no idea when it will be again...could be up to a month.

This isn't the first issue we have had with them...they were great until the larger company bought them. :( Therefore we are changing providers. This will happen this coming week. Until then...

If you sent us an email, and we didn't respond...it could be that we never received it, or we did receive and responded, but it didn't send, and we had no way of knowing this. Please contact us again with a private message through Hammock Forums.

Thank you,
Donna

It looks like your provider offers "Gmail at your domain" (http://www.fatcow.com/product/advanced-email/) email services.

You could add that to your plan and use

[email protected] ([email protected]) as your email address

$5/month

FatCow
[email protected]
888-278-9780

2Questions
02-05-2018, 10:28
Thank you for your suggestions!
We do have another email address...all emails sent through our website go to [email protected] ...they are then forwarded to our home address...easier for me.
We hope things will be much better after we change providers. We have had other issues with our provider...this was the straw that broke the camel's back! I was holding out because I didn't want to have to change our email address, but we don't really have a choice anymore. If I can't have confidence my emails are sending, that isn't good!
Donna

Vanhalo
02-05-2018, 11:18
Thank you for your suggestions!
We do have another email address...all emails sent through our website go to [email protected] ...they are then forwarded to our home address...easier for me.
We hope things will be much better after we change providers. We have had other issues with our provider...this was the straw that broke the camel's back! I was holding out because I didn't want to have to change our email address, but we don't really have a choice anymore. If I can't have confidence my emails are sending, that isn't good!
Donna

Configure the [email protected] on your local client using the IMAP option.

It will act like a web mailbox.

Your ISP would be taken out of the forwarding process.

BillyBob58
02-05-2018, 13:07
I had recently sent you an e-mail re: bridge UQPs, asking:
1: Are the 2 fabrics, M\Argon 90 and Multicam Quantum pretty water resistant and windproof? ( I am used to non-breathable sil-nylon for that function with my HHSS)
2: Does the water resistance last a long time?
3: Any difference in these 2 fabrics re: the above questions?
4: what is the dif in weight and price for the pad supporting version?

Thanks! Hope your tech problem is solved by the new provider!
Bill

2Questions
02-05-2018, 14:38
I had recently sent you an e-mail re: bridge UQPs, asking:
1: Are the 2 fabrics, M\Argon 90 and Multicam Quantum pretty water resistant and windproof? ( I am used to non-breathable sil-nylon for that function with my HHSS)
2: Does the water resistance last a long time?
3: Any difference in these 2 fabrics re: the above questions?
4: what is the dif in weight and price for the pad supporting version?

Thanks! Hope your tech problem is solved by the new provider!
Bill

Hi Bill,
Yes, I received your email last night. I wanted to call you instead of replying via email because talking is easier/faster for me. I just called and left a message on your phone. I didn't have time to call this morning.
Thank you for making sure I received your email! I appreciate it!
Donna

BillyBob58
02-05-2018, 15:04
Hi Bill,
Yes, I received your email last night. I wanted to call you instead of replying via email because talking is easier/faster for me. I just called and left a message on your phone. I didn't have time to call this morning.
Thank you for making sure I received your email! I appreciate it!
Donna
Yes, Donna, I just saw your missed call and voice mail, thanks! I'll try and give you a call later!