PDA

View Full Version : Another Scout Only Giveaway - Lightweight Hammock and 3/4 Quilt

alifeoutdoors
06-21-2018, 17:09
I've got a good one here so let's hold another raffle for the Scouts. Scout Masters chime in for your troop, parents for your chillins' and obviously individual scout forum members. Scouts under age of 18 please get your parents permission to enter. The disclaimer: you must be affiliated with the Scouts (girl or boy, are they still separate? sorry I don't have children).

I tested a light weight summer setup of a dutchware half zip and a phoenix 40 trying to see how light I could go. However I'm still just not happy with the fiddle factor of a regular quilt and have become to addicted to the set it and forget it warbonnet system so I'll suck up the extra 6 or 8 ounces and keep on, keeping on with my regular blackbird. (No offense Dutch, this is my favorite hammock so far, I call it the "swiss army of hammocks" so comfy and so many places to attach....everything. It's all about the wooki.) So I'm going to give this up to the scouts. It's a great starter setup.

The Rules: Just as stated above, affiliated with the scouts. Simply post "I'm in" and you're in. It'll be the standard random number generator. First "I'm in" post will become #1 and then moving forward by timestamp. I'm aware from previous give away's (and I believe it's still this way) that under 50 post members can not post to this forum. If it's all right with the moderators you can PM me for entry and I will tack you on at the end in order of PM's received. I will leave the entries open till 10PM CST Sunday June the 24th with a daily bump. This will hopefully be able to reach the people that only have time to check in on the forums over the weekend. At 10PM my time stamp I will post a entry "closing" available entry and roll the program. I'd like to keep the thread open so I can post the winner here in case there is an issue with private messaging (full inbox, system error etc). As always I wish I had something for everyone. Good luck!!

Note: I won't have a lot of time for replies so thank you in advance and thank you hammock forums for being a sane, honorable place to dwell in these......turbulent times. We just got a major storm system through Northern Wisconsin.....again and it's all hands on deck for North Country Trail volunteers......again. So between work and checking my sections I probably will not be on that often till Sunday. I do work online though so if you have any questions I will try to sneak in an answer here or there.

The Goods:

Dutchware Half Zipped 1.6 Argon Coyote Brown, Peak Shelf, Storage Pocket (can go on the side, ridgeline etc)
Sorry I don't have a suspension for it, it's just continuous loops. I do probably have a spare warbonnet suspension laying around if you need it.
Hammock Gear Phoenix 40 Dutchware Version

http://alifeoutdoors.com/images/halfZipped.jpg

http://alifeoutdoors.com/images/phoenix40.JPG

Cory Hess
06-21-2018, 17:33
My boy's a scout, and I'm on the committee. He's been begging for his own hammock set up since I let him use mine for a scout campout last summer. I was planning on buying him one in August for his birthday, but I'm sure he'd love to get one before the summer instead of after it.

Thanks for the opportunity. I'm definitely in.

jgreenewv
06-21-2018, 17:43
I'm in. Assistant Scoutmaster, I can definitely find a good home for this with one of the Scouts. :D

rais'n hammock
06-21-2018, 18:14
I'm in...
I am a scout master and have 20+ boys in the troop. Many are into the hammocks as we made them for an activity last year. Some are without. This will be a great start for a lucky but deserving youngster.
I would be happy to add a suspension to this for them.

If needed I would add the suspension to it whoever wins.

Scoutmaster1056
06-21-2018, 18:20
You are such a generous person!!

I am in!

I took my son and grandson backpacking over father’s day weekend, we had a great time! My grandson is a young scout and would love his own setup. We were able to borrow items so that he could join us last weekend.

jeff-oh
06-21-2018, 21:23
I'm in. Have an girl in an active outdoor troop. Thank you.

ag1024
06-22-2018, 08:07
I'm in.
I am a former Scoutmaster of Troop 909 and current ASM of Troop 153 in Tulsa, OK. I have been hammock camping since 2004, and am trying each year to get the scouts interested in hammock camping, as I see it as the most comfortable and least environmentally destructive mode of camping I have found. Last week I spent a week at scout summer camp, and foregoed the cabin tents so I could use my Hennessy Expedition for six nights. Good times.

alifeoutdoors
06-22-2018, 08:20
Morning Bump. Thanks everyone, you're in the line up (including PM entries)

GreatBigDave
06-22-2018, 08:36
We're good on gear so this is not an entry but I wanted to say Thanks! for supporting Scouting.

