PDA

View Full Version : Right or left lay?

Tiggen
11-12-2018, 15:22
About to order habanero and have one questions about directional baffles.

I sleep head right/feet left; is that right lay or left lay?

cmoulder
11-12-2018, 17:00
Head right/feet left is typically called a left lay, but remove any doubt by specifically confirming this when ordering.

When I first got into hammocking I would've sworn that head direction would be more important than foot, but nooooo.... :laugh:

Peppy
11-12-2018, 18:36
Head right and your body lays slanted to the left, hence left lay. I'm a left lay, but usually get straight baffles so it can be used by others if needed. Might need to try the directional baffles sometime!

IRONFISH45
11-12-2018, 18:46
I am "Left Lay". I went through a fair amount of gear before I figured out I am a lefty.

I put together a TQ with directional baffles, I did not feel like they made much if any difference except in esthetics. I like the look but the function was not much different.

Tiggen
11-12-2018, 19:38
Thank you all! Time to upgrade from the no-sew PLUQ.

Tiggen
12-11-2018, 22:22
Went with the straight lay. Looks great after cursory glance, can't wiat to use it!

IRONFISH45
12-12-2018, 05:07
I think you will be happy!

Tiggen
12-20-2018, 21:48
After a couple nights in the hammock I have come to the sad conclusion that it is too short for me. It breaks my heart bc it is such a beautiful piece of gear.

I called LL and spoke with George, which is what I should have done in the first place. He set me straight. Now I get to try and sell this one as I wait for my new, longer UQ.

BUT, the good news is that I went ahead and got a TQ, too!

Nedh84
12-26-2018, 15:08
After a couple nights in the hammock I have come to the sad conclusion that it is too short for me. It breaks my heart bc it is such a beautiful piece of gear.

I called LL and spoke with George, which is what I should have done in the first place. He set me straight. Now I get to try and sell this one as I wait for my new, longer UQ.

BUT, the good news is that I went ahead and got a TQ, too!

Yeah. I am glad that I went with longer dimensions than what I thought I needed. My long UQ just so happens to be the perfect length for me.

bigdisgrace
12-26-2018, 17:29
I am "Left Lay". I went through a fair amount of gear before I figured out I am a lefty.

I put together a TQ with directional baffles, I did not feel like they made much if any difference except in esthetics. I like the look but the function was not much different.

The very first thing I did when I crawled in my first hammock was to decide which lay?? For some unknown reason a R lay felt awkward but a L lay felt comfy. I didn't think it would matter but it sure did for me. The difference was like night & day.