PDA

View Full Version : UQP adjusted correctly?

GilligansWorld
08-03-2019, 11:23
Does this look like it's adjusted correctly? I'm also thinking of modifying a bit and adding some S-Biners to the ends just like Underground Quilts does for theirs but....
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190803/f421634c53ea5243e17a93e5873e69af.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TrailSlug
08-03-2019, 11:36
This looks fine as long as it covers the quilt and keeps wind and rain off.

BillyBob58
08-03-2019, 12:03
This looks fine as long as it covers the quilt and keeps wind and rain off.

Yep, and as long as it does not compress the loft. Also, some like to have a little slack so that the UQP is not contacting the UQ as much as possible. In case there is any condensation on the coldest outer layer(the UQP), then maybe the condensation will not be held in contact with your down. Then again, the more you loosen it, the more wind might have the ability to get between the UQP and UQ, or maybe compress the UQP and force out any small layer of warmed air that might have accumulated. So, pros and cons with the various UQP tensions, so maybe some experimenting might be in order. If there is no condensation, I'd say as tight as does not compress the down, just barely or very close to contact with the UQ shell.

GilligansWorld
08-03-2019, 12:09
Yep, and as long as it does not compress the loft. Also, some like to have a little slack so that the UQP is not contacting the UQ as much as possible. In case there is any condensation on the coldest outer layer(the UQP), then maybe the condensation will not be held in contact with your down. Then again, the more you loosen it, the more wind might have the ability to get between the UQP and UQ, or maybe compress the UQP and force out any small layer of warmed air that might have accumulated. So, pros and cons with the various UQP tensions, so maybe some experimenting might be in order. If there is no condensation, I'd say as tight as does not compress the down, just barely or very close to contact with the UQ shell.Thanks [emoji16]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk