PDA

View Full Version : Hey from central Pa

tkdlaxer
03-17-2010, 11:03
Hey all, I found this sight through bushcraftusa.com

I joined here after I took the plunge and got my first hammock. A grand trunks double through Cabella's.

I'm very into the outdoors, and love to kayak. I'm a Sophomore at Wilkes University, and play on the lacrosse team there. I have been a Martial Artist since I was seven, and hold a 2nd degree black belt in Tae-Kwon-Do.

Hammock Camping seemed like the perfect thing for kayak camping where I have limited room to store camping supplies. I know I'll enjoy learning here.

Knotty
03-17-2010, 11:39
Welcome aboard. There are a number of kayakers here, so you're in good company.

If you want to learn a lot about hammock camping and meet a bunch of great people, try to attend the MAHHA Spring Hang. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14178

Ramblinrev
03-17-2010, 11:42
I'm in central PA as well. I got a big ol' truck going down to MAHHA with more than enough room if you want to tag along. Be glad to work something out.

tkdlaxer
03-17-2010, 12:02
I'm in central PA as well. I got a big ol' truck going down to MAHHA with more than enough room if you want to tag along. Be glad to work something out.

Unfortunately I'll still be in school at that time, and likely worrying about lacrosse and term papers. Thanks for the offer though, I'm very close to Milton, in Selinsgrove.

gargoyle
03-17-2010, 13:01
Welcome, glad your here.

Adia
03-18-2010, 11:14
welcome tkdlaxer :)

Poppabear
03-18-2010, 11:30
Welcome! I've been known to Yak a time or two. As you have no doubt already discovered. This site has a wealth of information stored on it. Just waiting to be explored and absorbed. If you come up with a question that you can not find an answer for. Just holler out and before you know it the members here. Will reach out to you with the answers that you seek.

Bakeel
03-18-2010, 11:44
Welcome to the forum. I am in the planning stages of a campout/bushcraft campout for the Hamburg area. I am leaning towards the end of May. I will have more info as it comes together.