PDA

View Full Version : Dale doing OK? Still in business?

BillyBob58
08-08-2018, 14:35
I have not seen or heard anything about TTTG gear in quite a while. I know Dale had some health problems a while back, but I was hoping he had recovered. But it has been pretty quiet. I called and left a message the other day, have not heard anything, and previous e-mails went unanswered. I hope he is OK. It has been about a year since there was any activity at this TTTG forum.

This was some pretty highly esteemed gear, what with the Switchback hammocks and The Speer Pea Pod, Polar Pod and hammocks that he took over from Ed Speer.

Dutch
08-09-2018, 16:55
We hung out in May and he was doing good considering health problems.

MAD777
08-09-2018, 17:49
My wife hangs in my old Switchback. She loves it. Hope Dale is doing well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Shug
08-09-2018, 19:12
Hickery saw Dale.
He still exists.
Shug

XJ35S
08-10-2018, 03:08
So he's doing well, but what about the business? Anyone younger healthier continuing on? outsourcing?

DGrav
08-10-2018, 06:30
Saw him at Traildays and he was doing better. On his Instagram he’s getting out hiking and fishing. Great guy, I love talking good beer with him!

BillyBob58
08-10-2018, 09:47
Wonderful to hear that he is doing OK, especially considering his health issues. I'm guessing he is not in business anymore?

Dutch
08-13-2018, 21:33
I believe the business is on auto pilot. Dale is still there and they have outside seamstresses make their products. As far as I know you can still order and they still ship to you pretty fast.

BillyBob58
08-15-2018, 00:20
I believe the business is on auto pilot. Dale is still there and they have outside seamstresses make their products. As far as I know you can still order and they still ship to you pretty fast.

That is good to know, but it would make me nervous to order something expensive if I have not had a return phone call or e-mail. Maybe I will try the phone again. It went straight to voice mail the other day.

goobie
08-15-2018, 06:22
The sale of an overstuffed polar pod wasn't enough to get an email reply a couple years ago. I'd be very nervous ordering without confirmation....

krispie
09-13-2018, 11:29
Ordered some spectra line from the site a week ago and status still says Awaiting Fulfillment today. Sent a email yesterday cause site says that it normally ships in under 24 hours and I have not gotten a reply. I have however been charged for line. Not feeling the best about this. :) Probably will call my credit card company and have the charge reversed if I don't hear back in a day or so.

krispie
09-13-2018, 12:55
Just got an updated order status... Order Shipped. So appears orders are still going out.

BillyBob58
09-14-2018, 08:20
Just got an updated order status... Order Shipped. So appears orders are still going out.

Well, that is good to hear. Still, I don't know why they are doing business in such a fashion. I think there are lots of folks who who would would be very hesitant tp place a big order(like a Pea or Polar Pod) without being able to communicate with the company.