Otter1
06-22-2018, 08:49
I'm not in but thank you for doing this.

Now to prep a giveaway of my own....

vtrhyno
06-22-2018, 09:03
ASM for a 55 scout troop here. I'm probably responsible for a lot of the hammock camping interest. It would be great to be able to pass this along to some of the scouts who have interest but no funds.

I'm in.

slugbait
06-22-2018, 09:54
I'm in- thank you for doing this!

James Fowler
06-22-2018, 12:03
I'm in - for Troop 3752 (Canton GA). I don't think I'm officially an ASM yet but I'm a registered adult leader and I apparently volunteered to take over hammock safety at summer camp last week...

Shug
06-22-2018, 12:05
I am an old Scout but am well kitted out so pass it on to a young scout and change their world!!!!
Bravo for your generosity.
Shug

James Fowler
06-22-2018, 12:08
Also, I can throw in some 2" orange tree huggers and whoopie slings for whoever wins this (although it might take some time - just ordering the webbing for a bunch of these today).

alifeoutdoors
06-22-2018, 12:21
Thanks Shug. Aye this is how we keep our wild places, one Scout at a time ;) And a big thanks to everyone throwing in on helping with a suspension. I'm really touched you're joining the effort. Much gratitude.

Twokag
06-22-2018, 12:23
I’m in. ASM. Son has his eagle application in for verification. Hoping for Court of Honor early fall.

mbal1856
06-22-2018, 12:56
I'm not in, but thanks for doing this again. My son is still using the tarp I won from you last year when you did this. Your generosity is much appreciated.

Hefty Hanger
06-22-2018, 13:26
I'm in.

Organizational rep and den leader for pack 206. Alleghany Highlands.

Would love to give this to one of my boys. Thanks for doing this.

duckyy
06-24-2018, 10:31
I'm not in personally but my hiking buddy's kid just joined the scouts. I bet he would love this as his first setup. Great giveaway!

alifeoutdoors
06-24-2018, 10:39
Morning bump. Last day to get your name in and then I'll roll "the dice" at 10 pm this evening.

Skytow
06-24-2018, 16:26
I’m in for troop 18!

Just back from our latest outing whitewater rafting in NE PA.

ASM JD

And thanks for supporting scouting!

Suburban
06-24-2018, 20:40
I'm in. We have several in our troop who hammock camp. Others looking to get into it.

Thank you for supporting scouts.

alifeoutdoors
06-24-2018, 22:01
Thanks all, I have 10PM cst timestamp on my machine so I'm going to close entry below this post. I've put the final numbers into my database and hit go shortly. I'll post the winner here and try sending a PM.

alifeoutdoors
06-24-2018, 22:08
Congrats Scoutmaster1056. Random numbers selected number 4 and you were the 4th entry. I'll be sending you a PM as well for the details. Thanks again to everyone.

rais'n hammock
06-25-2018, 00:13
Congrats scoutmaster 1056. I am happy to contribute some whoopie slings to the package if you would like.
Let me know if you need some.

And a big thanks to alifeoutdoors for being so generous!

Scoutmaster1056
06-25-2018, 05:41
I want to thank alifeoutdoors for his generous donation and I am sure that my grandson will enjoy his new gear!

To rais'n hammock, thanks for the offer of some whoopie slings but I think that I will start him off with a set of straps for now. I think that will be better for him at this point since he is young and just getting started.

alifeoutdoors
06-25-2018, 08:37
Thanks again everyone. All have been contacted and the details are set so I'm going to go ahead and close the thread. I'll hopefully see you at the next one :)