PDA

View Full Version : In Case Anyone is Interested

Hooch
07-26-2007, 08:16
Short Stuff and I will be hanging/camping in the Brevard/Transylvania Co, NC area at Davidson River CG for 3 nights, starting Monday, July 30, then off to the Blowing Rock area before a visit to Tweetsie Railroad and then on to visit family/friends in Charlotte a couple days. If anyone wants to join us for a hang, you're all more than welcome. Just shoot me an e-mail or PM and I'll give you the rest of the particulars. Hopefully, plenty of pictures and a good trip report when we return.

slowhike
07-26-2007, 22:01
wish i could. you guys will have a great trip!

NCPatrick
07-27-2007, 06:31
I wish I could too, but I can't get off work during the week without lots of prior notice and rigamarole... oh well, have a good time, and post pics when you get back!

TDunc
07-27-2007, 08:32
hey Hooch,
Grandfather Mtn Campground has a few good spots for hanging off of 105 between Grandfather and Foscoe. We will be hanging there tonight thenon up the profile trail for tomorrow and tomorrow night.
Have fun

the sites I like are on the left looking up the hill and I think the numbers are in the 70's like 74-79. aroung $20.00 +6for the third...
I don't like spendin much but for this trip and last weeks it work well.

Hooch
07-27-2007, 08:46
hey Hooch,
Grandfather Mtn Campground has a few good spots for hanging off of 105 between Grandfather and Foscoe. We will be hanging there tonight thenon up the profile trail for tomorrow and tomorrow night.
Have fun

the sites I like are on the left looking up the hill and I think the numbers are in the 70's like 74-79. aroung $20.00 +6for the third...
I don't like spendin much but for this trip and last weeks it work well.

I'll remember that 4D, thanks. We may stay there when we head that way to go to Tweetsie Railroad before we head down 321 into Charlotte to visit Mom and the rest of my family. We always stop in to visit with the folks and go to the good places like REI, Lupie's, etc. Maybe we'll see ya there! :D

slowhike
08-06-2007, 09:26
hey hooch... how did your trip go?

Hooch
08-06-2007, 10:15
Tim, we had a good time, thanks. We're still in Charlotte right now, as a matter of fact. We were even up your way in Clemmons on Friday. We stayed at Devidson River CG for 3 nights, had a good hang every night and Short Stuff even slept in his hammock by himself the last 2. For anyone who has never tried to sleep the entire night in a hammock with a 5 year old, I'd liken it to trying to sleep in your dryer. Please don't try it. Ever. I'll get a few pics posted when I get home to Lexington. :D

Cannibal
08-06-2007, 10:27
For anyone who has never tried to sleep the entire night in a hammock with a 5 year old, I'd liken it to trying to sleep in your dryer. Please don't try it. Ever.

That may be the best description I've ever heard! I'm still laughing.:D

stoikurt
08-06-2007, 11:05
You should be well "Fluffed" by now.

slowhike
08-06-2007, 11:33
yep, clemmons is just about 20 minutes away.
and sleeping in a dryer... that's good<g>.

GrizzlyAdams
08-06-2007, 11:52
For anyone who has never tried to sleep the entire night in a hammock with a 5 year old, I'd liken it to trying to sleep in your dryer. ...

that's the quote of the day.

In the periodic discussions that pop up comparing hammock styles, here's a point in favor of the enclosed HH style---keeping everyone together in the high spin cycle. :)

Grizz

Hooch
08-09-2007, 02:19
I have a few pictures (http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u149/JHJohnston/Davidson%20Rover%20CG%202007/) from the Davidson River CG trip with Short Stuff posted to my Photobucket album. Please do bear in mind that there are some non-hammock pics there, so no whining to the mods about it, please. :p

slowhike
08-09-2007, 09:17
that looks like a happy little boy, camping w/ his dad. thanks hooch.

NCPatrick
08-09-2007, 09:21
Great pics Hooch.

Hooch
08-09-2007, 13:10
that looks like a happy little boy, camping w/ his dad. thanks hooch.We both had a pretty good time with that trip. :D I'm hoping we can go somewhere once more before the cool weather sets in and his mom won't let him go. Maybe a local trip somewhere fairly close to us, RRG would be nice if I could find an easy trail for him to go on to a campsite. Any suggestions?

rigidpsycho
08-09-2007, 14:26
Hey Hooch
If I'm not mistaken. It's been awhile since I've been there, but I believe that the trail to Rockbridge is fairly easy at the gorge or you could go to Whittleton Campground at Natural Bridge(first campground on the left). They have primitive sites across the creek from main campground and theres a small trail in the back that takes you to a cave and an arch. Used to spend many of summer days down there when I was Short Stuff's age.