PDA

View Full Version : Goose down price change..

stormcrow
03-02-2010, 01:29
Hi all,

Just wanted to take a second to let you know I am lowering the price on 800fill power down. I am not sure yet how long it will be at this new price. That will probably be determined by its availability. Anyway, here is the new price:

$6.50/oz shipped CONUS. That is $1.50 less an ounce from original price. FYI. Thanks guys!

The Perfect Trees (http://www.theperfecttrees.com/products.html#down)

~Stormcrow

edit: Just to clarify, this is not the same goose down that was offered in the recent group buy. This is 800 fill power gray down where the other stuff was 900 and pure white. Both good stuff but you CAN tell the difference

sclittlefield
03-02-2010, 10:59
Holy Snot that's a good deal!

gargoyle
03-02-2010, 15:57
:drool:Thanks stormcrow :drool::drool:
I see feathers in my basement...really soon.:eek:

Thunder
03-03-2010, 22:43
Whats the reason for the price drop? Is it because its gray?

stormcrow
03-03-2010, 23:37

Not necessarily,
You can get 900 fill down in gray as well. Most people do not mind since it is not that noticeable when it is inside a quilt. The exception being if you are using very light colors for you quilt. Sometimes the different colors of light weight fabrics out there will show though some as well.

The price drop is for a number of reasons.
* I want to stay competitive.
* I am getting a better deal on it now because I get so much of it at once.
* I am not using it anymore for my quilts. Not because it is bad stuff by any stretch of the imagination. I personally just like the all white 900 stuff better.
* And, I have a soft spot for the DIY folks out there.

TZBrown
03-04-2010, 07:50
:) This is just to good of a deal to let go by.

I guess I will have to start making a list now of what to build next.

Booties, hood, sleeves, another quilt, vest. 10 OZs may not be enough :(
Any further discount by the pound? ;) :rolleyes:

So much to build and so little time before the snow melts and the hiking begins. Might have to carry over until next fall. :(

Thunder
03-04-2010, 10:04
"The price drop is for a number of reasons.
* I want to stay competitive.
* I am getting a better deal on it now because I get so much of it at once.
* I am not using it anymore for my quilts. Not because it is bad stuff by any stretch of the imagination. I personally just like the all white 900 stuff better.
* And, I have a soft spot for the DIY folks out there. "

Thank you very much!!!!

I will be ordering some in the near future!

By the way, I ordered down from you before and it was top shelf stuff!

stormcrow
03-04-2010, 10:08
By the way, I ordered down from you before and it was top shelf stuff!

Thanks!

~sc

gargoyle
03-04-2010, 10:29
* And, I have a soft spot for the DIY folks out there.

We love you too, Stormy.;)

stormcrow
03-04-2010, 10:48
We love you too, Stormy.;)

:wuv: :boggle:

Hawk-eye
03-04-2010, 10:54

I'll guarantee anything Stormcrow does is top notch ... if he's offering it for sale it's good stuff. If he makes it ... it's top of the line.

The boy doesn't do sub-par anything ... heck one look at that gorgeous wife of his and those cute kids ... the man is GOOD! ;)

... this inspite of the fact he eats slugs and rams tent stakes up his nose! :scared:

Hangin' Burrito
03-04-2010, 11:14
I'll guarantee anything Stormcrow does is top notch ... if he's offering it for sale it's good stuff. If he makes it ... it's top of the line.

The boy doesn't do sub-par anything ... heck one look at that gorgeous wife of his and those cute kids ... the man is GOOD! ;)

... this inspite of the fact he eats slugs and rams tent stakes up his nose! :scared:

....and can balance an umbrella on his nose!:lol::lol::laugh:

TZBrown
03-10-2010, 14:29
Got my down today. Now I have to get busy on projects :)

But where do I start :confused:

Thanks Stormcrow

NCPatrick
03-10-2010, 14:33
But where do I start :confused:

Start at the beginning! :D

Dalton
04-10-2010, 18:25
can you offer the 900 fill by the ounce or are you just selling 800 fill?

stormcrow
04-13-2010, 16:21
900 fill by the ounce.....

I will sell 900 Fill by the 2oz for $8.50/oz but I do not advertise it because it is a little harder to come by. :D

~Stormcrow

G.L.P.
04-14-2010, 07:23
900 fill by the ounce.....

I will sell 900 Fill by the 2oz for $8.50/oz but I do not advertise it because it is a little harder to come by. :D

~Stormcrow

great...now i'm going to have to make a 900 fill quilt...i hope your happy :rolleyes: :D

abeldanger
04-17-2010, 18:56
Just got 6 ounces of the 800 fill. Time to try making my own 1/2 UQ.

thorwren
04-17-2010, 21:16
Ya'all know it's the wife that fills all those orders and sprinkles little down fluffs wherever she goes that isn't plucked off before running to the store. :)

Hawk-eye
04-18-2010, 11:16
... sort of figure that. You going to let my slug eating friend go to Linville Gorge and play in May? ;)