PDA

View Full Version : ***It's finally here - THE DRAGONS BREATH TOPQUILT***

georgecarr
08-09-2019, 11:50
After an 11 month teaser I decided to roll out our new quilt - The Dragons Breath! I was originally going to roll this out last year on Black Friday, but my health issues put that on the back burner. I have decided it's finally time.

The Dragons Breath is a completely new idea in how to regulate warmth in a topquilt. We took the diamond baffles that we have been using for the past 3 years on our Carolina Reaper underquilt (as well as the Ridge Reaper) and made that the baffle system for the Dragons Breath. Each diamond creates a "micro pocket" of warmth that can be shifted vertically anywhere in the quilt, while holding the down in place once adjusted. Cold feet? No problem, just shift the insulation to the lower diamonds. Colder in the torso or upper body? You get the idea.

I rolled out the 20° today, with the rest of the line coming in the next day or so. Weights are comparable with the Ghost Pepper quilts, but I will be adding more accurate weights in the days to come.

As you all know we don't do sales, but as an introductory deal I will be giving 10% off the Dragons Breath for the next 2 weeks. Just use the code DB10 at checkout and take advantage of this introductory deal.

LLG DRAGONS BREATH (https://www.locolibregear.com/gear.html#!/20%C2%B0-Dragons-Breath-Topquilt/p/146184021/category=36681226)

https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/8/3/9/1/20180917_162026_thumb.jpg (https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=31213)
https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/files/1/8/3/9/1/20180917_162106_thumb.jpg (https://www.hammockforums.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=31939)

rweb82
08-09-2019, 12:18
Looks very nice!

HandyRandy
08-09-2019, 18:51
Looks premium! Got any pics of the sewn footbox version yet? Curious what the back of that would look like.

georgecarr
08-09-2019, 19:22
Looks premium! Got any pics of the sewn footbox version yet? Curious what the back of that would look like.

I will most likely have pics of the insulated footbox next week.

Pennsy Camp and Canoe
08-10-2019, 09:32
Glad to see the health issues are better and you are innovating again!

Dvankirk
08-12-2019, 08:16
I had a Ghost Pepper in my cart Friday that I din't pull the trigger on for some reason. Guess this was why.

Tyroler Holzhacker
08-12-2019, 08:37
Funny name....Dragon Breath was the nickname for one of my old high school math teachers. LOL..Looks like a nice quilt!

georgecarr
08-12-2019, 11:37
Funny name....Dragon Breath was the nickname for one of my old high school math teachers. LOL..Looks like a nice quilt!

Well.....the working name was much different and more appropriate, (Dragons Breath is a pepper btw). After teasing with this quilt on Instagram and Facebook last September I was going to roll this out last Black Friday, but then I had the heart attack. Shortly thereafter another vendor rolled out a TQ with our working name. If you look at the design I'm sure you can figure it out ;) . Anyway, what's in a name, right :lol:

Dvankirk
08-12-2019, 13:44
Well.....the working name was much different and more appropriate, (Dragons Breath is a pepper btw). After teasing with this quilt on Instagram and Facebook last September I was going to roll this out last Black Friday, but then I had the heart attack. Shortly thereafter another vendor rolled out a TQ with our working name. If you look at the design I'm sure you can figure it out ;) . Anyway, what's in a name, right :lol:

Yeah, but that one isn't a pepper. I like Dragon's Breath.

georgecarr
08-12-2019, 16:03
Yeah, but that one isn't a pepper. I like Dragon's Breath.

Yeah,we're good with that too :cool:

Dvankirk
09-30-2019, 08:09
Got mine in. Have to wait a couple more months for it to be cold enough for me to use a 20 degree quilt, but below are the specs and some pictures. I don't normally pack my quilts this way, but I put it in a medium Zpacks bag to show the size. Incredible quality. I have quilts from multiple vendors and will say that my Loco Libre quilts are by far my favorites. I could have saved some weight if I had gone with a taper and without the insulated footbox, but I like room to move my legs around and don't want my feet getting cold. Can't wait to get it out.

20° Dragons Breath Topquilt
SKU: #DBTQ20
Size: 75" - WIDE width 900 fill power goose down
Outer Shell Color: Burnt Orange Argon 67 Taffeta
Inner Shell Color: Black Argon 67
Outer Stitching Color: Black
Inner Stitching Color: Orange
Neck Draft Collar: No Thanks!
Taper: No Taper
Foot Box Style: Insulated "Hot Box" Foot Box
Extra Down: Standard fill - no extra please
Dee Ring Pad Attachmenst: No Thanks, I'm a Hammock Hanger
Silnylon Stuff Sack: No thanks, don't use 'em
Cotton Storage Bag: No thanks
Weight: 632 grams (22.29 ounces)

georgecarr
09-30-2019, 08:51
Glad you like it. Other than mine yours was the first to go out with the insulated footbox.

TrailSlug
09-30-2019, 15:56
Nice! I just can't order another top quilt or my wife will leave me but I like this idea and I love my LocoLibre quilts.