PDA

View Full Version : NX-250 interior ridgeline ideas? please help

Muskoka-Hangin
03-11-2010, 23:37
So I got my Clark NX-250 at christmas and finally set it up quickly in my basement just to look at it. Wow I'm excited. I cant wait to take this on its and my maiden hang. I noticed little loops at the head and foot end in the interior just on the other side of the zippers and was wondering if anyone had ideas how to turn this into a ridgeline??? Or a ridge line for the tarp. Im very new to hammocking and have never done it before and I'm looking for ideas.

If anyone can help with a interior or exterior ridge line please send photos and comments my way. I dont have proper winter gear and i need to be hammock active until i can get the urge out by going for my first hang.

hangnout
03-12-2010, 00:05
http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7731

This link has info on an external ridgeline.

TinaLouise
03-12-2010, 06:32
So I got my Clark NX-250
I noticed little loops at the head and foot end in the interior just on the other side of the zippers and was wondering if anyone had ideas how to turn this into a ridgeline??? Or a ridge line for the tarp. .

I've got little loops also in my Tropical Clark. These are inside the netting, at the top & on each end (head & foot ends). Because they are "inside" the netting, you can't use them for a ridge line for your tarp. If you did you would have to not use the netting or weathershield. What I did with them was to run a cord between them and use that as a line to hang things on while I'm inside my hammock. I've found it to be a great place to hang a fan, a tiny flashlight, my socks. Any small stuff. To attach I tied a bowline on one side with a tautline hitch on the other. that way it's ajustable.

TinaLouise

OrionFyre
03-12-2010, 14:36
I've got little loops also in my Tropical Clark. These are inside the netting, at the top & on each end (head & foot ends). Because they are "inside" the netting, you can't use them for a ridge line for your tarp. If you did you would have to not use the netting or weathershield. What I did with them was to run a cord between them and use that as a line to hang things on while I'm inside my hammock. I've found it to be a great place to hang a fan, a tiny flashlight, my socks. Any small stuff. To attach I tied a bowline on one side with a tautline hitch on the other. that way it's ajustable.

TinaLouise

This is exactly what I did. :cool:

although when I first tied it, i wasn't in it! So when I sat down I was like "hmm that looks really REALLY tight! It was so snug it even "twung" when I plucked it :scared:

I suggest leaving the head end loose until you are in it to snug it up.

TinaLouise
03-12-2010, 17:01
This is exactly what I did. :cool:

although when I first tied it, i wasn't in it! So when I sat down I was like "hmm that looks really REALLY tight! It was so snug it even "twung" when I plucked it :scared:

I suggest leaving the head end loose until you are in it to snug it up.

and this is why I used a tautline hitch as the knot on one end:D

molawns
03-12-2010, 17:25
I also have an "internal ridgeline" made from 550 cord/parachute cord inside my NX-250 for hanging small items I want quick access to while inside the hammock. It's not designed to be load-bearing.