PDA

View Full Version : Nunatak Arc Alpinist just retired...

MedicineMan
03-08-2010, 14:19
USPS dropped off a box from Warbonnet Outdoors LLC, inside a new 3 season Mamba. The boots were off in a matter of seconds and under I went.
It has the same brilliant 'tensioning' system found in its big brother the Winter Mamba...the fit at my ht./wt. 6'1" 198ish is just a wee bit more roomy than the winter model--this I'm sure because of much less down. In 20 minutes of expansion and the 2inch loft was met and exceeded...I did order 2 ounces of extra stuffing.
Another work of art from Warbonnetdude. For me (ymmv) I'd expect I can push the freezing make a bit and now I've an excuse to spend the night in the woods.
Thanks Brandon.

Just Jeff
03-08-2010, 21:36
Man, y'all aren't making it easy for me to stick with the gear I have. I keep hearing how awesome all this other down stuff is and my resistance wears down a bit more with every post.

I'm lucky Brandon had loaned out the Mamba at the CWH...else I probably would have tested it for a night and taken one home.

I have plenty of gear. I have plenty of gear. I don't need any more gear. I have plenty of gear.

MedicineMan
03-08-2010, 21:55
The Alpinist was old I tell ya...seriously at 6ish years it has seen its day, no excuse needed.

ringtail-THFKAfood
03-09-2010, 09:29
Brandon delivered my 3 season Black Mamba at the Colorado Winter Hang. I thought he had made a mistake and given me a winter Black Mamba because the loft is huge. I weighed it and it is the correct one. Lots of loft for so little weight.

Hangin'Yankee
03-12-2010, 18:58
Nunatak Arc Alpinist just retired...

So is it for sale... or just hanging from the rafters with the other championship banners and retired numbers? :D

Take-a-knee
03-12-2010, 20:32
Man, y'all aren't making it easy for me to stick with the gear I have. I keep hearing how awesome all this other down stuff is and my resistance wears down a bit more with every post.

I'm lucky Brandon had loaned out the Mamba at the CWH...else I probably would have tested it for a night and taken one home.

I have plenty of gear. I have plenty of gear. I don't need any more gear. I have plenty of gear.

A hammocker who owns a No Sniveler does not need another top quilt...period. A mamba is tapered right? So it is a couple ounces lighter than a NS. Taper your NS and it'll get lighter and have a warmer footbox. That is what I'm going to do to mine.