PDA

View Full Version : chameleon question

presta24
09-16-2018, 19:08
I bought a used chameleon off of here. Its has a bunch of d rings sewn on the inside of the hammock. What are these used for?

PlusOne
09-16-2018, 19:14
You can attach a variety of accessories to them like gear organizers, gear shelves, pillow tether, etc. I don't have that stuff yet, so they are just there, unused.

presta24
09-16-2018, 20:05
During the summer months if it isn't brutal I lay on a light blanket. Was thinking of tethering that to this d rings so it doesn't slide down

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wbJohn
09-16-2018, 22:05
I bought a used chameleon off of here. Its has a bunch of d rings sewn on the inside of the hammock. What are these used for?The d rings closest to the ends are used for the peak shelf. Other for other accessories. I'm sure some are there just in case Dutch comes up with another brilliant idea in the future.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Flash Grundelore
09-17-2018, 06:04
Those rings will work great with the pack hooks, mini-combo hooks, free hooks, and LineLoc hooks for any MYOG/DIY you can think up!

Klemvore
09-18-2018, 14:50
During the summer months if it isn't brutal I lay on a light blanket. Was thinking of tethering that to this d rings so it doesn't slide down

That sounds like an accessory to me.. so yup that is what it was designed for.

Wonder if I have ever seen you on the trails out here... looks like we should stomp the same grounds.

presta24
09-18-2018, 14:54
That sounds like an accessory to me.. so yup that is what it was designed for.

Wonder if I have ever seen you on the trails out here... looks like we should stomp the same grounds.I don't typically camp too much in Ohio. Unless I'm taking my 6yo old daughter. Then its tent camping and at a camp ground. I wheel a lot Kentucky so most of my hammocking is there. Or in my back yard lol