PDA

View Full Version : New Voyager On The Way

Nameth
02-27-2019, 07:09
I was gonna do a big write up about how I wanted an UL hammock as comfy as my Trail Lair and remembered Jared came up with the Voyager with MichiganDave. And how I sent him an email from work on Sunday night that he responded to, and back and forthed with me until 10:30 or so 'til the emails stopped and figured we were done. I mean even Jared has to sleep, right? But then how I get off work Monday morning, and pull in my driveway at 3:35am with an email notification on my phone from Jared with specific's:

11ft standard Voyager
1.6 Hexon, Dark Olive
4 Quilt hooks
1 head tie-out, right side
Head end Peak Shelf
Orange stitching
1 Matching Saddle Bag

Yep, the perfect hammock!

Then how he told me he had a busy day ahead and would start on mine on Tuesday, but instead how I received my USPS tracking number later that same afternoon and will be sleeping in my new hammock in the woods in our hike this wknd. But, I don't have to do that big 'ol write up, because we all know that's how it usually goes down with Jared.

Oh, he made me one of his Wide Mesh Snakeskins for my HG Cuben Palace too.

I know we may come off as "fanboy's" or suck-ups sometimes, but I truly am impressed with Jared, and I just wanted to express that. Thank you, Sir.

michigandave
02-27-2019, 10:59
I know we may come off as "fanboy's" or suck-ups sometimes, but I truly am impressed with Jared, and I just wanted to express that. Thank you, Sir.

Nothing at all wrong with that and I embrace being a "fanboy". It's no different that any other HF member who does the same thing with a vendor. I've always been brutally honest about my support for SLD and the awesome gear he turns out. Enjoy the Voyageur and post some pics and thoughts about it after you get it.

FYI, just did another 4 nights and 5 days in mine. That puts me at 17 nights of cold weather hanging in mine since this past November.

ShortRound
02-27-2019, 12:58
Another Sld fanboy & proud of it

Intimidator
02-27-2019, 13:25
Jared is the GOAT

OneClick
02-27-2019, 13:46
Voyagerism

Seadug
02-27-2019, 17:49
I have Trail Lair and a Tree Runner already and I see another in the near future. I'm finally figuring out what I like. A modified Voyageur might be what I'm looking for.

Nameth
02-27-2019, 21:10
I have Trail Lair and a Tree Runner already and I see another in the near future. I'm finally figuring out what I like. A modified Voyageur might be what I'm looking for.I lurk on the cottage vendor sites and saw a duplicate of the one he made for me in his "gear up clearance" section. Also, it's being offered again. It really is a great deal. Can't wait to compare it to my Trail Lair.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Seadug
03-20-2019, 08:57
I pulled the trigger and ordered one. 11' coyote brown with dual peak shelves. I also ordered a hug bug net from AHE.

Seadug
03-20-2019, 09:09
Just received notification that Jared is preparing to ship my order. Less than 8 hours from time of purchase.

Nameth
03-21-2019, 05:13
I pulled the trigger and ordered one. 11' coyote brown with dual peak shelves. I also ordered a hug bug net from AHE.

The peak shelves are really handy, wish I'd have ordered them with my Trail Lairs. I started hammocking about 3yrs ago,and have been splurging on and purging gear pretty regularly ever since. Like you though, I'm finally figuring out what works for me, both feature and comfort wise, at weights I'm willing to carry. I'm pretty much completely dialed in now, so I only see one more major purge ahead. But, as another HF member texted me last night, "I just need one more thing...." If you like your other two SLD's, you'll surely like the Voyager. Enjoy, and Happy Hanging!

ShortRound
03-21-2019, 10:25
I bought the proto type Voyageur #3. I believe it was one michigan dave was testing. It is one i regret selling. The comfort is great just didn't like the material. Then not long after Jared ceased selling them. I'm glad to see they are back in his offering with different material options !

michigandave
03-21-2019, 10:52
I bought the proto type Voyageur #3. I believe it was one michigan dave was testing. It is one i regret selling. The comfort is great just didn't like the material. Then not long after Jared ceased selling them. I'm glad to see they are back in his offering with different material options !I think your are correct and I remember that material. Jared sent me two versions to test out then made the one I'm currently using now. Hexon 1.6 and 1.0 (my Trail Lair) are my favorite fabrics for comfort.

Glad to see the hanging canoe back on the SLD site!

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk