PDA

View Full Version : Hanger from VA

Lonehanger
02-24-2010, 20:06
I been hiking for 2 years i try to go out twice a year. i have a HH and ENO and havent used them on the trail just in the backyard. I finally made my mind up to use a hammock due to the weight vs a tent and the bug and weather protection of a tarp. I been tring to find info on hammock camping and found this site buy watching Shug's vids on youtube.

mbiraman
02-24-2010, 20:15
Welcome to the forum. Shug has just recently put out a few hammock vid's for those who are new to hammock camping. There worth a watch as an introduction. You'll be able to get all the info you need here at HF for successful hammock camping and bank account depletion, (-;

Shug
02-24-2010, 20:20
Shug says "Hey" Lonehicker ..... oops ... Lonehiker.
Whoooooo Buddy........

Peter_pan
02-24-2010, 20:31
Lonehanger,

Welcome to the Forum and the Hanging Gang... We are around the corner from you in York County off Rte 17...Give us a shout and stop by sometime.

Pan

opie984
02-25-2010, 09:55
Welcome to the Hammock Forums--it's a black hole that you'll find yourself drawn to everytime you have access to the net ;) But I can guarantee you're going to love hiking/camping with your hammock.

Gracadruid
02-25-2010, 20:11
Hey Lonehanger, Welcome to the forums. Take Peter Pan up on his to visit their shop. I stopped by there yesterday, Awesome setup. Both Jacks are wealth of information, really enjoyed talking to them.:D

Where at in Hampton are you? I am up by the York County and Poquoson line.

Tomahawk
02-25-2010, 20:32
Hey Lonehangar and Gracadruid,

I live in Newport News...long time backpacker...short time hammocker. Have you made it up to Shenandoah Nat Park recently? I have been there three times since I moved to VA.

Peter_pan
02-25-2010, 20:42
WOW.... The Peninsula Area is starting to get quite large...:D

Any close by south-siders?

Pan

WrongTurn
02-25-2010, 20:44
Another Hampton Resident here, though I go to college in the western part of the state. We should try to do a York River State Park hang sometime this summer.

Lonehanger
02-26-2010, 14:53
Tomahawk I live outside of Langley ABF off King St. it would be cool to meet up some time. Peter Pan where is your shop I don't have any plans this weekend i would like to stop buy.

Peter_pan
02-26-2010, 16:58
Tomahawk I live outside of Langley ABF off King St. it would be cool to meet up some time. Peter Pan where is your shop I don't have any plans this weekend i would like to stop buy.

Lonehanger,

We are behind the County Line BBQ on 17.... But please do not come on the weekends,which includes Fridays, because we are closed then... otherwise , give us a shout and stop by.

Pan

WrongTurn
02-26-2010, 21:02
I'm off of little back river rd near the king street gate.

babelfish5
02-26-2010, 21:17
Welcome LoneHanger!!

I'm glad you decided to become enlightened. The hammock world is comfortable and wonderful. Welcome to the darkside. We have cookies. :).

There are plenty of resources here to educate you how to hang and be relaxed in the wild. Feel free to ask any questions you need answered.

Regards,
B5.