PDA

View Full Version : The SLD Winter Cover Rocks

cneill13
10-15-2018, 08:11
I want to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs for the winter cover on my Trail Lair hammock which I got to finally use this past weekend as temperatures dipped into the mid-40's in the North Georgia mountains.

A really like the way the winter cover design is integrated with a separate zipper which overlays the cover onto the bug net. Once in place, the hammock opens and closes just like before with a single zipper on each side.

Unlike other winter cover designs I have used, the SLD winter cover zipper allows it to be opened as needed. (Sorry for no up close pics). I was actually a little hot with my 20 degree top and bottom quilts so I reached out and opened the winter cover by my head about a foot and it quickly cooled off.

The best part is that I never had to leave the hammock to open the winter cover. It also made a huge difference in blocking the winds which were howling at between 20-30 miles per hour all night.

ShortRound
10-16-2018, 19:14
I want to give a shout out to Jared at Simply Light Designs for the winter cover on my Trail Lair hammock which I got to finally use this past weekend as temperatures dipped into the mid-40's in the North Georgia mountains.

A really like the way the winter cover design is integrated with a separate zipper which overlays the cover onto the bug net. Once in place, the hammock opens and closes just like before with a single zipper on each side.

Unlike other winter cover designs I have used, the SLD winter cover zipper allows it to be opened as needed. (Sorry for no up close pics). I was actually a little hot with my 20 degree top and bottom quilts so I reached out and opened the winter cover by my head about a foot and it quickly cooled off.

The best part is that I never had to leave the hammock to open the winter cover. It also made a huge difference in blocking the winds which were howling at between 20-30 miles per hour all night.

Another Great Looking Trail Lair Unleashed into the wild!