PDA

View Full Version : Catch all sack...length

100 Ton
08-04-2019, 14:43
Just ordered a 9 foot catch-all hammock/quilt sack as an upgrade to my thrown together DIY model.
First time ordering from SLD, and quality is great and service is fantastic!

I ordered the vented silnylon version in 9 foot length, thinking that since my ridgeline is 110”, the 9 footer would cover everything but the continuous loops, which is exactly what I wanted.

Well, NOPE, it is well short of that coverage. So I am thinking of ordering a 10 footer.

Does anyone have a 10 footer they are using on an 11 hammock with 110” ridgeline, and if so, does cover the enter hammock with just the continuous loops sticking out?

Thanks in advance

ObdewlaX
08-04-2019, 19:09
I have the same 9' Catch All with venting mesh & really like it. I used it on a recent trip with my 11' Trail Lair, 10' Trail Winder under quilt & BPL synthetic top quilt. I just stuffed what was left hanging out of the Catch All in the end with the continuous loop hanging out... once it was in my pack, I never knew the difference.

Vanhalo
08-04-2019, 19:28
You do not need to encapsulate the entire length of the Hammock with the SLD catch all....just enough to keep everything in place.

9' is perfect.

Mine is less than 8'.

Less material. Less weight.

100 Ton
08-04-2019, 21:19
Thanks for the replies...I get all that, as I already have a shorter DIY version I have used for some time...I just want full coverage for the hammock ends, and the ability to deploy the catch all on my hammock while properly hung (which means the ridgeline will be properly tensioned) and still cover all but the continuous loops.

Just curious if anyone has the 10 foot model and if so, is it long enough to provide for that kind of coverage on an 11 foot hammock. I ask only because it seems like more than a foot ( in total) of the hammock is uncovered in the above mentioned scenario, and I’m not positive that even the 10 foot model will achieve the intended coverage. I just would like to know if someone can verify that before I buy the 10 model, and sell the 9 footer I just bought.

Us5Camp
08-04-2019, 21:28
10 ft for my 11 ft hammocks is perfect. Can swallow the entire thing. One of the reasons I got it was to secure things while away from camp... perfect for that.

100 Ton
08-05-2019, 11:18
10 ft for my 11 ft hammocks is perfect. Can swallow the entire thing. One of the reasons I got it was to secure things while away from camp... perfect for that.

Excellent...thanks!

West michigan
08-05-2019, 16:51
I have the 10 foot mesh version 176147
It’s a tight fit and I’m going to extend one of the sides a few inches
This is so I can have everything top quilt and underquilt and chameleon hanging all sleeved up
I love this thing either way
On my diy fronkey winter cover I go 126 inches on length
Was gonna ask Jerod if they would do a slightly longer version

100 Ton
08-05-2019, 17:14
i was thinking the same thing (asking him about a customer job). The more I look at it, I still think the 10 foot will be a little shy of end to end coverage

Snaps
08-06-2019, 02:36
You're right.

I've had a 9' and a 10' catch all sack on my 11' Chameleon. When the hammock is strung up and I'm pulling the 10' sack over it, it'll leave around 6" exposed on one end or the other. All that means is that after the sack is pulled over and just as I take my hammock off the suspension, I have to tuck the exposed end into the sack. It's not worth a reorder to me because it's only an issue for the few seconds in between.

100 Ton
08-07-2019, 20:01
So, I ended up sending it back to Jared to modify it. I asked him to add 20” of finished length to my 9 foot version. Awesome that he is willing to do that, and at a very reasonable price! I’ll post pics when i get it back. I would have done it myself, but i would have had to buy fabric to do it, and even buying remnants it would probably cost me just as much...not to mention, Jared’s workmanship is light years ahead of my own DIY skills.

100 Ton
08-12-2019, 16:27
Pics of the custom length catch-all sack. Fits perfect....exactly what I wanted with “loop to loop” coverage.
Jared/SLD = SIMPLY AMAZING!
I can GUARANTEE I will be ordering additional items from SLD for any upcoming needs.

First Pic is my Chameleon. With 40 degree HG full length TQ & full length UQ, SLD Apex pillow, bugnet, big ridgeline gear hammock, etc, all

Second pic is with the 40 degree set swapped out for a huge fluffy UGQ Zero degree set

Snaps
08-12-2019, 16:54
This guy is jealous.

If I didn't already iterate three times on catch-all sack orders with Jared, I'd order another one.

Maybe I will anyway.

Saltfly
08-19-2019, 19:57
Pics of the custom length catch-all sack. Fits perfect....exactly what I wanted with “loop to loop” coverage.
Jared/SLD = SIMPLY AMAZING!
I can GUARANTEE I will be ordering additional items from SLD for any upcoming needs.

First Pic is my Chameleon. With 40 degree HG full length TQ & full length UQ, SLD Apex pillow, bugnet, big ridgeline gear hammock, etc, all

Second pic is with the 40 degree set swapped out for a huge fluffy UGQ Zero degree set

Is that the winter width or standard? I have a standard on the way. Just trying to get an idea of size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michigandave
08-19-2019, 20:10
Here's a first generation Jared (no mesh air reliever) winter tube, 11 foot SLD Voyageur hammock, 0 degree HG Econ Incubator UG and 0 degree Enlightened Equipment Enigma TQ. Pic was taken while packing for a winter trip. I would pack the whole thing in a big drybag to speed up my setup in camp.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190820/6709c5055603a88fe57a57dc596be2f7.jpg

100 Ton
08-20-2019, 05:18
Is that the winter width or standard? I have a standard on the way. Just trying to get an idea of size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is the vented winter version (Picture below) This is thing is nice (as evidenced by the huge smiley face it makes in the photo below :) ), and the vented strip makes a huge difference in stuffing it in my pack. My DIY silnylon version was not vented, and was much narrower and both of those characteristics made it a little difficult stuff into my pack. This one swallows all my gear easily, and is a breeze to stuff into my pack.

michigandave
08-20-2019, 06:27
The venting was a huge improvement with the sleeve. There was no way I would have even been able to stuff that monster in a pack. I bought mine from his clearance section knowing that it's tough to get it all compacted. I only use it for winter trips when I'm using my hot tent and wanted an easy way to protect my hammock and quilts, since I would take them down and just toss it in the corner so I have room for entertaining the crew.

brutalguyracing
08-25-2019, 09:38
So just used mine for the first time today
Love it, should have tried it sooner
I left my hammock gear 40* under and 40* top quilt in place as well as my Dutch wide hammock with fronkey style bugnet and gear hammock and pillow....
Went on just like my snake skins for.my tarp...
Awesome176487

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

coachhahn
09-01-2019, 12:48
Just did a test fit today and it's awesome. I have a 10.5' Bearded Hanger wide body hammock, 20 deg LLG underquilt, 40 deg topquilt, pillow, and winter sock in there. Takes seconds to get everything in there and so easy to just stuff in my pack. So much easier then packing everything individually. So happy I found this. Jared shiped in one day and had it a few days later. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190901/54a5d9b4023cce0675f3b70b486b6c33.jpg

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

y not
12-02-2019, 12:06
So just used mine for the first time today
Love it, should have tried it sooner
I left my hammock gear 40* under and 40* top quilt in place as well as my Dutch wide hammock with fronkey style bugnet and gear hammock and pillow....
Went on just like my snake skins for.my tarp...
Awesome176487

Sent from my E6810 using TapatalkSo what length did you finally end up ordering?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk