PDA

View Full Version : Fabric types?

bansheekitty
04-30-2019, 18:59
I'm having a hard time identifying some of the fabrics listed. For example, I want to buy a gear hammock in either silnylon or silpoly, but many of the colors are listed just as that - colors, with no fabric identified. E.g. 'Royal Blue,' 'Coyote Tan', etc. Others are identified with a fabric, e.g. 'Black Ripstop' or 'Dark Olive Sil.' Is there a default assumption I should be making about what fabric the other colors are? They all list a weight, and I would *think* that a 1.1 oz fabric would be either silpoly or silnylon, but I don't know whether that is necessarily true. I could make that assumption, but if that is the case, and silnylon/poly is the default, then why would some color names specify 'Sil'?

Please help! Thanks.

kamileon
04-30-2019, 19:14
This is a great question and in the beginning I was asking the same thing as I was looking for gear. What I have learned since then is that if you have any questions in regards to a product email the vendor. I have found that all of the vendors on here are very quick to answer questions and give their guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michigandave
04-30-2019, 19:28
Lots of fabric choices out there and I know it can be overwhelming. Best bet is to email Jared and he'll set you on the right path.

soul embrace
05-01-2019, 06:07
also if there is a certain fabric you want it made out of he will do it

bansheekitty
05-01-2019, 09:07
Thanks, guys. I will contact Jared.

IRONFISH45
05-01-2019, 12:12
I ordered fabric swatches from the major cottage vendors to learn what is available.

Jared and Rip Stop By The Roll are the two I use now. We just lost my favorite DIY vendor, Simply Light Designs and RSBTR are excellent in my experience.

HandyRandy
05-08-2019, 09:25
I ordered fabric swatches from the major cottage vendors to learn what is available.

Jared and Rip Stop By The Roll are the two I use now. We just lost my favorite DIY vendor, Simply Light Designs and RSBTR are excellent in my experience.

The nice thing about SLD is that Jared will make the RSBTR order for you if you want a fabric he doesn’t stock. Quite a few other vendors require you to make the order with RSBTR and have it shipped to them.

bansheekitty
05-08-2019, 09:32
Yeah, Jared is actually making me a gear hammock now with robin egg blue silpoly, which he ordered for me. He was great to deal with. Looking forward to getting it!

Edit: forgot to mention that after I contacted him to ask about fabric types, he updated the listings to specify fabrics!