PDA

View Full Version : Quilt Blowout

georgecarr
03-21-2018, 12:35
I've been meaning to do this for a while, and I finally got a few minutes to put this together. We've accumulated a number of quilts over the last year and we're going to offer them at a discount. Some have minor blemishes and some are new. All are clearly marked with a description and photos.

You canfind the page here: https://www.locolibregear.com/gear.html#!/In-Stock/c/28347821/offset=0&sort=normal

Cruiser51
03-21-2018, 15:07
Is there supposed to be more than just the one?

QFT
03-21-2018, 15:31
Is there supposed to be more than just the one?

There were 3 when I looked a little earlier... I guess they're pretty popular

WayHigh
03-21-2018, 16:01
I clicked on it pretty early and there were 6 quilts.

georgecarr
03-21-2018, 16:24
We put 6 up and they're going that fast.

Just Bill
03-21-2018, 16:26
Figured I'd check out one of your bridge quilts and take it off yer hands... so one guilty party here, lol.

sloanie
03-21-2018, 18:37
Figured I'd check out one of your bridge quilts and take it off yer hands... so one guilty party here, lol.

Any chance you'll try pairing it with a Luxury Bridge / Big Boy? ;)

cneill13
03-21-2018, 19:53
I am going to have to pay up for one of these quilts.

Too many over the top good reviews.

Just Bill
03-22-2018, 10:31
Any chance you'll try pairing it with a Luxury Bridge / Big Boy? ;)

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php/141285-Testing-the-fit-of-Bridge-Specific-UQ-s-on-the-Towns-End-Luxury-Bridge

Peppy and a few others have checked out RR specific quilts to differing success.
But yes, I'll try tossing it on there to see how it goes for sure.
Though I have higher hopes for it fitting on my medium sized bridges.
I think the biggest boys will find it too narrow to be honest. Though folks around my size or smaller will likely find it works okay. I've personally been using the incubator more often than not as that's the easiest for me.

Also just figured I'd pick one up to check out George's work too... though seems he didn't need my help with his spring cleaning project :scared: those quilts were gone in a second.

Still swamped with my day job and house rehab... I've been picking up a few things though here and there though hoping to put them to use in the next few months.

I'm currently 'bedridden' unfortunately so I haven't been hanging much the last month or two.
When I wrap up around midnight and get up at 6 it's been easier to pass out on the couch, lazyboy or sometimes I make it all the way to my bed since I don't have a safe spot to leave my hammock stuff set up at the moment.

sloanie
03-22-2018, 11:00
I'll have to try the standard style (incubator) on my Big Boy and see how that works. Didn't you have photos of a double width Exped pad on one of your bridges? No idea how you pulled that off--the Big Boy you sent me is not terribly wide in the center, not sure I could put much more than a 25-30" pad there.

I'm glad "bedridden" doesn't mean sick! Glad to see you around despite how crazy your hours are.

Just Bill
03-22-2018, 11:25
LOL.. I'm not sure I'm the first to say 'bedridden' in terms of being away from the hammocks.

The big pad doesn't 'fit' per say, but if you leave it fairly stiff it actually makes the bridge even bigger.
The middle of the bridge is roughly 32", so the pad 'fills in' the cat cut area and extends out.

The original big boy design was actually for my own personal use to use the duo pad I got for ground use with one of my kids and build a bridge around it.
If you're having trouble with your top quilt spilling or draft problems in the center... this pad is very nice for that. So it's not so much that you would lay outside the bridge, but that the pad there helps you 'stay in' when you sleep on the edges. It gives enough room for me to sleep right on the edge and give a kiddo room to lay next to me without falling out.

But anyway... loco libre thread, lol. :scared:

ObdewlaX
03-24-2018, 16:17
Whoo hoo! Got my LL Saver Series 30 deg Habanero under quilt, 50" from the Quilt Blowout sale... it's pretty sweet! :thumbup:

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/6/7/9/7/8/ffed7d23-68e2-406b-a8b6-1e09a0081d6d.jpeg?cache=1521925907

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/6/7/9/7/8/0793fe07-f55c-49ae-a148-c742054a86c9.jpeg?cache=1521925999